It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covd 19 - It's not too late - Let's Stop it Now!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Forget all the conspiracies - even if there is a touch of truth in some of them.

IT IS WAHT IT IS - no matter where it came from originally, Man or beast.

We know what we are dealing with and we can conquer it.

Covid1 19 is a very, very sociable diseease - The more sociable you are, the more likely you are to catch it and spread it.

The value of testing is limited to detecting points of concentration - Personally you can't rely upon it because there is still no cure for it.

People, all people, should, if possible avoid social interaction that isn't necessay.

- Almost anyone you know could have it and/or be carrying it and not be aware of it

All businesses, including the health care industry, must develop a new paradigm of operations to protect themselves, their employees
and their customers.

The survival of Civilization - In fact the survival of the Human race is at stake.

LET'S STOP IT NOW

edit on 27-5-2020 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Asking for a friend. Is this sarcasm? Please tell me this is sarcasm.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
Forget all the conspiracies - even if there is a touch of truth in some of them.

IT IS WAHT IT IS - no matter where it came from originally, Man or beast.

We know what we are dealing with and we can conquer it.

Covid1 19 is a very, very sociable diseease - The more sociable you are, the more likely you are to catch it and spread it.

The value of testing is limited to detecting points of concentration - Personally you can't rely upon it because there is still no cure for it.

People, all people, should, if possible avoid social interaction that isn't necessay.

- Almost anyone you know could have it and/or be carrying it and not be aware ot it

All businesses, including the health care industry, must develop a new paradigm of operations to protect themselves, their employees
and their customers.

The survival of Civilization - In fact the survival of the Human race is at stake.

LET'S STOP IT NOW

I agree with pretty much everything except the part about the survival of the human race being on the line. I think no matter what happens humans will survive. But civilization very well could fall if this gets much worse. And in such a scenario, it would literally be a Darwinian nightmare for anyone who is not one of the very strongest or the very smartest (and/or both).

It would not be the end of humanity but it would be the end of an era and would usher in a new era of suffering and death for anyone who can't survive without civilization. I think you would not see many people over the age of about 55. I think anyone who tried to survive in a resilient community would have to fight brutal wars to survive and they would likely ultimately fail. Survival would depend on being brutal and ruthless. Civilized people tend not to be that.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   
But I whole-heartedly agree with the sentiment that it is what it is and the options are severely limited if we ever want to get back to anything close to what was normal before this. Barring something crazy lucky like the virus just mutating into a form that doesn't spread or kill as readily and/or an extremely effective vaccine or therapy (to prevent those that do become infected from dying) being developed.

+18 more 
posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   

We are conquering it... and not by social distancing or wearing face masks. We are conquering it the same way we have dealt with every virus since time began: through immunity.

Everyone has been infected by a virus at some point. Everyone alive has conquered that virus. Everyone who has conquered a virus has done so in the same way: with antibodies. There is no other way known to cure a viral infection of any kind. Flu shots work simply by encouraging our bodies to make antibodies early, before we get infected, so when an infection comes we are prepared to deal with it.

All medical treatment for viruses is aimed at helping the body survive and keeping natural immunity processes at a maximum... no medical treatment is designed to directly kill a virus. Certain medicines are more effective against certain viruses, because all viruses attack the body differently.

The way to conquer this virus is the same: a little common sense (if someone coughs, don't lick it), good hygiene, and yes, stay back a ways from someone who is ill. You'll still get the Kung Flu, but you likely won't get it as bad. Once you recover, you'll be immune, at least for a while (we don't know how long yet... maybe a week, maybe forever).

If you're elderly and/or immuno-compromised, be extra careful; it's a bad bug and could be very bad for you personally. Doctors are working on new treatments as fast as they can go. You want to delay getting it until they've made breakthroughs if possible. If you have someone in your family like that, take extra precautions around them.

Above all, stop the panic! It's helping no one, and it''s hurting many. There will likely be more people who die from the Kung Flu who didn't contract it, than who die from contracting it. It's not the end of humanity; it's not the end of civilization. It's just a very mean little virus that we know very little about yet. We'll survive this; the end is not yet.

Unless we want it to be.

TheRedneck

edit on 5/27/2020 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I get what your saying. But at a point people will just have to accept the fact it is here and we as a species have to adapt. Just like the flu. Ya it sucks having suffered through this and I am not talking about the residual affects of social distances.
As having had it I can definitely say the worst part is people being scared. Yes it sucked but just fecking deal with it and let’s get back to our daily grind.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Above all, stop the panic! It's helping no one, and it''s hurting many. There will likely be more people who die from the Kung Flu who didn't contract it, than who die from contracting it. It's not the end of humanity; it's not the end of civilization. It's just a very mean little virus that we know very little about yet. We'll survive this; the end is not yet.

Unless we want it to be.

A month ago I would have agreed - And was, for reasons still to be explained, thinking that 'they; were over exaggerating
this pandemic - After all most people don't get very sick on it and survive.

But the more I keep watching how they really can't get complete control BECAUSE no one knows for sure who has it
- That's wen I began to see the real danger - WE ARE DEALING WITH A STEALTH VIRUS
- and it would not surprise me, though I can't prove, that ir was designed that way.

that's the real danger - That's why we have to get control of it now.

- And that's why my thinking has gone to err on the side of caution.

The economy will recover - But if a seconsd wave hits - That will be really bad news!

edit on 27-5-2020 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

You gain control over diseases though immunity, not hiding your quivering hind end under a bed or crying about it in the corner.

The vulnerable can take their rushed, questionable vaccines when they're available. The rest of us can and will go about life as normal and if we catch it, we catch it. And with any luck, will never need a booster shot to keep it at bay.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Why do we need complete control? We never have any complete control over anything ever. Why do we need it for another flu virus? Which has been found [now officially] to be around 0.004% deadly?

People die, heck everything dies, even planets and universes. They die of a variety of things every second of every day. At the same time new humans are born.
That's how life goes.

I am not belittling anyone who lost a loved one to a flu [we wouldn't know for sure if it was covid, as every death nowadays is called covid-19 death]. I am saying that we should be careful like always. Someone on the internet said so rightly:
" This went fast from staying vigilant, to 'nobody can ever die of this particular disease, ever again'".

I mean, come on.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   

But it's all necessary. Social interaction is required for most employment - (Can't get free money forever)

It's necessary for mental health, personal growth, and spiritual growth.

We are Social Beings.

edit on 27-5-2020 by Jamie2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

WE ARE DEALING WITH A STEALTH VIRUS

I suppose that's one way to look at it.

The Kung Flu (I call it that or the WuFlu not to diminish it, but to emphasize to China that they do not control what we call it) seems to be more contagious than most. It also appears to be cumulative in its contagion... that is, the longer one is in close proximity with more infected people, the higher the risk of the disease becoming severe. While cases are popping up across rural areas, they are typically minor and few, whereas in larger, more congested urban areas they tend to be much more common and more severe. Thus, inner cities should be on the lookout more than rural areas.

I also believe a large part of the problem has been the attempts to deal with an unknown virus... compounded of course by the panic. The fatality rate for people who are placed on a ventilator is running about 80%, and that tells me to investigate if the ventilators are not worsening the problem. Perhaps they are, or perhaps they are simply not used until the patient is beyond help; but either way some investigation into this is warranted.

Also, the most affected areas seem to be those where patients with the disease are forced back into long-term assisted living centers. This has become a real problem, since it purposely exposes the very people who need to be protected from the virus, to the virus. That is certainly fear-driven; common sense would indicate that someone with compromised immunity or the elderly would be more at risk from any ailment and need additional protection from any virus. I heard a report recently that half of the deaths in New York/New Jersey came from this one problem, and nationally as many as one third came from this one problem.

I myself am technically classified as high-risk; I am approaching 60 with a history of heart failure. However, my immunity is still strong, so I don't worry about it. I have yet to wear a face mask, I do no more social distancing than I would had the restrictions not been in place (I'm not big on violating others' personal space anyway), and I live in a rural area. I have not had a problem. I have a friend who just finished up chemo treatments; I worry for him. he wears a mask everywhere, and I don't say anything about it. It's going to depend on the individual, obviously.

The one treatment that continues to show promise seems to be a combination of hydroxychloroquine and zinc, taken in the early stages of symptoms. Yet, a good number of talking heads on the MSM have been consistently trying to demonize and refute the results through fear-mongering. No, there are no large-scale studies on the effectiveness of this treatment, because the virus is still far too novel for such studies to be completed. In such a situation, anecdotal treatments from medical professionals who have tried them are the best indicator of potential success.

That's why I say that more people will die from this disease who have not contracted it than who have contracted it. It has been politicized, and the statistics appear to be skewed. If they appear to be skewed, they must be treated as skewed, and that means we will not have good information from official sources that can be trusted any time in the near future. Common sense and reason are our best indicators of needed action... not fear.

TheRedneck

edit on 5/27/2020 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I'm having a hard time understanding such fear and panic. Well, at least the fear and panic over the virus. I'm much more concerned about the future of the economy and our rights. Chances are that everyone will catch this virus sooner or later. And most of us will be just fine. The overwhelming vast majority of us will be fine. But I honestly don't know how we regain the rights that have tossed to the wind.

May I ask what measures you have taken for yourself, to nurse and nurture your own body in case you do contract the virus? Do you have specific existing conditions that make you more fearful?

The East Virginia Medical School has a protocol for non-infected/non-symptomatic people which recommends Vitamin C and D3 supplements, as well as zinc and quercitin. I can hunt it down and post it again if you like.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Just stay home and be scared. But let the rest of us get on with our lives. You seem like you been drinking the government kool aid and like it.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Looks like the Swiss are doing their bit to minimise the spread
www.rt.com...

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Do your research.

A second wave would be the same virus with a few mutations, but not enough to make it truly different. It would be like the strains of flu that come through each year.

Most diseases attenuate when that happens or stay about the same. A few do get more dangerous with Spanish Flu being the prime recent example.

But the thing is - researchers of Spanish Flu know it was the second wave. Those who get it in the first wave had protection from the second wave. They were resistant to getting it, and if they did get it, they were less likely to die from it. In other words, first wave infection acted like our traditional yearly flu shots are supposed to. So fearing a first wave infection from this really mild version makes no sense if you're actually super-serial scared of a worse second wave.

You should WANT a first wave case to attempt to inoculate yourself to some degree.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

Just stay home and be scared. But let the rest of us get on with our lives. You seem like you been drinking the government kool aid and like it.

I am starting to think that the scared ones shouldn't even go to the grocery stores.
Just stay at home, locked up.
When they run out of food, they can eat the wallpaper.
All for the sake of saying that they did their part to protect the world from the virus.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: cognizant420

I am starting to think that the scared ones shouldn't even go to the grocery stores.
Just stay at home, locked up.
When they run out of food, they can eat the wallpaper.
All for the sake of saying that they did their part to protect the world from the virus.

I'd be willing to consider bringing in those Chinese who wielded the welding tools to seal 'em in. For good measure, so no one accidentally opens a door, window, air vent...for their own "Why Won't You Coddle Me?" protection, of course.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

We have followed the rules in our tiny little town since March 13th. We stayed isolated for over a month. We started hanging out with each other about 45 days after. Just with our neighbors in walking distance.

At the 60 day mark we still had no one sick, and the closest known case was over 50 miles away. No known deaths from the virus.

The children are starting to get restless. We have started allowing them to visit with their friends that have been just as isolated as we have been. Easy to verify when you live in the woods and the only places for them to go is to each other's homes.

They are out on their ATVs. Doing a lot of target practicing, and now with all the much welcomed rain, comes the much unwelcomed mudding.

We have one young man that started back to work delivering pizzas. I have been out only six times to respond to emergency cases of reported assaults. Everyone else on my street has started limited trips to the market. Some of us pick up for the rest so only one has to make a trip.

If people out here start getting sick then I will have to go with the conspiracy theory of deliberate manipulation. Or it is will have to fall in the category of "you can't run and you can't hide".

We can't bury ourselves away and isolate ourselves forever. That is not living. If it means that this planet is doing a little self grooming, then we will just have to wait it out. If it is not the planet doing the grooming, then we have to rethink our priorities and replace those that we have given control.

Country folk have always given people their space. Yet, we are also very supportive and usually friendly. I understand that folks in the city have a more challenging landscape to maneuver, but it should be petering out, unless they have not been staying within their own districts. If that is the case, it may take a little longer, but they will come through this immune our not come through this and pass on.

I am done with this isolation phase. I have lived a good life. I don't know how much I have left, but I plan to live it. I know for a fact that I don't have the virus. I don't know if everyone that I come in contact with has the virus or not. Just like I don't know if they have hepatitis, HIV, TB, or a slew of other transmittable diseases. I am ready to go back to being sociable and taking my chances.

I came to this conclusion after my 86 year old mother told me that she is not going to bury herself in the house. She said her time may be short so she wants to enjoy every second she has left. She said I am going to die from something, "if it is the virus, then it is the virus. "

My Brother lives less than a mile from me, he took my mother on a drive. She said she never thought just driving beyond the dirt road would be an adventure.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

We never stopped letting the kid go out and play with his friends in the neighborhood. We were watching the cases in the county and the numbers just never justified keeping him in the house.

I stopped making most trips outside, and we have kept kiddo home for the most part. Only husband has gone out and about.

But we're starting to range out in the world again. Cases in this area just don't support staying inside all the time. And we do live in the city. Sure it's around, and there are places in the city we won't be going for the time being, but this area is pretty virus free for the most part. The odds of coming into contact with it are very low.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I think you need to see this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join