It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New leaked video of black jogger gunned down by a white father and son duo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Back in February 2020, Ahmaud Arbery, 25, was jogging in the Brunswick neighborhood, Georgia when he was chased down by a father and son duo and shot dead in the middle of the street.

The killers, Gregory and Travis (trigger-man) McMichael, said they though Arbery was a burglar suspect they had been looking for. So far, neither has been charged yet and the 2 murderers are still not locked up and free to roam the streets. The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic has pushed this case to the back-burner.

The story, however, is not going away and new leaked video evidence shows far more than what the father and son had been saying that it was just "self defense because the jogger had attacked them".

Father and son killers gun down defenseless jogger

The leaked video (very disturbing and graphic) is embedded in the above article. It's down near the bottom of the page.

Statement from the attorney represent the family of the deceased
edit on 6-5-2020 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

That was NOT self defense. That was straight up murder. They had absolutely no right to turn vigilante and take the law into their own hands. You don't go out after someone with a shotgun, just because you *think* they're guilty of something. If some guy is blocking me with a gun, you bet your ass I'm gonna fight back, just like this man did.
Those 2 belong in jail.

+1 more 
posted on May, 6 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I agree. When I first heard of the senseless murder, I was just shaking with disbelief and anger. The prosecutors are turning a blind eye partly because the elder McMichael used to be in law enforcement.

Travis and his father, Gregory, 64, a retired Brunswick Judicial Circuit District Attorney investigator, had seen Arbery, who was unarmed, running in the area and armed themselves before chasing him down in a pickup truck.

Justice must be served.

+4 more 
posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
That is just plain murder.
Not much more to say than that.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Nobody has been charged yet.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I remember the good old days when they had a description for everyone

Then descriptions became racist and dog whistles

Do you think the white people went Hunting for a black person to kill?

If so, they should be punished for hunting humans. If not, then the race of the people are irrelevant.

Then it comes down to, Did both parties know each other before hand?

What was that relationship?

Was the black guy a thief?

Did the black guy steal from the white people?

If so how? By that I mean did the black guy break into the white peoples’ home?

Where they are criminals together and something happened to their criminal organization .

Jumping in the back of a pick up looking for to kill is very emotional And/or very personal.

I am guessing that their will be a connection that gets very little, or any, media coverage since the race card cannot be played

+14 more 
posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
I am guessing that their will be a connection that gets very little, or any, media coverage since the race card cannot be played

Like what? Because if unless he was in their home, attempting to break into their vehicle while they were in it, violently assaulting them or others they have no legal basis for shooting this person.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Like what? Because if unless he was in their home, attempting to break into their vehicle while they were in it, violently assaulting them or others they have no legal basis for shooting this person.

These people had no right whatsoever to take the law into their own hands. If they felt violated, then they should have simply called the cops. Why they didn't do that makes no sense and can only lead to speculation on motives. This is raw murder.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
There was a similar case a couple weeks ago in my area. A former cop stopped a break in on his property. He chased after the guy but the guy had a gun and killed the former cop. The robber had been convicted numerous times for break ins in the neighborhood.

I blame much of this on the weak legal system where repeat offenders are slapped on the wrist over and over. At some point emotions are going to take over. It's easy calling this murder but imagine getting your home broke in numerous times and you know who is doing it because you see them wearing your grandfather's antique watch or you chased after them and they got away.

Not so easy anymore if you put yourself in their shoes. I don't know what happened here but there are likely some very high emotions involved and it doesn't have anything to do with race.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Jumping in the back of a pick up looking for to kill is very emotional And/or very personal.

That's a good point.

Who fights a dude with a shotgun? Somebody points a gun at me ... I'm probably Not going to escalate the confrontation.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

A person who does that is not a leisurely jogger I know that much.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
There was a similar case a couple weeks ago in my area. A former cop stopped a break in on his property. He chased after the guy but the guy had a gun and killed the former cop. The robber had been convicted numerous times for break ins in the neighborhood.

I blame much of this on the weak legal system where repeat offenders are slapped on the wrist over and over. At some point emotions are going to take over. It's easy calling this murder but imagine getting your home broke in numerous times and you know who is doing it because you see them wearing your grandfather's antique watch or you chased after them and they got away.

Not so easy anymore if you put yourself in their shoes. I don't know what happened here but there are likely some very high emotions involved and it doesn't have anything to do with race.

I understand what you are trying to say but the two stories you are trying to compare are totally different. One involves a guy actually breaking into a home committing a crime and the other is just simply a man jogging in a neighborhood and was subsequently hunted down because he "looked like a burglar" and killed in the middle of the street.

There is no ifs ands and buts about it. Anything else is just speculation at this point. Nothing in the police report said the deceased had committed a crime.

This Georgia case has shades of the Trayvon Martin shooting.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

I felt like reading news from the 60's. Bad ones.
edit on 6-5-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Yeah. A 'casual' search for the perp's criminal history shows him to be a bigger thug than poor ol' Trayvon Martin.

Ol' Ahmoud had been caught on surveillance video breaking in to people's cars for a while and the neighborhood was done with it.

This is _exactly_ what happens when law enforcement doesn't put a stop to Repeat Offenders. The shotgunner was a 30 year veteran of Law Enforcement.

+1 for the good guys ... and the taxpayer doesn't have to pay ol' Ahmoud's room and board for five years.

Next!!

edit on 652020 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

I understand what you are trying to say but the two stories you are trying to compare are totally different. One involves a guy actually breaking into a home committing a crime and the other is just simply a man jogging in a neighborhood and was subsequently hunted down because he "looked like a burglar" and killed in the middle of the street.

There is no ifs ands and buts about it. Anything else is just speculation at this point. Nothing in the police report said the deceased had committed a crime.

This Georgia case has shades of the Trayvon Martin shooting.

We don't know if he was actually jogging. He could have been running away from committing a crime. I'm not assuming he was jogging for leisure at this point. Those don't look like jogging clothes and he could have easily ran away from the confrontation. I jog a lot and am was in the Marines. If I encounter this situation I'm running the other way or off road.

+4 more 
posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Yeah. A 'casual' search for the perp's criminal history shows him to be a bigger thug than good ol' Trayvon Martin.

Ol' Ahmoud had been caught on surveillance video breaking in to people's cars for a while and the neighborhood was done with it.

This is _exactly_ what happens when law enforcement doesn't put a stop to Repeat Offenders. The shotgunner was a 30 year veteran of Law Enforcement.

+1 for the good guys ... and the taxpayer doesn't have to pay ol' Ahmoud's room and board for five years.

Next!!

Regardless of the deceased past, it doesn't give anyone the right to take it into their own hands to gun someone down in the middle of the street. If they feel so badly about it, call the freakin cops. That's what cops are for. Give me an effin break.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I agree with you that there might be more to this story, but it's still murder.
He was no threat and they killed him right in the street.

It's either murder or vigilante justice.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
There were two confirmed robberies at the beginning of the year. One was not reported to the police and one involved one of the men chasing this man. He left his handgun in his unlocked vehicle and it was gone when he returned. There was an article stating the police were called that day about a man running in the street. When police asked if he had committed a crime numerous times, the caller said no. The caller mentioned he went through an open construction site. Again they asked if he committed a crime. The caller again said he is running in the street. Try to justify this how you want, but the video shows a murder.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

originally posted by: Snarl

Yeah. A 'casual' search for the perp's criminal history shows him to be a bigger thug than good ol' Trayvon Martin.

Next!!

Regardless of the deceased past, it doesn't give anyone the right to take it into their own hands to gun someone down in the middle of the street. If they feel so badly about it, call the freakin cops. That's what cops are for. Give me an effin break.

I'm not arguing with you but have you ever been carjacked, held at gunpoint and pistol whipped. Have you ever had your home broken into multiple times. I have encountered both those situation. It may be murder but if this guy has a history of break ins and broke into their stuff it's just not that easy to say call the cops. Maybe they have been.

At that point what are they suppose to do. Bottle up all that emotion and keep getting robbed. I don't think so. I'm not saying that is what happened but I doubt this case is as black and white as it's being made out to be. A lot more going on. I will say, if it is murder and he was a known criminal with a long track record I doubt anyone in the neighborhood is going to shed any tears over his dead body.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
For those who said there is more to the story than what we understand, I agree...

From the NY Times...

Durden is now the third prosecutor assigned to the case after the previous two recused themselves because of their professional ties to Gregory McMichael, a former investigator in the Brunswick District Attorney’s office. Before that, the senior McMichael was a cop for seven years.

One of the prosecutors who was previously assigned to the case, George E. Barnhill of the Waycross Judicial District, had advised police that there was insufficient probable cause to arrest Mr. Arbery’s pursuers, arguing that they had acted legally under the state’s citizen arrest and self-defense statutes, according to documents obtained by The New York Times.

Mr. Barnhill eventually asked to be removed from the case because his son worked in the Waycross prosecutor’s office with Mr. McMichael.

One big happy family. SMH.
edit on 6-5-2020 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join