It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin is going through the worst social experiment ever

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
www.tmj4.com...

Wisconsin Supreme Court strikes down Gov. Tony Evers' Safer at Home order

Y'all it's crazy over here.
The state seems pretty equally divided on stay at home vs open up.
Now that the supreme court says open, some counties are enacting their own safer at home measures.

The other thing nobody seemed to take into account is that schools have said they are online for the rest of the year. So where does that leave
parents that have to go back to work? Many have not used a "sitter" or daycare because they worked while children were at school.
On top of that there have been reports of attempted child abductions.

Wisconsin is a huge bar/tavern state. This could be very bad in terms of contagiousness.

I guess we'll see what happens!

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

www.channel3000.com...

Dane Co. health officials enact county-wide ‘safer at home’ order following WI Supreme Court decision

This is one of the hotspots in our state.

+1 more 
posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Stay-at-Home == Go-Bankrupt 😎🚬

+13 more 
posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
why mention contagiousness?

its simple, if you are scared, you stay home. thats your right.

if you want to venture forth, live life, and ignore proppaganda, you go out.

its simple. if you are 'home' 'safe' and never leave, like they dictate, why do you care who goes to a bar?

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That's what happens when you allow one unelected official to make unreasonable rules instead of following the legal process.

The same thing is going on in MIchigan where Whitmer is attempting to cut her legislature entirely out of the process. Since she's elected, she has a little more weight that Ever's Health Official did.

pjmedia.com...

On Wednesday, the Wisconsin Supreme Court struck down a stay-at-home order issued by Department of Health Services Secretary-designate Andrea Palm in order to slow the spread of the coronavirus. While the court did not challenge the Emergency Declaration issued by Gov. Tony Evers (D-Wisc.), it ruled that Palm violated state law by not following proper rulemaking procedures that allow the Republican-dominated legislature some say in the issuing of such orders.

But let's get real here.

It's not like parents all over have been having it easy. What have essential worker parents been doing all this time with their kids out of school?

And what happens if some kids go to some kind of weird hybrid plan in the fall when parents are expected to be back onsite? Can you tell your employer, "Sorry, I can only work MWF and then T/TH because the schools are doing odd/even day plans with distance learning every other day"? And yes, that's a proposal being chucked about where I am.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But let's get real here.

It's not like parents all over have been having it easy. What have essential worker parents been doing all this time with their kids out of school?

Many essential workers have been having family (that were staying at home due to the order) watch/babysit their kids.
Since the order is lifted they now might be going to work.
I just think it is a very important detail that has been neglected, at least until mid June.

And what happens if some kids go to some kind of weird hybrid plan in the fall when parents are expected to be back onsite? Can you tell your employer, "Sorry, I can only work MWF and then T/TH because the schools are doing odd/even day plans with distance learning every other day"? And yes, that's a proposal being chucked about where I am.

Yes, that is being proposed here also.

edit on 13-5-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Scared no, concerned YES. When even the White House can't keep this out, that is a little concerning.

www.usatoday.com...

White House adopts new safety precautions as coronavirus moves closer to Trump's inner circle...........“It is scary to go to work,” Kevin Hassett, one of Trump’s top economic advisers, said Sunday during an interview on CBS’s Face the Nation.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: dantanna

Scared no, concerned YES. When even the White House can't keep this out, that is a little concerning.

Ummmmm, why blame the WH? Do you not have states rights?

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I think many businesses are going to go bankrupt, opened or closed.

Many people will still not go out. I bring that up not to say that is is right or wrong.
I bring that up to show that many people do not trust what they are being told, many people do not
trust the government, local or nationally.

That is the problem.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Bankruptcy ?

That depends for the dairy farmers .

Think about it, if sour cream reaches its expiration date .

Is it good again ? 🤔
edit on 13-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I think many businesses are going to go bankrupt, opened or closed.

Many people will still not go out. I bring that up not to say that is is right or wrong.
I bring that up to show that many people do not trust what they are being told, many people do not
trust the government, local or nationally.

That is the problem.

I think you hit the nail right on the head! In the local area where I live, on social media, the majority of people are stating that if they lift the safer at home thing early, they are planning to wait and see. Things will be chaos with individual counties either extending the state’s order or doing something else. Dane County is liberal, as are the counties surrounding Milwaukee. The rest of Wisconsin is conservative. I predict everything in my county will be open by the end of the week. It will be interesting, that’s for sure. Oh, isn’t that a curse? “May you live in interesting times.”

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

the majority of people are stating that if they lift the safer at home thing early, they are planning to wait and see.

Right after the ruling, I saw some local small businesses say on FB they are not sure if they are going to open right away...
I found that very interesting.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna

if you want to venture forth, live life, and ignore proppaganda, you go out.

its simple. if you are 'home' 'safe' and never leave, like they dictate, why do you care who goes to a bar?

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Interesting? No.

It's the truth and always has been. Just because people can go out and just because businesses can open has never meant they all will, but all of you who have been so scared to face that idea of the lockdowns ending have been predicting exactly that and then demanding government force us all to stay inside to protect us against your nightmares.

You've been terrifying yourselves that people will bumrush to get out and everything will open and it would all create one giant germfest orgy and everyone would drop over dead - Apocalypse!

Guess you were all wrong.
edit on 13-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Bankruptcy ?

That depends for the dairy farmers .

Think about it, if sour cream reaches its expiration date .

Is it good again ? 🤔

Do you really throw out your sour cream if it is past the expiration date?
If that snip doesn't have anything blue growing in it, it is good to go. Trust me, haven't got sick yet and I have eaten sour cream weeks after the expiration date. We would be much healthier in this country if we stopped the government for requiring most of our food we eat to be sterilized!

Stop wasting food because some Karen put a date on it. Your body will thank you for toughening it up.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Trump has done it more than a few times.

It's part of Americana. Not really a big deal.

Go to work == death.

No one has come back from that....yet.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

People can choose to stay at home. Many are retirees, who only go out in the early morning when stores first open. Several chains have "Senior Hours". Costco here is 7am to 9am. Seniors only. Nice and sanitized. Shelves fully stocked.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

Go to work == death.

I've gone to work every day since this started. I go to the gas station, grocery store, everywhere I went before the panic .

Still not dead.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

There's quite a few people heading in to work every day that are either quite lively zombies or not dead from working through this. So you're in good company.

My local coffee shop guys seem to be doing fine, and with most Starbucks closed up, they've got quite the line at their drive-up most mornings.

posted on May, 13 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: ErEhWoN

Go to work == death.

I've gone to work every day since this started. I go to the gas station, grocery store, everywhere I went before the panic .

Still not dead.

You can bet your ass the Russian bot you replied to is living large while trying to belittle and keep you and I locked down with their cult like superior morality.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join