It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official UFO Disclosure “May Be Imminent” – A Historical Perspective

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

2016 – Daily Express

On 23 August 2016, the Daily Express published an article entitled “'IT'S COMING' The UFO truth legacy more profound than Christ which Obama may trigger”

That article stated: “A growing number of so-called alien disclosure campaigners believe 2016 could be the year we are told the truth IS out there following years of alleged secrecy over a supposed contact between alien visitors and world governments.”

Stephen Bassett was quoted as saying that ““If you think being Jesus Christ is a big deal, being the Disclosure President is a bigger deal!”.

www.express.co.uk...

link   

2017 - Stephen Bassett

In 2017, Stephen Bassett made various statements as part of a fund-raising campaign to end the so-called “truth embargo” about UFOs, including stating

“"After 20 years of engagement of the issue, I know this embargo can end soon with your help”.

presenceofaliens.blogspot.com...

2017 – “The Disclosure Activists”

On 31 March 2017, the Daily Express (a British tabloid newspaper) published an article entitled “EXCLUSIVE: World is ‘about to be told ALIENS EXIST and are HERE on EARTH”.

The article stated that the “lobby group” The Disclosure Activists “a new international consortium” claimed that “Global governments are preparing the world for an imminent announcement that intelligent aliens exist and are already here on Earth”.

The article quoted “co-founder” Russell Calka as stating that "Recently there is a systematic effort from within the US and other world governments to release this information to the public."

“Group co-founder” Dr Lisa Galarneau was quoted as stating “Through these government disclosures, scientific discoveries of exoplanets, leaks, and hints from insiders, the public is being prepared for official announcements regarding extraterrestrial visitation”.

Victor Viggiani was referred to “the senior strategic adviser” to the organisation.

The article quoted a statement by “The Disclosure Activists” that ended by saying: "Disclosure is imminent”.
www.express.co.uk...

edit on 20-5-2020 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

link   

2019 - Stephen Bassett

On 24 December 2019, the Daily Star (a British tabloid newspaper) published an article entitled “Alien and UFO phenomena will get ‘full disclosure in 2020 if Donald Trump goes’”.
The article quoting Stephen Bassett as stating “Disclosure is getting very close”.
www.dailystar.co.uk...

link   

Postscript

“All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again.”

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Holy crap, that's a lot of failed prophesies and dashed hopes.
Nice work putting them all together.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I wonder, with your extensive research, do you feel as though we will never have "True" disclosure?

Wonderful, but a bit disheartening, thread.
So much info to go through.
Thank you,

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Answered your own question. There will never be formal full disclosure by the govt. There is no incentive to do so.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I wonder, with your extensive research, do you feel as though we will never have "True" disclosure?

Well, I certainly think that there is more to be "disclosed" (with a little "d"). There is a considerable volume of further official documentation directly and indirectly relating to "UFOs" produced by government officials in various countries which isn't yet online. I don't think most people have any idea of the potential volume of further documentation.

But I think this thread shows the need for caution when hoping for any "Disclosure" (with a capital "D") - particularly if that possibility is being promoted by someone that is seeking your money or when they are relying upon perceived patterns that have previously proven to be unrealiable indicators of forthcoming "Disclosure".

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Wow - great posting - excellent montage through the years (and what cool cover art on those old books and mags!!)
Just when I'm ready to give up on ATS (politics and mean snarky discourse) - so thank you for gathering this material and sharing it.
To the topic, "Disclosure" or "disclosure" .... It will have to go beyond any government's manipulation. Perhaps the perpetrators of the phenomena themselves want to keep the masses in the dark. Who the heck knows?
Thousands of anecdotal experiences of a phenomena that doesn't fit into the established view of "reality". Alleged UFO crash material (physical evidence) denied, covered up, taken away.
Something has been happening for a long time.
I'd sure love to know the truth, in my lifetime.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If you know something exists, why do you need the government to tell you it is true?

Disclosure is so weird.

Every time a new species is discovered, do you need the government to tell you it’s true?

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
well done sir Issac as per usual! Now give me a couple of weeks to go through all of your info sir! Wow.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Wow was a fantastic read.

It wouldn't matter if we all stormed the Pentagon or Area 51. Disclosure will not not happen because those with this knowledge hold power over everyone else.
Unless it is a benefit to them, nothing will get released any time soon.

The knowledge has to get passed down to a new group. No idea who or how that happens but it must do.

People have wanted disclosure for years. People have spent thier whole lives searching without success. Many have died in that search.

Sadly, it isn't coming any time soon.

I want it to happen but I can't see it.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
We just got a new contractor. Maybe you've heard of them. TTSA. Two weeks. For sure.

edit on 5/20/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The US government has repeatedly - over the last 70 years or so - said that they don't know what UFOs/UAPs are (hence the "U"), but after some investigation they don't appear to be either a threat or aliens from space. That's what they have disclosed.

If it's only disclosure when they say what you already believe, then you're not really looking for disclosure you're looking for confirmation.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Thanks for all this, Mr. Koi!

Whether or not the aliens are here, the government isn't in the business of informing people. They will never disclose, and if they do, then there is some other game being played.

That said, I think there is a possibility that life will be found on one of the often discovered exoplanets within the next few years. Not necessarily an intelligent space faring civilization, perhaps just plants and things. Even plants would be a significant discovery, and could be disruptive to certain people. So I think recent things like the DeLong Show, the resurgence of Bob Lazar (appearing on the self proclaimed skeptic Joe Rogan's podcast), among others, could be government backed soft disclosure. But not because they are here, rather because we will find them there.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Awesome work here Isaac!

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
X Files Patient X
Fox Mulder

I don't think you understand. There's just too much evidence that it's all been a lie. The conspiracy is not to hide the existence of extraterrestrials. It's to make people believe in it so completely that they question nothing.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
amazing thread must have taken ages to put together

it prooves that almost everything out there today is recycled stories, nothing new at all!

zero tangible evidence, everything is just hearsay or third party accounts or blurry videos of lights!

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Fantastic thread; kudos for drawing all of this information into a single post.

After listening to lots of interviews and talks from ufologists, one of the questions commonly touched on is "why doesn't the government just get disclosure OVER with, and be done with it?"

The rationale I hear most often cited is that individual members of the government, military, politicians, high level intelligence officials, simply don't want to be bothered with the uncertainty and potential flux from society's reaction to receiving this information. They want to complete their careers, retire, and pass on "hard issues" like this to their successors, so they can enjoy the remainder of their lives without the potential for breakdown in the conventional institutions (religion, government, education) that hold society together.

Seems a bit self-centered, and perhaps it's just a cover story, but this is definitely a common thread I've encountered in exploring the issue of disclosure.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Well, I certainly think that there is more to be "disclosed" (with a little "d"). There is a considerable volume of further official documentation directly and indirectly relating to "UFOs" produced by government officials in various countries which isn't yet online. I don't think most people have any idea of the potential volume of further documentation.

But I think this thread shows the need for caution when hoping for any "Disclosure" (with a capital "D") - particularly if that possibility is being promoted by someone that is seeking your money or when they are relying upon perceived patterns that have previously proven to be unrealiable indicators of forthcoming "Disclosure".
Great thread Isaac!

Ever hear of a branch of the Defence Intelligence Staff called DI55 which had an interest in UFOs and was involved in top secret studies of aerodynamic missiles and satellites?

I found an interesting post by David Clarke saying he "eventually discovered the ‘truth’ about what DI55 knew about UFOs." though I'm not quite sure what to make of him putting "truth" in quotes unless it's because it's not the "big D" people want. The 1995 memo he found was released by The National Archives in 2017 and basically says if they told people the truth, people wouldn't believe it. I made a thread about that:

Is this what UFO disclosure looks like?

If there's truth to that, I tend to agree many people wouldn't believe it, and it's certainly not the disclosure many UFO enthusiasts are looking for.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join