It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A law that should be imposed immediately

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Fools

Make the poor even poorer. I am sure that is going to help.

Don't you think a better idea would be to find employment so they don't have the urge to loot.

Cure the disease don't just treat it.

Yes, exactly. So you are saying you support paying violent people involved in criminal behavior with tax payer money?

You bet, better to pay them a basic meager existance than have to defend your home, property, family or your life from their desperate charades and Antics.

How about making them work an honest job for honest money? Or is that out of style now?

Couldn't agree more, but just how do you make someone do that if they simply can't hold it together long enough to make it stable or just wont?

If they just won't, don't give them anything. When they get hungry they'll figure it out.

If they can't because of a true disability, help them. I have said this my entire life, I have never wavered on this point.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Are you suggesting they should be shot even before they loot ?

Of course not. My response was about the rioters. Not peaceful protestors.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Ha ! That's a solid point ! It's ironic and funny how we choose our own definition of freedom fighters and terrorists.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
if you're in the riot and you're caught doing harm to another person or their property.....

so what you're saying is there's gonna be a helluva lot of cops with no benefits, right?

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Are you suggesting they should be shot even before they loot ?

Of course not. My response was about the rioters. Not peaceful protestors.

Well this was my post you replied to.

What i am saying, is a way needs to be found to stop looting happening in the first place.

You can see why i asked that question.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

"What i am saying, is a way needs to be found to stop looting happening in the first place."

No, I can't. A few well placed rounds right between the eyes will stop the looting in the first place.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
When this is all over assuming the USA legal system prosecutes all these rioters which must add up to loads of people................ Does the USA have the capacity within the prison system to lock up the offenders or will more prisons be needed?

Unno but if 40+ million registered unemployed with possible families dont get reemployed somehow or get long-term assistance FAST the crime rate may eventually begin to rise.

DO NOT CARE, they commit more crimes and get caught, they get more time. It is kind of how that works.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

"What i am saying, is a way needs to be found to stop looting happening in the first place."

No, I can't. A few well placed rounds right between the eyes will stop the looting in the first place.

Well if you can't then that's your lack of ability to understand.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
Over the decades we have "invested", literally billions upon billions in social programs. While there are many examples of individual success stories, it has not, statistically, made any significant impact.

It has made a big impact. It has created thousands of public sector union jobs at both the State and Federal levels. That the majority of vote Democrat.

My Aunt used to work for the State Welfare office. It was amazing at what they would talk about. It wasn't about how to help the people that they should be helping, it was about how to expand their departments. In some places, pay-grades were determined by how many people you had under you. If you exceeded a certain amount, it was an automatic raise.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Nah...what you do is you immediately cut off all welfare benefits. Starving people can’t riot and loot, they have no energy left to do so.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Looting is because youre poor?? Nonsense. Gucci, Nike, Samsung isnt edible and makes you no less poor. Rioting is beause youre poor?? Sure.. if your only motivation is to lash out like an animal because youre poor and take from someone else.. I guess so. Burn your OWN city and community?? Nonsense. Exactly what sort of change is being effected by looting and burning? Stopping police brutality? I thought this was about police brutality and police murdering young/ish black men. Putting police in a defensive position and showing them youre violent looters and rioters should really convince them to stop being on the offensive and treat you like law abiding citizens. Youre going to get a whole lot of support and promote oodles of solidarity with everyone else due to their tax dollars/food from their own kids' mouths being used to rebuild what your misplaced tantrums, theft, and larger police presence causes.

All I have to say is seeing these riots and destruction all willy nilly sure makes me keep in mind that the police are disproportionately targeting and arresting black men... even killing some.

I am absolutely NOT above violent protest. Sometimes you only effect change by breaking a few eggs. You all lost the plot though and will change NOTHING to your benefit. Perhaps a lot to your detriment though.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Now consider 1 or more spouse or children attached...

a reply to: ufoorbhunter

People are going to start feeling it.

Sure

It all sound so crazy what we see on the news from the other side of the pond and it really is a worry. The one force for good on this planet and the strength to back it up is the USA. No matter how many crazies emerge from around Planet Earth the one thing the people outside the Sates can always rely on if things hit the fan is an American saviour from all manner of horrors. As Freeborn said the other day in another thread, the planet really does need the USA.

Hope you get stability back soon

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thank you.
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Sounds like something stallin would do

Maby just a forced work training camp re-education if you will so they can fall in line properly that way we don't look like monsters for starving people to death

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
When this is all over assuming the USA legal system prosecutes all these rioters which must add up to loads of people................ Does the USA have the capacity within the prison system to lock up the offenders or will more prisons be needed?

Ummm...we already have way too many laws on the books...and more than enough to cover the looters and destroyers...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Fools

Make the poor even poorer. I am sure that is going to help.

Don't you think a better idea would be to find employment so they don't have the urge to loot.

Cure the disease don't just treat it.

There is no known cure for ignorance, laziness, or petulance.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
If you are caught rioting and in the riot you cause physical harm to any other human being or their property your unemployment benefits will be revoked immediately. If found guilty you will no longer be eligible for unemployment benefits. If found not guilty then your benefit status will be returned to normal.

Sounds good in theory...........but..........Why do you think so many are protesting?
A lot, and I mean A LOT of people have not received unemployment.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Are you voting conservative?? I'm guessing not as I firmly believe they could already be working if they wanted. Shutting down the economy is not meeting this goal..... the liberal agenda is about giving away free money... not giving jobs. please get out and VOTE CONSERVATIVE if you want to see jobs created. a reply to: Fools

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join