It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you ever want something when nothing else will do??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I woke up about 4am this morning (late, I know) and the first thing which popped into my head was...Mexican Rice.

Why Mexican Rice, I have no idea. So I had a cup of coffee, had a nibble of toast and stared into the refrigerator until it started dinging at me (twice). Eggs didn't sound good, bacon didn't either; pancakes didn't sound good...nothing was hitting that right spot. 87 channels and nothing on...kind of thing. Hmmmm...the one thing I really, really, wanted was...Mexican Rice!

But, it's wrong to eat Mexican Rice for breakfast...isn't it? I mean who would do this...right?

Soon my brain began chanting in my subconscious..."Mexi-can Rice...Mexi-can Rice...Mexi-can Rice!" Pretty soon my foot started to join in, tapping the beat..."Mexi-can Rice...Mexi-can Rice!" Okay, that's it!!!

Next thing I knew I was putting the finishing touches on a nice pot of Mexican Rice. Wife says to me..."You're going to eat that like...now??? In the morning??? Like for breakfast???"

YEP! And I'm not ashamed either!

And when I took my first bite, it was EXACTLY what I wanted, it hit that perfect spot. All those wonderful Mexican spices, and some of my favorite hot sauce added in. Oh man!! It was sooo good I even had a second bowl!

Mexican Rice for breakfast...who knew?

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It is naturally good to listen to the food you crave, that is, if the gut flora is healthy and there is no overuse of sugar.

The gut tells you what you need, if it is Mexican rice or beacon and eggs at 2am in the morning...

Could be your body needed something it knows is in the rice or spices. No regrets

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Never understood the whole breakfast, lunch, dinner thing. Working crazy schedules made me realize, yes I can have pizza whenever I want, yes, drinking a beer at 6Am when I get home after a shift is OK, yes bacon and eggs for dinner is perfectly fine.

One of my fav. breakfasts is rice from the night before re fried with scrambled eggs. Quick and easy.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

There is never a wrong time for Mexican rice- EVER!

No need for a second line, first line says it all.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If our subconscious is working correctly, it will stimulate a craving to help to fix what is wrong in our metabolism, or in some cases the craving will be the companion food chemistry or the antidote for what we are going to eat. Now this has to do with metabolism, but remember, metabolism is tied to immunity.

So, what food did you need that required an antidote that is present in the mexican fried rice?

Rice is high in molybdenum, which is needed for aldehyde, sulfite, and nitrite metabolism. And there are the spices or particular lipid chemistries used in the rice frying.

There could be a lot of reasons for cravings. I notice I go to the store and wind up staring at a food, I learned that when something draws my attention like that it usually means I need something in that food chemistry. So I started researching this stuff fifteen years ago already and have spent many thousands of hours since then taking apart food chemistry in foods. It is way harder than I ever imagined initially and I will give you this clue......nutrition experts focus on a few properties in food and often the real chemistry they tout as great is not really the chemistry that is helping. Some of the chemistry I speak of is potent, especially after it is metabolized in our bodies but is very dinky in the food itself. Like calcitriol in nightshades and root veggies.....it is the most active form of vitamin D.

So, lets look at last night. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I see a possibility of a lot of meat, which forms metabolism needs for molybdenum from grains...but no sign of breads mentioned. Also there is corn, which does make up for some of the niacin in the hot pepper and tomato which are high in nitrogen compounds, methyl in the corn is the antidote for the hot pepper. So is ethyl, so having a beer with your BBq'd chicken wings with BBQ sauce is consuming the antidote, or coffee works too because it has methyl, so does corn.

Only thing missing is molybdenum, a good homemade roll made with partial whole grain mix or a rice dish would supply molybdenum to the diet.

This is only a guess, but leg quarters do contain more selenium than white meat, and also more manganese...there should not be a deficiency in either of those that could cause the craving. Beer contains some molybdenum, plus it also contains the proteinase bromelain or papain to keep the beer from clouding when cold...those proteinases help us to digest the proteins from consuming piles of meat proteins.

Plain old white rice contains ample amounts of molybdenum, I would guess the craving is because of a deficiency in the MOCO enzymes in the body. I may be wrong, but I am just attempting to make a logical guess as to what may be happening.

I am assuming you did not have a beer or three with your BBQ.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Wow...that made my head hurt! LOL!

No, no beers. I might have had a little Schnapps though ("might" have).

Oh, and it wasn't 'fried' rice, just regular Mexican rice. But now that you mention it...hmmmmm...that might actually be pretty good!! Might have to try that! Kudos for a new idea!

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Try oatmeal or cream of wheat for breakfast or just cheerios with milk and a tad bit of sugar, they have some pretty good molybdenum amounts in them. I don't think mexican rice would taste that good for breakfast myself.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

LOL!! ...EVER!

I heartily agree! It was delicious too!

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Oh, but it soooooo did!!

It was exactly what I was hoping it would be! Scratched that impossible itch!

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I woke up about 4am this morning (late, I know) and the first thing which popped into my head was...Mexican Rice.

Why Mexican Rice, I have no idea. So I had a cup of coffee, had a nibble of toast and stared into the refrigerator until it started dinging at me (twice). Eggs didn't sound good, bacon didn't either; pancakes didn't sound good...nothing was hitting that right spot. 87 channels and nothing on...kind of thing. Hmmmm...the one thing I really, really, wanted was...Mexican Rice!

But, it's wrong to eat Mexican Rice for breakfast...isn't it? I mean who would do this...right?

Soon my brain began chanting in my subconscious..."Mexi-can Rice...Mexi-can Rice...Mexi-can Rice!" Pretty soon my foot started to join in, tapping the beat..."Mexi-can Rice...Mexi-can Rice!" Okay, that's it!!!

Next thing I knew I was putting the finishing touches on a nice pot of Mexican Rice. Wife says to me..."You're going to eat that like...now??? In the morning??? Like for breakfast???"

YEP! And I'm not ashamed either!

And when I took my first bite, it was EXACTLY what I wanted, it hit that perfect spot. All those wonderful Mexican spices, and some of my favorite hot sauce added in. Oh man!! It was sooo good I even had a second bowl!

Mexican Rice for breakfast...who knew?

In my years on tour playin' r n r....there were several...some I got...some I didn't...they were all or nothin'....Wait! Just what are we discussing here??

Sorry, I've digressed...barbecue 4 breakfast is good...nothing will fill that desire but b.b.cue

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

wots the difference between spanish rice vs mexican rice?

same?

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You know, I honestly don't know really. There is a difference in flavor though.

I think Mexican rice has more cumin in it than Spanish rice which his more tomato-ey. Spanish rice probably has Paprika in it too, whereas Mexican rice has chili powder. Other than this, I'm not really sure (not even 100% sure on that even).

ETA - I just know I like Spanish rice, but I LUV Mexican rice!

edit on 5/23/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Yes.. a rig to use my oculus rift s properly.

who the hell can even understand how to fit a AIO cooler to an brand new intel 9900k cpu on a spunky new MSI MB with all the bits left over from just guessing.

So, ultimately, I want a proper guide, and not some randomly pieced together sketch of 1000 things.

I dont think this is what you meant, however..

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Never understood the whole breakfast, lunch, dinner thing. Working crazy schedules made me realize, yes I can have pizza whenever I want, yes, drinking a beer at 6Am when I get home after a shift is OK, yes bacon and eggs for dinner is perfectly fine.

One of my fav. breakfasts is rice from the night before re fried with scrambled eggs. Quick and easy.

Cornflakes for breakfast and coco puffs for tea, is when you realise the difference.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

The first line says: "a reply to: Flyingclaydisk"

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I woke up about 4am this morning

Wow. I thought AM meant evening lol.

(late, I know)

Late? That's late? Psycho lol.

Just kidding. Really I don't think Mexican rice for breakfast is weird at all. I've eaten pizza for breakfast. That actually sounds really good.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

I woke up about 4am this morning

Wow. I thought AM meant evening lol.

It does, if you're on the opposite side of the planet to the person whose AM it is!

Which makes the entire fallacy of the mogwai ridiculous.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I must admit that I had never heard of “Mexican” rice (as opposed to “Spanish rice”) before; and that, despite having a full-blooded Mexican godmother.

Thanks for the clarification! Now I’m curious to try the “difference”.

In a vein similar to the OP, quite recently I developed, out of the clear blue, a breakfast craving for chorizo and scrambled eggs.

My mother would make it very occasionally when I was quite young (pre-teen years), but I have not had it but maybe once or twice in the (many!) decades since.

So, resistant to anything but temptation, I picked up some chorizo at my local market and whipped up a nice little batch, complete with flour tortillas warmed or the open flame of the stove until they just barely started to char.

Griddles? We don’ need no stinkin’ griddles!

And wouldn’t you know it.....BAM!, I’m 8 years old again with a grin so big it might just split my head clean open!

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Eating breakfast is for wimps dude , start of the day with a joint or two followed with a few beers and a half bottle of spirits , throw the rice out to the birds

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Recipe or it didn't happen.

I get the fascination and sometimes rice is perfect when you want to eat thousands of something. My mom found a recipe for butter turmeric rice which is fantastic in simplicity. Goes great with chicken, fish or pork. Been jonesing for some hopping john myself top off with some homemade hot chow. I'd like to try Mexican rice and turn it into a Mexican hopping john with black beans, plenty of onions diced jalapenos, and tomatoes. Sounds like this evening there might be an experiment in the kitchen

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join