It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Labeling Antifa a Terrorist Org Terrifies Me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Suggest you find an 11th grade high school Government textbook and review what powers a president has. Antifa is terrorism incarnate. Wanting something doesn't equate to reality. Really? All this defense of Antifa nonsense had become boring.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Snarl

Gotcha

Would that be a yes or no?

That would be:

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Deflect all you want but Antifa fits the definition exactly. Don’t wanna be labeled as a terrorist groupie then don’t act like the definition of a terrorist group.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Asking a question is a strawman argument?

Here’s it’s easy; yes or no?

Do the American people have the right to stand against Un-Constitutional acts of government?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: StreetGlide

Suggest you find an 11th grade high school Government textbook and review what powers a president has. Antifa is terrorism incarnate. Wanting something doesn't equate to reality. Really? All this defense of Antifa nonsense had become boring.

Do you have your 11th grade textbook?

Quote the part that says a President can designate any domestic group “terrorist.”

We’ll wait.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Thank you for this post.
It's really great to see truth and reason on ATS.
There's a few of us trying
Please keep pushing back

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Who's next on the list?

How many more Reichstag Fires we going to see?

Eh, soon we'll all be declared domestic terrorists for one reason or another....only the government will be spared the dreaded label and isn't that rich? Any negative thought about the government will qualify. They are so precious.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It's a really slippery slope to label a mindset as terrorism. How about just arrest anybody and everybody who commits an act of terror, and leave it at that?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Deflect all you want but Antifa fits the definition exactly. Don’t wanna be labeled as a terrorist groupie then don’t act like the definition of a terrorist group.

trump will push this until everyone that disagrees with him will be labeled Antifa. We don't need no stinking constitution!!

Looks like a good time to invest in private prison corporations.

You reap what you sow....Galatians 6-7
edit on 3-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Antifa is a joke, fascist anti-fascists.
www.google.ca...
Here is a video of one getting some sense knocked into him.
a reply to: jrod

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

One thing you can count on OP is that because of the horrible citizen snooping spynet that the Obama peeps (with its roots in the Bush era) set up, Trump and crew probably know who all of them are and where they live. So rounding them up after this shouldn't be so hard on a federal level. If they have broken any federal laws - and if not I am sure they won't mind sharing names with state officials. Especially in red owned states.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

This concerns me as well because when democrats finally return to power, they will do even worse and abuse the system.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This concerns me as well because when democrats finally return to power, they will do even worse and abuse the system.

Gosh, and I’d thought you’d be against it because it’s Trump spitting on the Constitution (again.)

2nd.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

One thing you can count on OP is that because of the horrible citizen snooping spynet that the Obama peeps (with its roots in the Bush era) set up, Trump and crew probably know who all of them are and where they live. So rounding them up after this shouldn't be so hard on a federal level. If they have broken any federal laws - and if not I am sure they won't mind sharing names with state officials. Especially in red owned states.

The Trump Administration has used just as many FISA warrants as the Obama Administration.

Of note, they’ve also had twice as many “unmasking” requests in the last year.

Don’t let the facts distract you.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Well, they're not an org by any stretch so the best the feds will ever get is five names for other white guys who love NOFX as much as they do.

Meanwhile, stinger technology has been deployed to thousands of American jurisdictions through a militarized police state and con-theorists are all, 'whatabout Antifa?!?!'

Useful idiots abound.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Maybe Antifa can protest this.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Fools

The Trump Administration has used just as many FISA warrants as the Obama Administration.

Of note, they’ve also had twice as many “unmasking” requests in the last year.

Don’t let the facts distract you.

Not talking about FISA warrants. And to be honest, since Trump is on my side he can unmask as many of the DNC hero squad as he wants because in my view their mouths and their actions are treasonous. Not to DT, but to the country and its rule of law.

link   
All joking and such aside ... everyone should remember that you can never be loyal ENOUGH for a narcissist.

Especially one suffering from frontal-lobe dementia.

link   

originally posted by: oloufo

in addition to your correct comment: organized antifascists are the ones who always stand against nazis face to face while everyone else expresses their outrage on the internet.

Fighting perceived Nazis with Nazism? That's about as sensible as fighting perceived racism with racism, but I guess it makes sense to the left since they're the ones who do it.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This sort of thing has been going on for years and years. Interestingly, there does seem to be different standards according to political affiliation, but in a lot of ways I think thats moot.

There are ongoing operations here, and they are absolutely not for the benefit of the nation.

About 20 years ago, I was involved in what many would call "left wing activist" groups. I watched them slowly be suborned and subverted by outside elements.

These elements knew that most people would simply take things at face value. So, if the marketing of a group was say, "anti fascist" in this context, it was well known that most would buy into it absolutely.

This same concept is quite prolific in any humanitarian, charity, environmentalist, activist, etc. groups. Ive seen millions and millions of dollars flow through a small town animal shelter, and the reaction tended to be "oh, someone who runs a shelter cant be anything BUT a good hearted person!" Out of the.. 8 million or so dollars, roughly $75k-$100k was spent on the actual shelter and animals...

Thats just one incident, but it ended up being such a predictable pattern that I started pulling out of all of these groups. They all tended to be either huge moneymakers, or destabilizing forces, or both. Anything that got enough traction would get subverted.

Groups that started off well-intentioned would slowly be taken over. Then would be strongly discouraged from any paths of action that would see actual beneficial change, and strongly encouraged to see protests as The Answer to Everything. And when those didnt do anything, it was strongly encouraged to amp it up "to be heard."

Not only did these operations completely destroy the core message, they tended to completely delegitimize it altogether. And those of us that started calling it out, or even just disagreeing with anything at all, were ostracized, demonized, and even threatened as "traitors to the cause."

This seems to have become significantly more pervasive over the past 2 decades. Ive noticed that younger folks dont seem to have known any different than what appears to me as corporate marketing disguised as "causes."

Im not at all sure that antifa should be labeled a terrorist group, but purely because it doesnt address the core issue. I think there is a big problem here, and these groups are directed by forces that do not have any of our best interests at heart. They hijack what would otherwise be just and good ideals, inflame the anger, and then point them in a direction that has little chance of resulting in anything other than destabilization. All the while, everyone involved will just blame the other side for the hijacking or say "thats how they have been all along."

ETA: Will anyone read and digest accounts like this? There are plenty besides my own, but they get buried in the corporate marketing deluge masquerading as "righteous," "truth," and "justice."
edit on 3-6-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join