It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID-19 is killing 20 times more people per week than flu does, new paper says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

The actual study doesn't have any images of coffins. You're misrepresenting the facts.

The authors are from Harvard and Emory University. If you aren't aware, Emory is directly affiliated with the CDC, and Dr. Del Ray has been a leader in the effort to fight COVID, not to mention, advocating for healthcare workers.

You aren't interested in analysis, or in actually evaluating the study for facts (how could you be, you're not talking about the actual study) you're intent on "debunking" anything that doesn't fit your (apparent) chossen narrative that COVID is "just like the flu."

And that's just your first paragraph ...

Frankly, it's not worth my time, nor scrolling the thread, to go any further in discussing your critique of a summary of an actual study, not to mention that your logic as such is so fallacious as to be almost embarrassing to point out.

For example you damn the summary of the study because data on influenza deaths is known to be inaccurate. Then you proceed as if you DO have good data ... because how else could you "debunk" these doctors who have actual facts and hard data in front of them ... unless you have better data?

Well, of course, the answer is they're talking about actual statistics (well, at least the actual study is) and you're talking about your appeal to ignorance.

And that's the second and third paragraphs ...

Then you want to cry because the summary of the actual study you're critiquing actually tries to get documented information on flu deaths by going to the actual death certificates. You know, actual data, not the "well we all know" BS that you're spouting.

And that's the fourth....

And then you drift off into pure speculation and arguing from ignorance ... so, was any of that worth your time or my time?

Nope. You want to argue belief, as does most of the gang ... dont' pretend you're actually making comments about the science, though.

What you just performed is like claimng that you can say something about Hamlet because you read the Cliff Notes. Absurd.

edit on 21-5-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

They scare with numbers... That's their goal. I heard there were 6,000,000 cases worldwide now.

So what they're telling me is that the "deadliest, most contagious" virus in the world has now affected 0.07% of the population...

Six million sounds so much more scarier than 0.07% though, right?

Meanwhile, there's no vaccine and everyone is out and about again like nothing happened. It's all fun and games until you get bored.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The authors are from Harvard and Emory University. If you aren't aware, Emory is directly affiliated with the CDC, and Dr. Del Ray has been a leader in the effort to fight COVID, not to mention, advocating for healthcare workers.

Who do they get funding from?

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Science is for f@#s, man.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: VariableConstant

Well, we hit 90,000 last Saturday and we're up to 93,806 so I'd guess around 700 in this fading trend...

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Many people know the CDC and other "Health.orgs" are politically infiltrated and most reports are economically dependent ⭕🎱⭕

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

And you go from thread to thread and your only comment is that you don't enjoy my posts.

That is a lie.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

And you go from thread to thread and your only comment is that you don't enjoy my posts.

That is a lie.

Nope.

2nd.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Many people know the CDC and other "Health.orgs" are politically infiltrated and most reports are economically dependent ⭕🎱⭕

"Some folks are saying ..."

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

That is a lie.

Come on man, you gotta laugh at that... He thinks you're obsessed with him even though the rest of the forum knows your posts and know you don't post about not enjoying someone's posts.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

That is a lie.

Nope.

2nd.

Here is a link to a post that I made yesterday that does not reference your posts at all, much less that I don't enjoy your posts.
Link to post.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

That is a lie.

Nope.

2nd.

Here is a link to a post that I made yesterday that does not reference your posts at all, much less that I don't enjoy your posts.
Link to post.

That's against T&C Butch. Let's leave it here. I apologize for my out-of-place statement. I'll just start ignoring your posts again.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

That is a lie.

Come on man, you gotta laugh at that... He thinks you're obsessed with him even though the rest of the forum knows your posts and know you don't post about not enjoying someone's posts.

Oh, I did laugh.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
First of all, the official deaths are covid related deaths and often are not caused by covid. As a protective measure because the CDC screwed up and Trump believed them, they twisted the evidence, if there is a possible diagnosis of covid, it is covid related, no test can be done to discredit that diagnosis. But if the person dies and has flu like symptoms a covid test is supposed to be done.....even if the death is from any cause and not related to the covid infection. If you coughed when the car accident happened, and you die, chances are you will get a covid test when dead.

Evidence is falsified a lot, most people who died from the flu died from Pneumonia, that has a different treatment than the flu most times....and it is taboo to give someone with a virus antibiotics these days. Just because people supply evidence does not mean it is relevant. A vaccine for covid will not help most people over seventy or those with very compromised immune systems or meds that severely dampen the immune response. A vaccine stimulates immune response, if your immune system is shot, it can't be stimulated. An old person who was stimulated to fight the flu might not have enough immune system left to fight the Covid19 adequately. That is how it goes when you get old. If you stimulate the immune system to fight the flu, it may help, but then maybe they don't have enough left to fight pneumonia, so they also suggest a pneumonia vaccine to cover that. But in old people, is there enough immune system left to fight other pathogens?

The medical Industry here lacks common sense most times, it is a big money making industry and a major part of our economy. I think we should focus on stabalizing our economy with more factories instead of medical jobs, look at the disaster we just had, a real lot of medical workers were layed off because of the way they handled this.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

"Some folks are saying ..."

Nope. Many are 😃

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
My State keeps changing the definition of Corona virus death. The change they made yesterday doubled the number of deaths in my County.

I will say one thing though. This Corona virus seems to have cured the Opioid Epidemic. I can't remember the last drug death mentioned.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
My State keeps changing the definition of Corona virus death. The change they made yesterday doubled the number of deaths in my County.

I will say one thing though. This Corona virus seems to have cured the Opioid Epidemic. I can't remember the last drug death mentioned.

I suspect quite a few flu deaths are being counted as Covid deaths. I'd love to see a side by side analyses. I'd bet 2020 will be the lowest flu deaths on record....

I bet we also see see increases in heart attacks, cancer deaths, strokes, etc because people are not getting treatment at hospitals like they should under normal circumstances. Of course, any increase is going to be attributed to uncounted Covid deaths, not that they died because of the lockdown.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
How many people die to the flu who do not get counted? Let's say during a bad flu season 60k die, so we should see about 1.2 million deaths in a few months.... Do they do the Dr. Evil pinky in the corner of their mouth when they say 20 times?

edit on 21-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I suspect quite a few flu deaths are being counted as Covid deaths. I'd love to see a side by side analyses. I'd bet 2020 will be the lowest flu deaths on record....

I bet we also see see increases in heart attacks, cancer deaths, strokes, etc because people are not getting treatment at hospitals like they should under normal circumstances. Of course, any increase is going to be attributed to uncounted Covid deaths, not that they died because of the lockdown.

I would say close to half... There is other reports that 10,000s are also dying due to non COVID-19 reasons such as not going to a hospital when they should as just one reason of a good number. I know 3 people who were diagnosed as having COVID-19 without actually being tested for it, so who knows if they had it or the normal flu.

edit on 21-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Well, if they had beer on their breath when they died of opiods, it may be listed as a possible Corona related death.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join