It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ridiculous News Photo Captions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Have you ever read the caption under a news photo and just thought, WHAT ? I was struck by this one in my local paper today and I wondered if anyone else here has examples.

"He came to the right place. A homeless man takes a break and tries to catch up on his sleep while waiting outside Los Angeles City Hall on Monday."

So, he "takes a break"- from what? I have some guesses and they aren't nice, but these days I'm an a-hole if I dare to presume anything.
And he "attempts to catch up on his sleep" - what was he doing that kept him from getting his rest? Again, I could presume but that's not PC.

Seriously, 10-20 years ago the caption would have been something like "Vagrant sprawled on public street shows how far the city has declined".

Anybody else notice this? If you have please post them here thanks!

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Photo Op

Anyone who spent most of *A* night on the streets knows you never take your shoes off to sleep next to your food bag.

Stuff gets stolen believe it or not

Besides I think thats Downy Jr in black face again
edit on 642020 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

----------------------------------
acidcow.com...
edit on 4-6-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Perhaps it's like the DMV where you have to queue for hours to be ignored served by a bored, listless, and jaded public servant who files away details that no-one will ever likely read or action?

And, being homeless, it isn't like these people can go away and be contacted later. They have no contact address.

... and, so, they have to hang around, holding a faint glimmer of hope for some sort of assistance. It does say they are "waiting" in the caption.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Did they wake the guy up to ask him?

how rude

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

-----------------------------
funnyjunk.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
what agenda are you pushing ? Homeless are losers who are nothing but drug addicts and drunks ? or homeless are so lost in this world a place saying they help is the same place this man is sleeping and No one helps ?

So what about the 40 MILLION more who will end Up homeless if NOTHING is done are they all drug addicts and drunks as well ?
Or what about the police and city conceals mayors who DID NOTHING wile homes and Business were Looted means wile TRUMP tower is being guarded buy police ?

Just what group are you claiming is the Cause of the out Brake the protesting the looting's ?
me i have picked my side as well as what ever side you picked .
And here is what I want to see . ONE the police having PRIVET OVER site No more of police policing the police .
2 ANY person who needs help and makes a effort REGARDLESS of past mistakes alest gets a REAL chance to be a member of a working ( ha ha ) society .

Schooling and Inner city's addressed in ways That acutely Improve the areas Give people hope they will start caring .
we cant save the world so STOP tring and focus on saving our country or the one sided 2 sides will be the ones who destroy it NOT some sleeping homeless person .

which side have you picked because BOTH sides will lose Its only through WORKING TOGETHER putting aside our differences do we stand a chance to change any thing . The world you dream of will NEVER exist the one they dream of wont teh one I dream of wont But by working together we can alest make a world in which all people have chance to live like more then JUST a animal sleeping on the side walk .

as LONG as mind set is US or Them NOTHING will change . As long as mind set is ONE side evil my side good Nothing will change .
Only by facing teh FACT NO side is right No side is wrong BOTH need to change do we have any chance at all .

we are OUT of time to stop this roller cost ride to heck By this time next year there may BE no way to change anything for the better and your imagery world will still never be no matter how many Die Unless your world is a world of death then you may like that world alest till its your loved ones death .

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

---------------------------------
www.dumpaday.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

LOL! Stupid homes, putting fires out and #!

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I believe what the OP was after was more of a lighter mood than your buzz kill. But hey, I get it. It's 2020 and if someone has a different opinion than you, by all means....... burn his shi*t down!!!!!!!!!!! When your done. Put your mask back on and go watch CNN. They will provide you with tomorrows marching orders.

Try not screaming so loud that you can't hear the answer.

a reply to: midnightstar

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Do you know where I can buy one of those homes?, could come in handy!!

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

------------------------------------

www.prodinr.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
what agenda are you pushing ?

Pretty sure I just asked a question. I'm just a random dude agendas aren't my thing. Your response was 4x longer than my OP and off topic so maybe I'm not the one with the agenda here?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I still get a kick outta this one.

Poor bastard lost everything he worked so hard for.

Fire burns squirrels stash

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: aceshootn

Star for you! Yes I was hoping for more humor/sarcasm and to that end IAMTAT is killing it

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I still get a kick outta this one.

Poor bastard lost everything he worked so hard for.

Fire burns squirrels stash

Thunder Bay Fire Rescue firefighters attend to a burning squirrel nest under the deck of a Shuniah Street home on Saturday morning.

Burning Squirrel Nest - I think I found my new band name

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

-------------------------------

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

--------------------------------

new topics