It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What HAPPENED to me? What did I SEE???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm really not too sure how to word this; I'm really not sure how to convey the absolute FEAR I felt in the early morning hours.. I woke up, got a drink; and sat on the sofa and turned the TV on. Right in front of my coffee table I saw some kind of shadowy figure rise up; as if it was curled up on the floor and stood up.

I can tell you right now, It scared the everliving bajeezus out of me. I tried so hard to scream for my girlfriend; and all that came out was a wimper.

Then, as soon as it came; it was gone.. Vanished. I was stunned. I ran to the lightswitch, turned it on; turned them all on; and stayed wide awake, and am still awake since then. I'm absolutely terrified to be alone in that room.

I'm a believer in an afterlife, but have always been skeptical about apparitions or ghosts appearing to people. I have tried to examine every avenue... I never went back to sleep; so I know it wasnt a dream; i dont drink, i dont do drugs, i wasn't tired... I dont know what it could be.. All I remember was a shadowy figure and these faint outlines; with this overwhelming sense of fear. Absolute, sheer terror like I have never felt before (and I'm a volunteer firefighter, i've been in some hairy situations). The helplessness, the paralysis, the unability to excersize my vocal cords. It was all very scary. What was this? Any ideas?

edit: some blatant spelling errors.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by intrigue]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Interesting. If you woke up in the early morning, does that mean it was dark outside? Was there only on light source on the room? The reason I ask is that 'shadowy' is a subjective term at times. 'Shadows' require a light source in normal situations.

I've never seen a ghost but I have absolutely no fear of them. I have read (and I do believe this) that spirits can cause you to be afraid ONLY when you yourself have avenues of fear by which they can approach. It's sorta like how dogs can smell fear. Spirits can smell fear too, I believe. In actuality however, you can deny them access to you. It's part of the rules; you can tell them to leave and they must obey as long as it's not YOU who invited them via conjuring or majick. At least that's my understanding.

There are others on ATS who are better qualified to comment than I, however.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There is going to be people try to tell you exactly what it is but they are wrong. The fact is that you will never know what it is. The world is a mystery, nothing is what it seems. Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction, and fiction not as strange as reality.
Life is in all arenas of the world, probably right near your proximity but 99.9% of the time neither of you see each other nor do you sense their presence. You may even be in a wall, but not be stuck or notice the wall. Reality collides and rips, everything is perception, and perception is not reality, and perception will never mirror reality.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It went away. That's the key.

I considered posting my experiences from last night earlier... a loooong, waking dream in semi paralysis (able to move around and investigate), but that's all they are.

If it goes away, you're okay. Granted sometimes you can feel it physically, but it still goes away eventually as you climb through the various levels of conciousness from full sleep to fully awake.

It takes a full 7 to 10 minutes from when I leave bed, to go outside for a smoke for the real reality to come back. That sounds like your early AM experience to me.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
intrigue, I have also seen a shadow figure in this last week. Also my father in law told me he seen a shadow figure more than 20 years ago. When he told me this, it was way before I had ever heard of such beings.
Have no fear and show no fear. From what I have come to understand you are far stronger than these beings and you have nothing to fear from them.
Lately I have been hearing more and more from people about seeing shadow figures. I will look around on the web and see if I can find more info to post.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think the Aliens are fed up with your hostile thoughts . They are nibbling you for a good reason. You keep fighting against them, and you keep planning actions against them, still after you have got to know that they can read your mind as if you were talking aloud.

Nothing has changed so far, all you are doing is planning hostile steps against them, and you are looking for solutions to cause them actual harm.

Why are you doing this? Do you really think that you can defeat these entities?!

Well, good luck then. But remember: they are a few million years ahead of you!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
I think the Aliens are fed up with your hostile thoughts . They are nibbling you for a good reason. You keep fighting against them, and you keep planning actions against them, still after you have got to know that they can read your mind as if you were talking aloud.

Nothing has changed so far, all you are doing is planning hostile steps against them, and you are looking for solutions to cause them actual harm.

Why are you doing this? Do you really think that you can defeat these entities?!

Well, good luck then. But remember: they are a few million years ahead of you!

hmm.. another supporter of God = Alien

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
vertu why do u think that this is an alien? and why do u think he is plotting against them i see no mention of this in his post?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Don't be afraid intrigue. Perhaps if you look closely at this figure next time you will see its face and within that something that has more meaning to you personally.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by betaiso

I would take what Vertu says with a very large grain of salt. He's a crazed fraud with massive delusions.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I have had similar experiences. I have lived in the same house for 9 years and I believe it is inhabited by something. I do not know much about the nature of the specter but I have seen it and felt it, as have others. My dog often acts unnaturally, he stares at something in a dark room or hall, and once in a white he will freak out and not relax until everyone is out of a certain room. I can say from my own experience that the specter’s power is directly related to my fear.
If you face the thing you have seen bravely it may think twice.
I appreciate what the entity in my home has given me; by being forced to deal with it I have grown grate courage. Good luck. Keep your eyes open.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reptilian_Queen

Originally posted by betaiso

I would take what Vertu says with a very large grain of salt. He's a crazed fraud with massive delusions.

Such are the men who have shaped the history and very fabric of our worl my queen.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cenobite1
vertu why do u think that this is an alien? and why do u think he is plotting against them i see no mention of this in his post?

Because I can see him in person every single moment. He doesn't know it, because all this is far beyond his imagination.

But the Aliens KNOW what he is thinking, and they are nibbling him because he knows that aliens are behind all this act. In fact, he knows what species he is dealing with. The way he tries to cover himself is rather interesting, and makes them more curious .

He thinks that he is powerful and strong, but they keep showing him, how weak he is.

So what do they actually want? Stop this game, you are no party against an Alien!!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I considered posting my experiences from last night earlier... a loooong, waking dream in semi paralysis (able to move around and investigate),

Never heard of semi paralysis unless you're referring to that same feeling you sometimes get while dreaming where no matter how you try to speed things up, you still end up running in slooooow motion.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
My father described almost the same thing at his sisters old house which they believe was haunted. It was a very old house in New Hampshire. He tells me that he stayed up all night on the couch, looking UP at this wierdly ghostly shadow thing that was moving. Apparently he was scared but stayed put to show 'it' that he wasn't.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu

Originally posted by cenobite1

Because I can see him in person every single moment. He doesn't know it, because all this is far beyond his imagination.

But the Aliens KNOW what he is thinking, and they are nibbling him because he knows that aliens are behind all this act. In fact, he knows what species he is dealing with. The way he tries to cover himself is rather interesting, and makes them more curious .

He thinks that he is powerful and strong, but they keep showing him, how weak he is.

So what do they actually want? Stop this game, you are no party against an Alien!!

hey vertu, im kinda confused by that reply, u say u can see him every single moment could u elaborate a bit and tell me what u see, and also why u believe u see it?
thanx
w

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I have heard this ... but I am not sure where from or concerning what ... Maybe someone will be able to help me ... The lens of our HUMAN eyes ... make everything appear reversed or upsidedown. I am not sure ... it is somehting that we would really not be able to describe since none of us hs ever seen anything without our eyes. I wish that there was some way you could plug your sensory area of your brain into something and could just image it there. But we have a hard time closing our eyes and concentrating to see something. So I doubt if we are ready for that capability, yet. But when we are I am sure the government will let us know.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Have you seen the movie The Mothman Prophecies ?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I haven't seen the apparition but my daughter has on many occasions.
She would go completely rigid, paralized, when we left the room she immediately calmed down. It was terrifying whatever she saw. She latter described and named her apparitions. The dark shadows always but to her not always the same entity. She was 4 to 5 years old at the time. Since we moved away from that house she hasn't experienced anything like it.

My advise ....... leave.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Intrigue;

I tend to agree with James Blonde; trying not to be afraid and look at it closely; also; try not to be afraid (not easy!). Most of these kinds of experiences do seem to happen in the early morning hours presumably when the brain is expecting R.E.M. sleep patterns (dreaming). I ve had the whimpering when trying to yell experience a few times (tho I was asleep) an its not pleasant. It does sound very much like sleep paralysis; tho that doesn t mean it s not real or meaningful. This sucker sounds like maybe what Jung called the shadow self; a conglomeration of negative personality characteristics. It s possible (I m not pretending to know what it was!) it was kind of a psychic cast off given its own autonomy, as such maybe it was naturally fearful itself since it is in a sence a creation of fear. I would advise wishing it some kind of peace and to not be afraid of the locale in which it happened.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join