It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What HAPPENED to me? What did I SEE???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
In all of my experiences, the best thing to do is turn fear to anger. This enables you to break the paralyzing state and to fight this thing, which in my oppinion is a demon. I too have expeirienced encounters like this, and I simply had to command them away using jesus's name.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrozenSheep
In all of my experiences, the best thing to do is turn fear to anger. This enables you to break the paralyzing state and to fight this thing, which in my oppinion is a demon. I too have expeirienced encounters like this, and I simply had to command them away using jesus's name.

Are you that crazy guy I always see on TV doing exorcisms and promoting his own books every 5 seconds? The dudes name is Bob....somethin

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Very good replies everyone, i thank you. I've never seen the mothman prophecies, though i have heard of it. Sounds nothing like what i am experiencing.

Upon some meditation, I think I may have come to a conclusion. About a year ago I dabbled in thoughforms and creating/maintaining them. I tried extremely hard to create a protector of sorts, a creation of my thoughts, I pictured it as a very large man with broad shoulders and a dark suit. The scary thing is, if all of that stuff I practiced then is really true, it seems as if the shadowy figure may be an apparition of a thoughtform that I created. If not in reality, then in my own subconcious mind. If this is not the case, then perhaps it is some sort of spectre or demon. I have had quite a few encounters with spirits (have always lived in very old houses, the oldest of which was built in the early 1700s, where the three sons died in the civil war, just a tidbit two were union one was confederate.

I stray off topic. Of all the experiences I have had with paranormal spirits, beings, whatever you want to call them, I have never felt the fear I felt that night. It was absolutely terrifying.

If this really is an out of control thoughtform, what do I do now? You can't move away from something you created, it's a part of you. If this thoughtform has some kind of free-will and is resentful (perhaps because of the negativity I had projected at times, and negative things I wished would happen, which just happened to take place) I have no idea what to do.

If it is some kind of spirit, what do I do now? If it is a mental condition, what do I do now? I like to believe I know myself fairly well, I try to spend from 1-2 hours a day in meditation reflecting upon myself and the universe. However, those hours used to be spent trying to create or summon some sort of being to help me through life. If this is that being or creation, and it is unhappy with what I did, then it pretty much sounds like Im SOL.

I'm fairly uneducated in all of these realms, so I've turned to ATS.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
i don't know if shadow people are summoned spirits or where they come from for that matter ive seen 2 and someone closed to me saw one they always seem to show up out of nowhere and dont want you to see them but it could be anything a mental condition sure but alot of people have claimed to see these shadow people and felt major dread when dealing with them id watch yourself if you do any dark magic cause that can bring them up.

People seem to say that they are from satan but im not much of a religous person myself so i dont see them being connected to that.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by DarkFollower]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Shadow people.... reminds me of the Fly!

Anyway, yesterday I have seen a shadow object moving fast at the corner of my eyes. It was like a large bug moving towards the back side of my monitor. Was freaky. Few months ago I have seen a very large shadow spider at the bottom of my monitor, touching the power button, and it disappeared. It was disgusting.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by palg1
I haven't seen the apparition but my daughter has on many occasions.
She would go completely rigid, paralized, when we left the room she immediately calmed down. It was terrifying whatever she saw. She latter described and named her apparitions. The dark shadows always but to her not always the same entity. She was 4 to 5 years old at the time. Since we moved away from that house she hasn't experienced anything like it.

My advise ....... leave.

Footnote:

I have just learned something new about the house where these things occured and specifically that room where she slept.

This is not just a story someone told me, it is a known fact. While visiting friends this weekend, our former neighbours confirmed the story.

10 years earlier. While the husband was in the throughs of extacy with his mistress, a fire broke out, he managed to get himself and the woman out of the house but forgot about his 1 year old daughter. She was consumed by the fire and died. The home was rebuilt and the room in which she
slept and died became Melissa's room.

Creepy!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Intrigue;

I am including an excerpt from the book The Magus of Strovolos by Kyriacos C. Markides which has an excellent chapter on thoughtforms; which here is referred to as elementals:

"...First of all you must not fight such elementals. The enemy is invisible and is bound to defeat you. By waging an aggressive war against such an elemental you energise it. The way to neutralise its power is to ignore it...With indifference you extract the power of elementals and you neutralize them. Either they get dissolved or they float in the etheric sphere where they may be picked up by others."

If this is a thoughtform it derives its power from your pre-occupation with it.
The first step is to cut off the energy source, pull the plug as it were by ceasing to concentrate on it. Perhaps using meditation to focus on sending peace and whatnot out.

Hope this is of some help;

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Is it a usual habit for you to be up that early in the day?

Cause if not, it may be your body and mind getting used to the adjustment. Once your mind wakes up, you dont see things the same way, and what might have been turns into what it is....just a sleepy brain.

Then again, mabey not.

I hope you find comfort that you are not the only one though. Good Luck

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Agene, face it! If it is truly a negative part of your mind only good can come from challenging it. By challenging it you will gain experience and fortitude agents an enemy you must come to know well, for you will most likely combat this enemy in some way every day of your life; you’re self. The greatest enemy lies within.

Also consider your specter may have a message for you. I recommend you engage it in conservation, interrogate, and allow all it knows to be yours. If it has something to tell you, and it is of your mind, you will not be able to obliterate until you hear its message. Good luck.

Please respond, let me know how it goes

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think all of you who believe it's just a thoughtform and harmless are wrong. It's an evil entity which really exists. They don't go away just because you want them to.

I am urging you. Find someone who can cast out demons, or, cast you and your family out of the house before it causes material or physical damage. My daughter has never fully recovered and she is still in therapy.

PS. Neither me nor my wife have ever encouraged her belief in these spirits. We did our best to show her the possitive things in life. We kept our feelings about them to ourselves so as not to encourage her fear.

STOP WHITEWASHING IT!

[edit on 17-3-2005 by palg1]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
i know exactly what you are talking about.

and beleive it or not it has happened to me in a different sense.

no its not aliens, demons, or ghost...its simply sleep paralysis.

belive it or not it can occur in the 1st waking minutes. i had it happen once when i woke up and saw my clock layed down and bame it hit me, its crazy #

i saw the figure, heard voices, was paralysed, and couldnt scream, i also had the intesnt feeling of fear, ironically all this is symtoms of sleep paralysis...hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
similar to what has happened to me.. iwas falingasleep but was awake (the lights went out) so iw as on a couch with a flashlight reading, and i put the light like up towards the cieling and i swear i saw somethin twitchy start walking towards me,, then it faded awa.. it was wierd

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
i have to admit, i have seen similar things knocking about in my jouneys thou life.

i`ve never felt fear from them, i get more of a shock... as if you`ve just come around a corner and some-ones right there.

and it`s pretty much like that too, once i was walking thou town. just bought a topup card for my phone, as i`m walking down the road scratching the panal offa the back... i little figer appers in front of me! i see it just above the card where the pavement meets the card... it looked like some sort of goblin?type creature.

it stood about two feet tall, wide looking head. mossy greeny brown look to it,
with a little bop belly.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Ive never felt fear either just an odd surprise that they are there my one exprience i was siting in a kinda dark room by my computer and i look a few feet away from where i was siting and it looked as if a thing of dark matter lept from a chair that was there and vanished in the air. The other time this happened i was siting at the back of where i work at the docks and i noticed guy walk under a light a few seconds later a shadow crept from that light but no person casted the shadow it walked a few feet and then vanished.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I would definatly say avoid it altogether.

Have proper planning. If you have to walk down a dark hallway to get to a light switch, to stop yourself great mental anguish I would install more lightswitches.

I am awake at night and I sleep during the day on certain schedules. My room is always lit and when I goto use the bathroom sometimes I have to walk through the dark.

After a few times of getting that feeling of presence's, I learned to prepare and making sure my house is illuminated 24/7.

Also it is a VERY good idea to stockpile candles, kerosene lanterns and use the lightbulbs that last 10 years.

That is how I battle the unknown. You cant let yourself into it's favored world (the dark). And illumination always wins. Dont go cheap on the illumination. You could still be scared in a half lit room.

Also make sure that if your ever faced with a blackout, you have the means to bring light within an arm's length. I know once I witness fear, I usually cower for sometime until I normalize my thoughts. Having the power of LIGHT will prevent any "uncomfortable" moments.

Also the TV or radio helps in the event of "normalizing" your thoughts after being scared. At least for me, I can turn on MTV and know that "the normal world" is still out there. Or at least the thought of it.

[edit on 19-3-2005 by Ritual]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ritual, it sounds like your life is governed by fear
I hope one day you will find the strength to have a happier life

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I know once I witness fear, I usually cower for sometime until I normalize my thoughts.

I know what you mean. Once upon a time, I used to feel the same way, but with the right people to talk to, you get to understand everything behind it and why it is wrong to fear that way. The unknown is just a another noise, vision or phenomena waiting to be uncovered.

Perhaps the best thing to do instead of stay fearful is to face it and see what happens. Most likely nothing will happen, but you wont know until you have faced it. Good Luck to all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join