It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official UFO Disclosure “May Be Imminent” – A Historical Perspective

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

1975 - Ralph Blum and L J Lorenzen

The 14 December 1975 issue of “The National Insider” included an article entitled “Defense Department Ready To Admit That UFOs Exist”, which included quotes from Ralph Blum and L J Lorenzen.

That article reported that “The US Defense Department may be about to acknowledge that flying saucers from other planets really do exist, claims the heard of America’s most conservative UFO research group. The announcement will come in the near future because of the rapidly increasing number of documented sightings, maintains L J Lorenzen, executive director of the Aerial Phenomena Research Organization”.

L J Lorenzen was reported to have stated that “My information is that the government will release all of its information within the next two years”.

Ralph Blum was reported to have stated he had “information that the US government soon will admit that UFOs are real and come from outer space”..

Quoted by Philip Klass in his 1977 item "The government will soon reveal the truth about UFOS (But don’t hold your breath)”:
www.facebook.com...

Barry Greenwood kindly provided me with a copy of this newspaper clipping.
edit on 20-5-2020 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

1975 - Robert Barry

The 27 October 1975 “Midnight” reported Robert Barry of the 20th Century UFO Bureau as stating that "The government will tell us what's been going on in a series of television documentaries over a period of months...The entire story is slated to be disclosed by the 200th anniversary of the Independence on July 4, 1976."

Quoted by Philip Klass in his item "The Cloudy Crystal Ball" in Skeptic UFO Newsletter Number 14 March 1992 at page 8:
centerforinquiry.org...
Mentioned by Martin S Kottmeyer in his article “Still Waiting: A List of Predictions from the ‘UFO Culture’ ”, available online HERE

link   

1975 - Stanton Friedman

In an interview with “UFO Report” magazine, Stan Friedman was asked about rumours and predictions about “a confrontation in the near future”. Stan responded that "I'm not saying the aliens are going to land, but I do say there is going to be an official announcement from on high about it”.

Stan also referred in the same interview to a bet that he had made with UFO skeptic Philip Klass. Stan stated that he had accepted a bet with Phil Klass under which Phil Klass would pay out $10,000 “if the President or Vice President states that the planet is being visited by extraterrestrials”. Stan said that he had challenged Klass and put up $100 for 10 years. Stan said “I’m betting it will happen before 1985. I think it’s a good investment”.

Interview of Stan Friedman in “Ufo Report”, Winter 1975 (Vol 2 No 6) at page 72-73.

Mentioned by Martin S Kottmeyer in his article “Still Waiting: A List of Predictions from the ‘UFO Culture’ ”, available online HERE

link   

1975 - Senator Barry M. Goldwater

Senator Barry M. Goldwater in a letter to researcher Shlomo Arnon, dated 28 March 1975, stated: that the information collected by the Air Force is “still classified above Top Secret” but he had heard that “there is a plan under way to release some, if not all, of this material I the near future”.

That letter included the following:

"The subject of UFOs is one that has interested me for some long time. About ten or twelve years ago I made an effort to find out what was in the building at Wright Patterson Air Force Base where the information is stored that has been collected by the Air Force, and I was understandably denied the request. It is still classified above Top Secret. I have, however, heard that there is a plan under way to release some, if not all, of this material in the near future. I'm just as anxious to see this material as you are, and I hope we will not have to wait too much longer."

Quoted by Timothy Good in his book “Above Top Secret” (1988).

link   

1977 - U.S. News & World Report

Under a heading which included “…Official Word Coming on ‘UFOs”, the “U.S. News & World Report” dated 18 April 1977 published the following:

“Before the year is out, the Government perhaps the President - is expected to make what are described as ‘unsettling disclosures’ about UFOs. Such revelations, based on information from the CIA, would be a reversal of official policy that in the past has downgraded UFO incidents.”

Sadly, no source was published for the “information from the CIA”…

Philip Klass wrote to the editor of the “U.S. News & World Report” offering odds of 100:1 that the prediction would not come true. He subsequently wrote (in 1992) that his offer had not prompted any takers, including from the reporter who had written the prediction.

Discussed by Philip Klass in his item "The Cloudy Crystal Ball" in “Skeptic UFO Newsletter” Number 14, March 1992 at page 8:
centerforinquiry.org...

Discussed by Philip Klass in his item Skeptic UFO Newsletter Number 46 (July 1997) on pages 6 and 7:
centerforinquiry.org...

Mentioned by Robert Sheaffer in his book “UFO Sightings” at page 164. Robert kindly provided a copy of this clipping to me.

Mentioned by Robert Sheaffer in his article “ ‘UFO Disclosure’ Happening Again This Year” in the Skeptical Inquirer (Volume 40 Issue 6 at pages 16-17):
skepticalinquirer.org...

link   

1978 - Leonard Stringfield

Leonard Stringfield wrote in 1978 book “Situation Red: The UFO Siege” that:

“Since the great siege of 1973, there are increasing rumors, hints and leaks that suggest that soon there may be an official lifting of the lid that conceals the truth about the UFO. Once we know the truth, from whatever source, perhaps the world will find cause to unite. The answer may even bear a cornucopia of goodness for man, a sharing of scientific and cultural knowledge— or it may spell man’s ultimate doom”.

Mentioned by Ulrich Magin in his German-language article "Wir sind knapp davor..." in JUFOF Issue 232 (2017) at pages 112-115 (at pages 18-20 of the PDF version).

link   

1983 - Walt Andrus (MUFON)

Then International Director of MUFON, Walter Andrus, commented in the July 1983 MUFON UFO Journal that "I am predicting that the forthcoming book titled Clear Intent authored by Larry Fawcett and Barry J Greenwood ... will force the Pentagon and our government Intelligence agencies to reveal why they have conducted a 'Cosmic Watergate' or cover-up with respect to their involvement with UFOs".

Discussed by Philip Klass in his item "The Cloudy Crystal Ball" in “Skeptic UFO Newsletter” Number 14, March 1992 at page 8:
centerforinquiry.org...

Mentioned by Robert Sheaffer in his book “UFO Sightings” at page 164

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

1988 – Brad Steiger

The Toronto Sun reported on 26 December 1988 that Brad Steiger had claimed that American and Russian leaders may be improving their relations “in an attempt to show extraterrestrials that earthlings have matured as a race”. Brad Steiger said that "sources close to George Bush indicate the President-elect is about to release secret documents detailing the government involvement with ETs and decades of coverups"

link   

1991 - Stanton Friedman

On 28 June 1991,Stanton Friedman predicted on the "For the People" radio talk that the US Government wold probably reveal the truth about UFOs in 1992. He predicted that there would be an "an international announcement. They will show pictures. I think they will clearly establish that we are dealing with Alien visitors and I think they will convene an international conference of religious, economic and political leaders."

Quoted by Phil Klass in his “Skeptics UFO Newsletter” Number 40 (July 1996) at page 7.
centerforinquiry.org...

link   

1995 - Disney

During March 1995, a UFO show produced by Disney was broadcast - at least in part to promote a new “Alien Encounters” ride at Tomorrowland, Disney World (which was due to open in the summer of 1995).

Ufologist David Halperin has written about this documentary on his blog at the link below. He describes this show as “a truly awful program, stinking of dishonesty and manipulation” and a “vile piece of trash”. David is a fairly mild-mannered chap, so this sort of language from him indicates he really didn’t like this documentary.
www.davidhalperin.net...

In the middle of the show (at about 21 minutes 25 seconds into the show), the narrator stated “indications are that government military and scientific leaders will soon release nearly a half-century of official documentation of ongoing alien encounters on earth. perhaps they feel it would be too embarrassing not to reveal the truth before the truth reveals itself.”

Near the end of the show (at about 38 minutes 10 seconds into the show) the narrator stated that “statistics indicate a greater probability that you will experience extraterrestrial contact in the next five years than the chances that you will win a state lottery”.

Mentioned by Martin S Kottmeyer in his article “Still Waiting: A List of Predictions from the ‘UFO Culture’ ” available online HERE

Disney has cropped up other contexts in relation to rumours and claims of a planned UFO Disclosure. Probably the best known such claims relate to Disney animator, Ward Kimball. Those claims are outside the scope of this discussion, but there are various existing threads giving brief details at the links below.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

1996 - Debbie Jordan

On 15 December 1996, Debbie Jordan (also known as “Kathy Davis”, who featured in the book “Intruders” by Bob Hopkins) posted on her website a transcript of an interview she had given “on UFOs A-Z”, which apparently was a “nationally syndicated radio broadcast”. In that interview, Debbie Jordan was asked about the “lot of talk” going on about “Hale-Bopp and open contact with alien entities” and whether she “ever get a sense that there will ever be a time when they'll be more open with their contact”. Debbie Jordan replied :

“Oh, absolutely. And I feel at this point, I.... again, this is just thoughts that I have and just pop into my head that I write down.... I feel as if they're pretty much done with what they've been doing for a while, and the time is drawing very near, very quickly, that we're going to be ready for what they have planned next, and I think that it's going to be open contact, I think that there's going to be a lot of admissions made by a lot of people, way up in the ‘high-ups’, and the ‘should knows’, that are going to finally talk, and I think that big, big things are right on the horizon”.

The relevant transcript posted by Debbie Jordan is in the Wayback Machine's archive at the link below: web.archive.org...://debshome.com/message_from_Deb_L.html

Mentioned by Martin S Kottmeyer in his article “Still Waiting: A List of Predictions from the ‘UFO Culture’ ” (citing “Debbie Jordan's UFO Research Page webdocument”), available online HERE

link   

1996 - Richard Boylan

In an article entitled “New UFO Events in 1996”, Richard Boylan wrote about “an abundance of leaks and disclosures pertaining to UFO reality” that he stated were “occurring this year”. One of the items was as follows:

“It is my analysis that the ending of the official government's UFO cover-up began August 7, 1996, the day a well-orchestrated NASA press conference made the announcement that evidence for life on Mars had been discovered, closely followed by remarks by President Clinton and Carl Sagan. … Given the ambiguous evidence which NASA trumpeted to the world, it appears that the actual significance of this globally-hyped announcement was not so much about evidence of life on Mars, but that the attention of everyone in the country and the world was being focused on the fact of extraterrestrial life. … It appears that we may expect further announcements related to UFOs and extraterrestrial life, after the November 5 election, as the Administration proceeds with the holding of a public Symposium, "Life In The Universe", on November 22 in Washington, DC at George Washington University. It will deal with public response to the government announcement of extraterrestrial life (on Mars), and the "cultural, intellectual, theological and policy implications". Following this Symposium, the vice-president will preside over a National Space Summit in December, at which prestigious scientists will be participating to discuss what should be America's directions for space in view of the discovery of extraterrestrial life”.

Article online at:
web.archive.org...://www.qtm.net/~geibdan/newsb/boylan.html

Discussed by Robert Sheaffer in his article “ ‘UFO Disclosure’ Happening Again This Year” in the Skeptical Inquirer (Volume 40 Issue 6 at pages 16-17):
skepticalinquirer.org...

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

2009 – Michael Cohen

On 7 June 2009, Michael Cohen wrote an article entitled “France Poised to Disclose ET Presence on Earth”, in which he asserted that “France is set to concede that it is aware of an alien presence on earth by no later than Friday”.

His article included the following:

The words 'Nous ne sommes pas seuls' or 'We are not alone' will be somberly pronounced this week by a senior Government official of the nation that brought the world 'Liberté, égalité, fraternité'. France is set to concede that it is aware of an alien presence on earth by no later than Friday.

Paris has chosen follow the lead of maverick UFO nation Brazil and resist US pressure to continue delaying disclosure until America feels it is ready for the event.

It is believed that a telephone hot-line has been set up in Paris to deal with queries from panicky citizens. A special division of France's police department is also to be established: to handle UFO reports.

The French have gone to so much effort to protect their culture from encroaching 'Anglo-Saxon' influences and now they are preparing to protect their culture from what might be even more powerful extraterrestrial forces.

It is believed Holland and Germany are set to soon follow France's lead.

Copy of article online at:

www.ufocasebook.com...

A thread on the ATS discussion forums about Michael Cohen’s assertion obtained 110 flags (indicating it was one of the more popular threads of that month/year on ATS):

link   

2009 – Dr Pete Petersen

Dr Pete Petersen told Bill Ryan of Project Camelot in 2009 that President Obama would reveal UFO contact by the end of that year. Pete Petersen said that he had been told this by people who knew that the television time on the networks had already been booked, for 27th November 2009. Obama was reportedly going to reveal contact with six friendly extraterrestrial races.

Bill Ryan talked about his at the Project Camelot conference in Zurich on 12 July 2009.

A video of an interview with Dr Pete Petersen was released by Project Camelot in September 2009:

A thread on the ATS discussion forums in December 2009 entitled “On Camelot site: ‘No Disclosure’” about Pete Petersen’s claim (i.e. after the predicted date of 27 November 2009 had passed) assertion obtained just 4 flags (indicating it was not a popular thread). The thread began by quoting a statement on the Project Camelot site that stated Peter Petersen had commented that “it that it was just a plan, and that plans often change.” That announcement did go on to say that, “Recent events, however, suggest a steady build-up to an announcement of something, sometime”

Dr Pete Petersen was described on the Project Camelot website as “someone who even by Project Camelot standards had a quite enormous amount of high quality information, backed by personal experience, on an astonishingly large range of subjects” and an “extremely well-informed insider - and a most remarkable and brilliant scientist”:
www.projectcamelot.org...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

link   

2009 – David Wilcock

On 7 October 2009, David Wilcock had one of his numerous appearances on the Coast To Coast radio show.

At about 8 minutes into the show he stated that his "insiders" within the intelligence community were telling him the government plans full disclosure before the year’s end, and there was a 2 hour international TV spot reserved for this event. He also said that these intelligence agents would introduce us to human-looking extraterrestrials.

A thread on the ATS discussion forums in October 2009 entitled “David Wilcock: Full Disclosure and Introduction to ET by years end?” about David Wilcock’s assertion obtained 143 flags (indicating it was one of the more popular threads of that month/year on ATS):

David Wilcock’s numerous appearances on Coast To Coast shows are listed here:
www.coasttocoastam.com...

David Wilcock’s Facebook page has nearly 200,000 “likes”. That page advertises his “online training program to prepare for upcoming planetary changes, to connect with your higher guides and to fulfil your soul purpose”.

link   

2009 - Youtube user “brennanclan”

On 16 November 2009, Youtube user “brennanclan” shared a video entitled “Vatican ufo disclosure soon”. (“Brennanclan” uploaded numerous UFO videos, with some having up to 600,000 views each)

Despite the title of the video being phrased as a statement, the brief video merely states that “the Vatican's chief astronomer” (Father Jose Gabriel Funes) had said that “there could exist other forms of life outside earth” and has a large caption asking a question : “are they preparing the world for alien visitors?”.

link   

2009 – Michael Salla

On 21 October 2009, Michael Salla published an article on the Examiner website in which he proclaimed that “An official announcement by the Obama administration disclosing the reality of extraterrestrial life is imminent”.

Salla claimed that “For several months, senior administration officials have been quietly deliberating behind closed doors how much to disclose to the world about extraterrestrial life. Dissatisfaction among powerful institutions such as the U.S. Navy over the decades-long secrecy policy has given a boost to efforts to disclose the reality of extraterrestrial life and technology”.

Salla also stated that “a diverse number of sources and events point to some form of extraterrestrial disclosure being made by the end of 2009, or early 2010”. Those sources included “whistleblower” Dr Pete Person, “researcher” David Wilcock, Richard Hoagland and “confidential” sources.

A copy of Michael Salla’s article is at:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

A thread on the ATS discussion forums in October 2009 entitled “Official disclosure of extraterrestrial life is imminent” about Michael Salla’s assertion obtained 70 flags (indicating it was one of the more popular threads of that month/year on ATS):

link   

2010 - Stephen Bassett

On 28 December 2010, Stephen Bassett posted a “Paradigm Research Group” update on the UFO Updates email discussion List that “pressure on the truth embargo and public awareness continue to grow as has the public's expectation and frustration”. He stated that “Disclosure is inevitable and soon”.

Post by Stephen Bassett dated 28 December 2010 at page 213 of 238 in the archive of posts to the UFO Updates list for December 2010 at:
files.afu.se...

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

2016 – Daily Express newspaper

On 22 October 2015, the Daily Express newspaper published an article entitled “IS WORLD ABOUT TO BE TOLD ALIENS EXIST? UFO pop star says 'big things are coming'”.
The relevant article stated “FORMER Blink-182 frontman Tom DeLonge has claimed "big things are coming" in the world of alien disclosure in response to emails that he sent to Hillary Clinton's campaign team which were released by Wikileaks.”
www.express.co.uk...

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

2016 – Stephen Bassett

On 20 May 2016, the Daily Express published an article entitled “EXCLUSIVE: Barack Obama 'on brink of revealing intelligent aliens visit Earth'”.

That article quoted Stephen Bassett as stating "We are going to get disclosure this year”.

Stephen Bassett also stated “This will be a reality this year and across the front pages of newspapers across the world. The most significant news story that has ever been broken”.
www.express.co.uk...

Discussed by Robert Sheaffer in his article “ ‘UFO Disclosure’ Happening Again This Year” in the Skeptical Inquirer (Volume 40 Issue 6 at pages 16-17):
skepticalinquirer.org...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join