It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toaster Oven

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Heh, the place was a duplex and the landlord lived next door. He was a nosy lil' B# too! With an wallet so tight a diamond couldn't penetrate it.

Imagine his pucker factor when he saw the door open just long enough to launch a flaming appliance out the door and go bouncing across the yard!! He was knocking at the door faster than the Road Runner on amphetamines! I loved screwing with that dude's mind! LOL!

The next day I got some 2x4's and laid them up against a door frame upstairs. Then I sawed a couple of them in half with a skil saw and started driving some 16d framing nails into them against the door frame with my 28oz framing hammer. Once again he was at the door faster than a lightning bolt. His eyes were as big as saucers when he asked what the hell I was doing. Told him I didn't like the upstairs bathroom so I was tearing it out and remodeling it. LOLOL! He freaked out so bad I thought he was gonna' have a stroke. "I..I...I...you..I..have to come in and..and..inspect the, the, house...right this instant!!!" Told him no problem, but asked if he had a good heavy sledge hammer I could borrow first. Stepped out the way and I don't think he touched even one step going up the stairs. Nothing there (I'd stuck the boards in the closet). Psyche!! LOL!

Had this big 55 gallon drum BBQ out in the back yard. I used to love going out there at night acting like I was gonna grill something, but instead I'd jump about a whole jug of lighter fluid in the BBQ and torch it. WOOOSH!! The whole block would light up. Flames 30 feet high. He'd come running out, tiny little fire extinguisher in hand (he was too cheap to buy a decent one), and me and my buddy would be falling down laughing...got him every single time with that one! LOL!

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Ah, a big one. I always wondered what a turkey in a TO would come out like.

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That sounds like so much fun. All the tortureable people in my life were so stupid that torturing them would have been totally lost on them (and was, in the beginning) as after a while it became apparent there's no upside to having a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

I kid you not. One guy said, and I do quote, said "Don't worry, the Middle East is almost fixed". How does one respond to such utter stupidity?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I eat rare steaks out of the toaster oven but I wouldn't eat a rare hamburger (Though the premade hamburger patties are probably safer than raw ground beef burgers).

Who TF cooks a steak in a toaster oven?

Or a burger, for that matter??

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

About the only thing I use my toaster oven for is bread, or frozen breaded items such as frozen samosas when I'm lazy.

Browning buns for burgers, or bread with cheese for sandwiches, and things like that.

Since this is pretty much all I use it for, one thing I did do is a get toaster oven stone, which is basically a pizza stone but the size of a toaster oven tray. Helps with uniform heating and crisping.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

No need for a stone here. My tray works pretty well in dispersing the heat. Gotta admit I'd never heard of a TO stone before. Learn something new every day, right?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: Liquesence

No need for a stone here. My tray works pretty well in dispersing the heat. Gotta admit I'd never heard of a TO stone before. Learn something new every day, right?

Pizza stones make a huge difference in the crust.

I've read that Pizza Steels are even better, and I'll be trying one out soon...

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I got mine for free from the appliance company I bought my larger equipment from but I only use it for toasting, even though it basically does everything, as I prefer to make everything on the range or oven.

As for pizza stones, try Fibrament.com, they make large stones that are perfect for baking or making pizza in a home oven.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

They also make an awesome grilled cheese sandwich.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I cook only over an open flame stoked by the bones and hair of my enemies.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

So the OG paleo diet?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So the OG paleo diet?

This has nothing to do with the color of their skin, but the nutritional content of their character.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Works for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join