It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Labeling Antifa a Terrorist Org Terrifies Me

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Where is your thread complaining on all the right wing groups already labeled as domestic terrorist groups? Oh, that’s right they don’t exist. Now you see what happens when the left overreach. It just turns around on you later on when the other side is in power. Now take that same logic and place it on your guys outrage over everything Trump does and imagine how bad it will be once the Democrats won the presidency again. Will probably be impeached a hundred times before their term is up.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
... labelled Antifa as a terrorist organization. The only problem is that Antifa has no central structure, no leadership, no membership rolls. It is a nebulous term that refers to a philosophy more than anything else.

It's all beyond politics which is just a tool for exercising power and control.

Only the terrified would view a lack of hierarchy as terrifying.

Those who want and seek control do not want anyone else thinking for themselves or loosely organising around common ideals that have nothing to do with wanting control.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: SaturnFX

you can call yourself antifa tomorrow and you are it like magic.

You know what else seems magical?
How Antifa flies and buses in to hot spots very quickly in numbers that matter.... with absolutely no organization.

Now that would be something to dig into (with evidence, not just use the typical Soros tourettes).
Hell, this could all be China pushing things to take the heat off them...or Russia to turn ourselves against each other.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Where is your thread complaining on all the right wing groups already labeled as domestic terrorist groups? Oh, that’s right they don’t exist. Now you see what happens when the left overreach. It just turns around on you later on when the other side is in power. Now take that same logic and place it on your guys outrage over everything Trump does and imagine how bad it will be once the Democrats won the presidency again. Will probably be impeached a hundred times before their term is up.

This thread is dealing with a very specific group

would you like to specify one group you feel is unjustly labelled a domestic terrorist group?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Time to reference The Gentleman's Guide to Spies again.

One way to neutralize a potential activist is to get them to be in a group that does all the wrong things. Why?

1) The message doesn't get out.

2) A lot of time is wasted

3) The activist is frustrated and discouraged

4) Nothing good is accomplished.

FBI and Police Informers and Infiltrators will infest any group and they have phoney activist organizations established.

Their purpose is to prevent any real movement for justice or eco-peace from developing in this country.

Agents come in small, medium or large. They can be of any ethnic background. They can be male or female.

The actual size of the group or movement being infiltrated is irrelevant. It is the potential the movement has for becoming large which brings on the spies and saboteurs.

This booklet lists tactics agents use to slow things down, foul things up, destroy the movement and keep tabs on activists.

link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

ANTIFA practices terror. Seems like you may have been alright with them ... when they were winning.

If I (a friend you've known for a while) show up at your house, carrying an AR-15, and ask you for a ride to the bank ... are you gonna drive me there?

Probably not.

Probably after that event, you're not gonna be spending very much time hanging around with me anymore.

Treat ANTIFA members the same way ... or face the consequences you seem ever-oh-so aware of.

link   

Well, since Trump’s “declaring anything a terrorist organization” means squat to anyone but the faithful, why not?

What would be the total there ... 30% or so of the American population, a majority of the House, a little less than half of the Senate ..

Perhaps he should issue another Executive Order ... “Democrats are Poopy-heads.”

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Again give an example of ANTIFA inciting terror!

Because you claim they are a terrorist group with out any actual evidence does not make it true.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: jrod
A group/movement that is anti-facist, anti-racist, anti-sexist, ect..is a labeled as terrorism by the right?

It is clear there has been an effort to demonize the ANTIFA movement, infiltrate them to break laws and incite violance, and when that does not work pose as them to call for more violence and looting.

It says a lot about the current state of the executive branch when the ANTIFA movement is being called terrorism.

I don't believe any of them have a clue what they 'are' or why they are being generously bailed out for their lawlessness at otherwise peaceful protests.

Democrats also claim to be those things you mentioned, yet they can be pro-fascist, pro-sexist, pro-racist when politically expedient.

The U.S. is too individualistic for me to believe ANYONE who claims to be *for* the greater good. I don't buy it because I don't *feel* it and I see no evidence of it. None.

You accidentally and no doubt unintentionally made a good point

Antifa are comprised of radical leftists...I would venture to say the vast majority are Democrats.
So...why wouldn't Trump and co just determine that Democrats are a terrorist organization and ban/arrest anyone identifying as such?

I know many here would be all on board with that. This question isn't for you. its for the ATS members with a bit of free thinking left.

Because Democrats and Republicans have each others' backs. Same reason Trump didn't 'lock Hillary up.'

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I don’t feel any of them are unjustly labeled. Terrorist groups should be labeled as such, just like Antifa. Care to explain why you think Antifa shouldn’t be labeled?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Explain to us why ANTIFA should be labeled a terrorist group.

Do not just give a wishy washing response, give specific examples of them commiting acts of terror to justify the designation.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The KKK, Proud Bois, Boogalos are NOT considered terrorist groups...

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Do not just give a wishy washing response, give specific examples of them commiting acts of terror to justify the designation.

Domestic terrorism: Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups to further ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as those of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.

FBI.gov

Can’t get any clearer than that.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Do you believe in your personal right to Free Speech?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Do you believe in your personal right to Free Speech?

Do you believe in the right of Americans to oppose an illegal anti-Constitutional government by any means?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Domestic terrorism: Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups to further ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as those of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature.

FBI.gov

Can’t get any clearer than that.

SO ... most of the nation’s police forces are terrorists then, by your interpretation.

Can’t say I disagree.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Gotcha

link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: Gryphon66

Gotcha

Would that be a yes or no?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Who's next on the list?

How many more Reichstag Fires we going to see?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

CNN says it's illegal to label Antifa a Terrorist Organization.

Which tells DOJ: Labeling Antifa a Terrorist organization is the right thing to do.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join