It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus Survivors Banned From Joining The Military

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030

I was a recruiter. There is no way, that the military would disqualify 95% of the population. None.

They may disqualify those put on ventilators. That makes more sense. If the China-flu put you on a ventilator, you probably will not pass a military physical...

It does seem like it would be used as another "line item" to just point to some worthless ass and say....

You're out, because of covid.

It's just another bit of kit in the toolbox to get rid of the liabilities.

I'm retired. 20+ years in the Air Force.

I was a liability (as you call it) when I returned from Desert Storm. Why? Possible pathogens.

I still cannot give blood... and my blood type is rare. Why? Possible pathogens from 29 freaking years ago.

Yet, I was allowed to retire.

So, no... getting a viral infection will NOT disqualify anyone from military service, unless the reaction was severe and required hospitalization.

Hey, if you're buying I'm surely drinking....

But my point was it's just another excuse and a mandate to point to when someone is incompatible whether or not they meet the item in question. In a year, or less, just about any "test" would be positive for some degree of the mighty covid.

It's just a precursor to nullify any legal action.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
What about the sailors on the USS Theodore Rosevelt? Will they finish their enlistments?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

I am sorry that you are misinformed. The most dangerous radioactive material from an atomic or hydrogen bomb is mostly gone in 48 hours. A Geiger counter is to avoid remaining hot spots.

I actually went out today and purchased some radioactive material at the grocery store. I bought some bananas. Yes, they are radioactive. All bananas are. It is part of the potassium.

Edit: I measured a banana. I have a background of 0.08 microSieverts per hour and the bananas are 0.18 microSieverts per hour. That is just over double the background radiation. In order to protect the surrounding environment form this radiation, I ate the banana.

edit on 5 7 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I was a recruiter. There is no way, that the military would disqualify 95% of the population. None.

They may disqualify those put on ventilators. That makes more sense. If the China-flu put you on a ventilator, you probably will not pass a military physical...

It does seem like it would be used as another "line item" to just point to some worthless ass and say....

I was a liability (as you call it) when I returned from Desert Storm. Why? Possible pathogens.

I still cannot give blood... and my blood type is rare. Why? Possible pathogens from 29 freaking years ago.

So, no... getting a viral infection will NOT disqualify anyone from military service, unless the reaction was severe and required hospitalization.

Hey, if you're buying I'm surely drinking....

But my point was it's just another excuse and a mandate to point to when someone is incompatible whether or not they meet the item in question. In a year, or less, just about any "test" would be positive for some degree of the mighty covid.

It's just a precursor to nullify any legal action.

I retired when I was diagnosed with M.S. I planned to retire at 24 years... that didn't work out. I retired at 21 years instead.

To the credit of the Air Force, after my diagnosis they designated a handicap parking spot for me at work... that may not sound like much, but it really was 10 years ago.

I have no regrets. I would do it all again...
edit on 7-5-2020 by madmac5150 because: MS still sucks

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Do you have a Geiger counter?

"Mine is in the shop."

Yeah, I know that quote. LOLOL! Good one.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
In order to protect the surrounding environment form this radiation, I ate the banana.

I burst out laughing over this. Thanks.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I retired when I was diagnosed with M.S. I planned to retire at 24 years... that didn't work out. I retired at 21 years instead.

To the credit of the Air Force, after my diagnosis they designated a handicap parking spot for me at work... that may not sound like much, but it really was 10 years ago.

I have no regrets. I would do it all again...

My husband was a USAF CMSgt. When they refused to send him, he retired and went as a contractor. He still donated blood up until this COVID-19 thing. Hmmm.... did he not get the memo or were you guys in different arenas, I wonder.

I'm sorry to hear about the MS diagnosis. And I'm glad about the parking spot. People who would dismiss it don't get what it's like to be dealing with health issues and have to park in the North 40 and walk a mile into the building. (I worked on a base too, GS-12 in IT.)
edit on 7-5-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Boston Dynamics be like

but yeah, that does suck if true. doubt it will stand the test of time overall though, as others have speculated, probably just a knee-jerk reaction for the short-term.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
TBH, this has me more concerned than all the other hinky strangeness surrounding CV19.

What do they know? We should demand answers.

Is existing military vaccinated already?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
www.nbcnews.com...

The memo also says that an applicant who may have had the coronavirus but has not had official confirmation via diagnosis or a test may be eligible to sign up for the military after a two-week wait

Does this make sense?

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yes and no.

Yes, in that they can ask questions like, "have you had a dry cough, fever" and then tell them to wait two weeks. They still have to bring in X number of people, so it can't be cut too short.

No, if you consider asymptomatic carriers, the GI presentation of SARS-COV-2 (will they ask that question, because it's getting pretty short shrift in MSM), or the fact that two weeks may not be long enough.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
My understanding is it can be re-triggered somehow and what happens then they don't know. That's above my pay grade.

Friend in the Army dropped that on me. Whatever it is they reactivated him backed dated his paperwork nearly a year and promoted to full Bird (I think) in less than a month. 2 More years out in the middle of nowhere in the woods. All I know.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Due to the outrage and uproar over that military announcement, they have now updated the guidance to discredit only those previously hospitalized with Coronavirus.

Updat ed guidance allows unhospitalized C-19 survivors

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Makes you wonder what they know that we don't know. Why would someone be permanently banned from enlistment if they ever had Covid-19?

Something is not right and I believe there is much more going on with this virus than they are letting on.

I'm sure it is just a temporary measure. They will have to remove the restriction once it becomes clear that, like the flu, everyone will eventually be exposed.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Alternatively, they want to start moving to non-human combatants that cant say "no."

Doing it under the auspices of a virus, when many have been programmed to see everything within the context of said virus and addiction to extreme emotional states, is absolutely an effective move if that is the case.

They get to move over to robotics and automation, and it also serves to reinforce the existing narratives in the general public. Id suspect they will call much of what they are working on "AI," but a true AI also runs the risk of saying "no," so I would expect it to be avoided.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

ETA: Maybe, one day... if I have had a bit to drink... I can spill the beans on how military recruitment really works...

i'd say you're a liability to the human species now sprouting off such inane twaddle as " China flu " ! Tucker fanboy much ?

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

. . . . . First they came for the Covid-positives. . .

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: fotsyfots

i'd say you're a liability to the human species now sprouting off such inane twaddle as " China flu " ! Tucker fanboy much ?

Buddy, you're the liability with such unnecessary rudeness to that poster.

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Here's a CT brain fart ...

Exclude anybody with a history of Chinese/CCP flu from entering military service.

A few years down the road, the US armed services are decimated.

Call on the UN to supply soldiers in the face of the shortage of "viable" US service personal

Stack the army with UN blues who don't mind firing on US citizens.

BOOYA!

posted on May, 8 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have mentioned this on other threads.

IS IT A TIME BOMB VIRUS?

Are we unknowingly going to have more sever symptoms months or a year or two from now?

Zombies?
Sterility?
(Check out the plot to Inferno by Dan Brown...)

It was also mentioned in another thread that it affects 2 parts of the brain...where is that evidence?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join