It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you ever want something when nothing else will do??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I don't care a whit for the whole breakfast, lunch, dinner status quo. I eat what I want regardless of the time of day. If eggs sound good, I'll scramble them whenever. Tuna with veggies and rice for breakfast is ok by me!

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I would have made a breakfast burrito with eggs, chorizo, refried beans, Mexican rice, salsa, avocado, cilantro, and sour cream. Nothing wrong with eating Mexican food for breakfast!

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Okay, so I went and look it up.

The principal difference between Mexican rice and Spanish rice is...Mexican rice uses Cumin whereas Spanish rice uses Saffron.

This explains why I like Mexican rice better than Spanish rice; I LOVE Cumin! Saffron really doesn't have much of a flavor, it's more for color than anything and a little goes a long ways. This also explains why Spanish rice is more yellow (Saffron) and Mexican rice is more red.

So there you have it.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I would totally eat Mexican rice for breakfast! Actually, I’d eat just about any kind of rice for breakfast. I lived in Japan for a couple of years, and they usually eat rice with every meal including breakfast. I like eating leftover Chinese food, pizza, etc for breakfast.

Before the COVID-19 thing, it wasn’t unknown for me to go to the local diner to eat an omelette for dinner, with a cup of coffee.

This morning, I woke up with a migraine. The thought of eating anything was gross, but after a couple of hours and some Aleve, I had a craving for eggs. So I made a scramble with sausage, cheese, onion, red and green pepper. Hit the spot real good, and made my head feel better too. No idea why. I love what Rickymouse said about all the things that help the body’s metabolism and immune system.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

These are the unfortunate struggles of an amazing life.

"What do I want to eat today? I don't know, Mexican rice. It just came to me, so I had the time and means available to whip up a lofty recipe and make it to feast on. I had the leisure and enjoyment afterward of writing a post about it for my hundreds of friends on a forum where I'm pretty well esteemed for my writing ability and content."

These things cannot be fully understood in the first person perspective.
edit on 23-5-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join