It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus Survivors Banned From Joining The Military

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Makes you wonder what they know that we don't know. Why would someone be permanently banned from enlistment if they ever had Covid-19?

Something is not right and I believe there is much more going on with this virus than they are letting on.

www.militarytimes.com...

“During the medical history interview or examination, a history of COVID-19, confirmed by either a laboratory test or a clinician diagnosis, is permanently disqualifying

Maxwell declined to explain why a coronavirus diagnosis would be permanently disqualifying, compared to other viral, non-chronic illnesses that do not preclude military service.

However, given the limited research on COVID-19, there are likely a few factors that military medical professionals are trying to hash out when it comes to recruiting survivors: Whether respiratory damage from the virus is long-lasting or permanent, and whether that can be assessed; the likelihood of recurring flare-ups, even if someone has had two consecutive negative tests; and the possibility that one bout of COVID-19 might not provide full immunity for the future, and could potentially leave someone at a higher risk to contract it again, perhaps with worse complications.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What was that quote from MIB,

Something about humans as an indivudual they are rational, objective and intelligent...

But in a group they are a bunch of retarded morons screaming at the sky and facilitating their own destruction.

Fear is easy, anyone can live in fear. It's much harder to stand up and "face" the music.

I just wish this whole thing could have been zombies, so much easier(to identify the threat) and so much more fun. I never liked the whole virus/radiation aspect of an apocalypse.

+19 more 
posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
So, what do they do when there is about 80% to 90% of the population that has had it?

Will the military be totally automated by using robots by then?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
So, what do they do when there is about 80% to 90% of the population that has had it?

Will the military be totally automated by using robots by then?

Good point, if the whole of the US was tested, you'd fall into one of two categories.

The majority(vast, likely) that tests positive with no symptoms or antibodies or the minority that somehow in the last several months has managed to stay out of contact with everyone, not to mention most animals and most fruits(that they seem to be testing for some reason).

I really shouldn't be so surprised. Humans are stupid, very stupid.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
With the economy tanked and countries vulnerable, America will ramp up the war machine for a quick buck.

Claim to be trans or Covid+, I don't want to be drafted.

Everyone on Earth should be banned from the military.

Then all we have left to fight is space rocks and robots... maybe aliens but I dont want to be racist.

Can't be racist towards robots because you can't be racist towards screws.

Cyborgs on the other hand...

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I was a recruiter. There is no way, that the military would disqualify 95% of the population. None.

They may disqualify those put on ventilators. That makes more sense. If the China-flu put you on a ventilator, you probably will not pass a military physical...

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Radiation from an atomic war would not have lasted this long. The radiation that will kill you dissipates through fission in a month or two. If you survive the blasts and live isolated from the radiation for a couple of months, you will be fine. We would be rebuilding by now.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
I was a recruiter. There is no way, that the military would disqualify 95% of the population. None.

They may disqualify those put on ventilators. That makes more sense. If the China-flu put you on a ventilator, you probably will not pass a military physical...

It does seem like it would be used as another "line item" to just point to some worthless ass and say....

You're out, because of covid.

It's just another bit of kit in the toolbox to get rid of the liabilities.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Radiation from an atomic war would not have lasted this long. The radiation that will kill you dissipates through fission in a month or two. If you survive the blasts and live isolated from the radiation for a couple of months, you will be fine. We would be rebuilding by now.

There would be a few highly localized hot spots, the point being they are "invisible". Which is no fun or not fair.

When it comes to the end of the world fun happy time game. Virus' are always at the tail end.

This really isn't the end of the world I signed up for.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This is grossly incorrect. Radioactive fallout will last predominantly 1-5 years, with some isotypes lasting much longer, up to 30 years.

www.epa.gov...

Also, consider that it is the nuclear winter aspect that is the most dangerous to humanity on a whole and individual level.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

a reply to whoever said radiation is gone in months.

edit on 6-5-2020 by hombero because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

There would be a few highly localized hot spots, the point being they are "invisible". Which is no fun or not fair.

When it comes to the end of the world fun happy time game. Virus' are always at the tail end.

This really isn't the end of the world I signed up for.

Im waiting for the virus to piggyback with Rabies.. and then zombies. I fully intend on looting museums and ruling the zombie apocalypse wastelands.. and wear a tiara and stuff. Not just slow die offs and a few oopsie nukes... thats dumb.

link   

It does seem like it would be used as another "line item" to just point to some worthless ass and say....

I'm retired. 20+ years in the Air Force.

I was a liability (as you call it) when I returned from Desert Storm. Why? Possible pathogens.

I still cannot give blood... and my blood type is rare. Why? Possible pathogens from 29 freaking years ago.

Yet, I was allowed to retire.

So, no... getting a viral infection will NOT disqualify anyone from military service, unless the reaction was severe and required hospitalization.

ETA: Maybe, one day... if I have had a bit to drink... I can spill the beans on how military recruitment really works...

edit on 6-5-2020 by madmac5150 because: Why not

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I think that the animal and the fruit were given names and birthdays, sent the test and came back positive to show that the tests are not reliable.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

"There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT!"

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Invisible? Don't you have a Geiger counter? I have one that can run on batteries or usb power bank. I also have a small tracked robot to carry it. Better to have it and not need it than to not have it and really need it to survive.

I also carry a dosimeter card in my wallet. It will indicate when to go to the hospital or don’t bother, you are already beyond treatment.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Do you have a Geiger counter?

"Mine is in the shop."

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Invisible? Don't you have a Geiger counter? I have one that can run on batteries or usb power bank. I also have a small tracked robot to carry it. Better to have it and not need it than to not have it and really need it to survive.

I also carry a dosimeter card in my wallet. It will indicate when to go to the hospital or don’t bother, you are already beyond treatment.

I do have a counter, I've spent a fair number of hours in the russian simulator that is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.....once again. Anyone waiting on the end of the world would never chose the virus option.

To quote Indiana "Snakes(virus), Why did it have to be snakes....."

I want my damn zombies FFS. I guess it's my fault, assuming the end of the world would have been so simple.
edit on 6-5-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I'm retired. 20+ years in the Air Force.

I was a liability (as you call it) when I returned from Desert Storm. Why? Possible pathogens.

I still cannot give blood... and my blood type is rare. Why? Possible pathogens from 29 freaking years ago.

Yet, I was allowed to retire.

So, no... getting a viral infection will NOT disqualify anyone from military service, unless the reaction was severe and required hospitalization.

Yep. We call that Sand Herpes for short. There was supposed to be several nasties that were common in the desert and in those conditions. Some serious nasty gut bugs and if 1 person has it, you can lay money on several having it before you can stop it.

Husband has scarred lungs and etc from inhaling burning crap in a desert. WHen he first came back he could still cough in a tissue and it would be black after his first tour. After his second or third.. he had some strange bugs and the weakened lungs didnt help.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I do agree that a virus or disease is the worst possible disaster. Can't really plan for or fight something you can't detect until you have it already.

I bought my Geiger counter a few years ago. I was working around medical waste and thought it would be better to know if someone threw the wrong thing in the biohazard bin instead of into the radioactive waste.

Made in Russia. I think it cost $125 or so on eBay.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I do agree that a virus or disease is the worst possible disaster. Can't really plan for or fight something you can't detect until you have it already.

I bought my Geiger counter a few years ago. I was working around medical waste and thought it would be better to know if someone threw the wrong thing in the biohazard bin instead of into the radioactive waste.

Made in Russia. I think it cost $125 or so on eBay.

I bought mine to test a vehicle import I purchased from Japan right around(about a year after) the fukishima disaster.

It's decent enough, but the importance is baseline readings vs later readings.

Either way, it was a couple hundred bucks and I'm happy to have it. Still prefer the zombies though....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join