It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New leaked video of black jogger gunned down by a white father and son duo

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Just so I'm clear. In my suburban neighborhood cars tend to get rifled through occasionally by teenagers. If I am dumb enough to leave something of value in my unlocked vehicle and it's stolen and at some point I see a teenager that maybe I think was responsible, I can get a gun, ask my son to get his gun and have a third person with a gun drive up to the kid, block his way more than once and question him with guns out? I mean of course having 3 people approach you with guns isn't threatening in any way right? I would of course not expect the person to be threatened in any way. I just want to ask questions because it's my right to assume the worst? Which is why I need multiple guns out, and I mean the police were called but they were dumb founded because the caller could not say the person had done anything wrong after being asked multiple times. So I take it upon myself to save the neighborhood from this intruder. Yes I know this was an adult, but just referenced it to my neighborhood. Just wanna be clear this is considered acceptable behavior?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
What happened to skeptic cause its a lot filth on this forum now.

Good thing who ever came forward with the video did so.

Agreed... It shows the man with the gun being attacked.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Thankfully in other civilised societys self defense should be "using reasonable force" either you guys are scared of the jogger in a fist fight or you believe a shotgun is reasonable force

ATS continues to show its true colours.

So guy with shotgun was snip scared and pissed his pants for his life and cowardly shot the "unarmed attacker", thought you guys were tough, it would seem only as tough as the gauge of your gun....sad really sad

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

That's the first thing I looked for, was whether the guy was shot in the back or not. Then I saw the video of the jogger pinching the guy with the gun and that pretty much sealed the deal.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Indeed she did... I've learned in this thread that other opinions on the matter are racist and causes others to bow out.

We know absolutely nothing, outside of their word of mouth, that happened other than the jogger attacking the man with the gun.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

We don't know if they blocked him in. All we know about is the call and the video of the man getting attacked by the jogger.

We all have our opinions, just remember that everything else besides the aforementioned is nothing but hearsay.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
Thankfully in other civilised societys self defense should be "using reasonable force" either you guys are scared of the jogger in a fist fight or you believe a shotgun is reasonable force

So guy with shotgun was snip scared and pissed his pants for his life and cowardly shot the "unarmed attacker", thought you guys were tough, it would seem only as tough as the gauge of your gun....sad really sad

Who knows. Certainly not either of us. You're projecting.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Having watched just the video none of it makes any sense. Aside from the guys apparently blocking the road with their vehicle and carrying guns... They keep describing him as a "jogger". Why would he attack someone with a gun?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Bloodworth
That's not illegal...why did the jogger attack a man with a gun.

Wrong, brandishing a firearm in Georgia is still illegal.

No open carry?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Wasnt the shooter and old man? You want him to have the mentality to fist fight someone crazy enough to run to the other side of the truck and attack someone with a gun?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

Wasnt the shooter and old man? You want him to have the mentality to fist fight someone crazy enough to run to the other side of the truck and attack someone with a gun?

Sigh...For the umpteeth time, lol. You folks really need to read up on the case before commenting.

Two men in front truck = Father (64) and son (30s)
Son = shooter
BOTH ARMED

Person using phone to record = 3rd armed miscreant

Total of 3 armed vigilantes chasing unarmed jogger

Hope that clears things up.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It didn't take long for sellout Lebron James to comment about this "were being hunted down".

It was a stupid idea for them to use a shotgun to try and detain someone. Now they will have to deal with the consequences.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I gave two options perhaps you can enlighten me with the third?

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Having watched just the video none of it makes any sense. Aside from the guys apparently blocking the road with their vehicle and carrying guns... They keep describing him as a "jogger". Why would he attack someone with a gun?

So if 2 assholes with guns, who are not the police try to corral you..you're just going to play dead?

Fight or flight seems more like what "would" happen..and what do you know, THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED!

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I was thinking same thing, fight or flight. Three guys points guns at you, chasing you vehicles, it's not so simple as, "just stop and politely answer all of their questions". Most people would run for their lives, or try to fight to escape.

And someone correct me if I am wrong, but they were not making a citizen's arrest. That is only for felonies. Running down a street isnt a felony. They couldnt even tell the 911 operator what the dead man did wrong.

No burglaries were reported since what, 2001? Some in the thread earlier said, oh well they happened, but they just decided to keep it a secret from the police and not report it. Well then, you cant complain about it if you dont report it.

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: curme
a reply to: vonclod

I was thinking same thing, fight or flight. Three guys points guns at you, chasing you vehicles, it's not so simple as, "just stop and politely answer all of their questions". Most people would run for their lives, or try to fight to escape.

And someone correct me if I am wrong, but they were not making a citizen's arrest. That is only for felonies. Running down a street isnt a felony. They couldnt even tell the 911 operator what the dead man did wrong.

No burglaries were reported since what, 2001? Some in the thread earlier said, oh well they happened, but they just decided to keep it a secret from the police and not report it. Well then, you cant complain about it if you dont report it.

Ya, the idiot who left his gun on the front seat of his unlocked car, did not report it..wonder why.

edit on 7-5-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

i posted the citizens arrest criteria for the state of GA earlier law.justia.com...

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.
so per GA law it is legal probably more so for a former law enforcement officer ,and considering the 2nd vehicle filming was also after him seems he was destined to have some kind of interaction either way(we know nothing about 2nd Filmer at all )

law.justia.com... procedure for how to it in GA

O.C.G.A. 17-4-61 (2010) 17-4-61. Taking of persons arrested before judicial officer or to peace officer; duty and liability of peace officer taking custody (a) A private person who makes an arrest pursuant to Code Section 17-4-60 shall, without any unnecessary delay, take the person arrested before a judicial officer, as provided in Code Section 17-4-62, or deliver the person and all effects removed from him to a peace officer of this state. (b) A peace officer who takes custody of a person arrested by a private person shall immediately proceed in accordance with Code Section 17-4-62. (c) A peace officer who in good faith and within the scope of his authority takes custody of a person arrested by a private person pursuant to this Code section shall not be liable at law for false arrest or false imprisonment arising out of the arrest.
so they even have procedures for the hand off and how it limtis liability of the officers when they show up to get such a citizen arrest suspect
law.justia.com...

O.C.G.A. 17-4-62 (2010)
17-4-62. Taking of persons arrested before judicial officer within 48 hours of arrest

In every case of an arrest without a warrant, the person arresting shall, without delay, convey the offender before the most convenient judicial officer authorized to receive an affidavit and issue a warrant as provided for in Code Section 17-4-40. No such imprisonment shall be legal beyond a reasonable time allowed for this purpose; and any person who is not brought before such judicial officer within 48 hours of arrest shall be released.
and oddly/mildly terrifyingly enough they can be held by private party individuals for up to 48 hours before being handed over assuming they were reasonable about it which seems like a really long time to just grab some one
www.georgiacriminallawyer.com...

Penalty for Burglary in Georgia Burglary is a serious crime and is one that is typically charged as a felony. However, some states do allow for it to be a misdemeanor charge, but Georgia does not permit it. A burglary charge can come with several possible penalties, and that is why it is important to have a Georgia Burglary Attorney to help you know your options. When determining a sentence for a defendant, the Court has the discretion to consider many factors. They can consider what kind of property you trespassed on (whether it was a house or an abandoned workshop), whether you had a weapon on you, the time of day, and whether you have been convicted of burglary previously. They may also consider whether you have any witness testimony supporting your character or possibly your intentions in committing burglary. Georgia Courts prefer to impose prison sentences over any other type of penalty. If this is your first time being charged with burglary and you are convicted, it will be charged as a felony and you could be imprisoned for a period anywhere in between 1 to 20 years. If you have already been convicted of burglary, then you could be imprisoned for a period between of 2 to 20 years. If you have been convicted of burglary twice already, then you will face a prison sentence of 5 to 20 years.

as the alleged crime was burglary a felony in GA they were on paper with in their rights to attempt to detain him. you may not like it but it is currently the law on the books in GA and come june it will be up to the grand jury to decide the two mens fate ,and if like their lawyer has claimed (so far with out proof as discovery phase has not been entered yet) it would go a long way in their lawyers attempts to prove their innocence ,if not they will have a much harder odds and will have to rely on proving self defense in a situation that very well could be viewed as them provoking it and like i said will be up to a grand jury of their peers

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

the shooter was an ex cop,and a former investigator to the DA office the same da that was over seeing the court case before he recused him self for the one in a neighboring county

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

per the recused da they were carrying their weapons openly not pointing them in accordance with georgia law ,the weapon was pointed when the scuffle in sued and that is when the shots were fired ,one we cant see infront of the truck then the 2nd after he took 3 hits to the face from a man 3 times younger then him roughly
www.actionnewsjax.com... 6EQ/ source for snippets

“It appears Travis McMichael, Greg McMichael and (William Bryan) were following, in ‘hot pursuit,’ a burglary suspect, with solid firsthand probable cause, in their neighborhood, and asking/telling him to stop,” Barnhill wrote. “It appears their intent was to stop and hold this criminal suspect until law enforcement arrived. Under Georgia law, this is perfectly legal.”
first snippit
same source as above

Barnhill also wrote that the McMichaels were carrying their weapons in an open fashion and that neither had felony convictions prohibiting them from owning firearms. The prosecutor described the video shot by Bryan. He accused Arbery of initiating the confrontation by attacking Travis McMichael in a fight over the shotgun he was holding. “The first shot is through Arbery’s right-hand palm, which is consistent with him grabbing and pulling the shotgun at the barrel tip,” the letter stated.
so we have legal attempt at interdiction under state law ,and legal carrying of fire arms per GA law and the prosecutor saying it looked like the deceased alleged suspect started the altercation that will play moderately well with a jury but its up to them not us random ats members to assign guilt so we have to wait tell at least june to know more

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

the shooter was an ex cop,and a former investigator to the DA office the same da that was over seeing the court case before he recused him self for the one in a neighboring county

Get it right, please.

The shooter is the younger McMichael. He has never been a cop.

The elder McMichael is an ex-cop, former investigator and has ties to the DA office, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join