It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin is going through the worst social experiment ever

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm witnessing two economies today.

The one online, and the one not.

The one online, is actually hiring NEW employees for,

The ones not, aren't even open or aren't at 100% capacity.

What do you think will be the outcome of all this?

A ready player one world, we're just in the infancy stages of it all, everything will soon have a digital component, effectively being in two worlds at once. Reality and Digital reality.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I'm pretty sure we are short, mid and long-term boned.

That's a good way to put it. Not sure either if "back" is a great place to be. Maybe just someplace folks are able to do for themselves.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

What do you think will be the outcome of all this?

A job offer was dropped in my lap, in the middle of a pandemic, while I WASN'T looking for one.
Yes, I agree with you 100%

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

SAME! it's all kinds of wild,

I think it's the changing of the old marketing world, to the digital marketing world.
They've been fighting for relevance for a while now, and this whole issue, kinda just highlighted the more profitable medium.

Streaming was already hitting hard, but now with reduced capacity businesses, doesn't matter who word of mouth is, or what location is where, traffic is only guaranteed online now.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: xuenchen
Stay-at-Home == Go-Bankrupt 😎🚬

I think many businesses are going to go bankrupt, opened or closed.

Many people will still not go out. I bring that up not to say that is is right or wrong.
I bring that up to show that many people do not trust what they are being told, many people do not
trust the government, local or nationally.

That is the problem.

I have seen this said several times. Maybe because I live in a small town, but in my area the places that have opened have been packed, I mean way busier than normal. I don't think people are gonna just stay home in smaller areas at all, so i don't think we can blanket statement the country. If we all stayed home all middle class or below would be bankrupt once the government stop handing out money. I think what you are saying about people not trusting the government and i will add media, will have the opposite effect as people go on with their lives, despite what the media is telling us. Don't know how this will end up and worry about the winter, but for now I think it's best we salvage what we can instead of waiting any longer on a solution that has not been offered.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

I saw that in BRF. Amazing. Like there is a shortage of alcohol in Wisconsin other than a tavern. Yet...

I still can't get a haircut.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY
a reply to: litterbaux

I saw that in BRF. Amazing. Like there is a shortage of alcohol in Wisconsin other than a tavern. Yet...

I still can't get a haircut.

The salon I go to said they are not opening yet.
One of my favorite restaurants said they will not open fully yet, they will still do curbside.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You changed my whole position on dairy products .

If blue mold is good enough for cheese it’s good enough for sour cream !

Support our dairy farmers .

But I draw the line at supporting our cows .

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Im going to catch flak for this but I'm fed up with this crap. Open the whole country up now with the exception of the hottest of hot spots and let nature do its thing. This virus has a very low mortality rate. We need to build a herd immunity to it.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Child care the TRUE cost of sexual equality .
Let me say i am 54 my wife was a house wife up till the kids were old enough to look after them self .
MY son well he has a house wife as well But he did try switching jobs once .
Needless to say I am glade his wife was happy either working or being a house wife or a job because my son SUCKED as a house wife lolol .
Me well yes I could have switched with my wife But it was what it was .
The point here is NON of this was a question 50 years agaio Equality and both parents working this THE true cause of latch key kids and the massive rise in young kids having legal issues drugs issues and yes sex issues .
MOM Dad ? No mom NO dad BOTH work Both are to tired to do the job of rising a child .

The worse social exparment was Forcing BOTH parents into the work place and the Real problem with a house dad is women's expectations of men HAVE not changed they still expect the man to be doing the lions share of the Financial support .

Thing is Its the lady lions who do the main per of supporting in the real world lol
BOTH parents working is the fastest way to destroy a society just look around as Young people have NO clue as NO oen is teaching any thing beyond math writing spelling

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: jtma508

Because people are ignorant and people are selfish. There is no United States anymore. It's simply a mob that lives between Canada and Mexico.

The state of Georgia was criticized for violating the guidelines and opening too fast.

143 Covid-19 deaths per million people in Georgia, since Feb, isn't bad at all.

Wisconsin's Covid-19 death rate is even lower.

Source: www.worldometers.info...

Bumping this comment so people have a chance to see it and let it sink in. Opening back up ain't the end of the world.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

www.latimes.com...

Opinion: Georgia’s coronavirus data made reopening look safe. The numbers were a lie

Thanks to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, we now know things did indeed look too good to be true. Georgia’s coronavirus numbers looked so rosy because officials misrepresented the data in such a way it’s difficult to believe it wasn’t done on purpose.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Oh so the hell what? Of course there's going to be a minor spike, anyone with two brain cells to rub together can see that much. The prediction was that reopening ANYWHERE was going to kick the pandemic into overdrive, but it did not do that. Kinda like how all the protesting here in MI was going to spike the living crap out of the numbers, if you're actually stupid enough to believe Governor Dipwhit. Neither roaring caseload prediction has come to pass. It's time to acknowledge it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join