It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New leaked video of black jogger gunned down by a white father and son duo

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The story to me describes "inevitability".

When someone steals over and over again, burglary, car prowl, etc, and nothing is done to stop it eventually leads to this possibility as an inevitable conclusion, unfortunately.

It isn't about what was justified or deserved or not deserved, it is inevitability.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
There was a similar case a couple weeks ago in my area. A former cop stopped a break in on his property. He chased after the guy but the guy had a gun and killed the former cop. The robber had been convicted numerous times for break ins in the neighborhood.

I blame much of this on the weak legal system where repeat offenders are slapped on the wrist over and over. At some point emotions are going to take over. It's easy calling this murder but imagine getting your home broke in numerous times and you know who is doing it because you see them wearing your grandfather's antique watch or you chased after them and they got away.

Not so easy anymore if you put yourself in their shoes. I don't know what happened here but there are likely some very high emotions involved and it doesn't have anything to do with race.

Any judge will chop that story up , during their search they had all the oppertunity to return the firearms to their home , or call the police.

They had plenty of time think about the consequenses during the chase.

And this was far from a self defence situation , they where armed with shotguns going after a unarmed person on a public road , not private property.

edit on 6-5-2020 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Yes in this case I believe that two white people did in fact go hunting for a black person to kill. That was premeditated judge dread style murder.

Everyone involved in attempting to cover it should be punished to the full extent of the law.
Dangerous president being set. Even if this man was a felon it dosent just wave all his rights as a human being. Just because he may have committed a crime doesn’t equate to being murdered on the spot while unarmed by a retired old little man nobody.
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Odds are if you believe this is justifiable you just might meet your own criteria for execution.
edit on 6-5-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
hot damn guys, took less than a page for the good ol boys of ats to get stuck into defending this pair of outright vigilante murderers because "what if the black guy did something bad once"

you've really outdone yourselves this time. feel like it might even be a record?
And nothing whatsoever to do with the races of the respective parties involved. of course.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
hot damn guys, took less than a page for the good ol boys of ats to get stuck into defending this pair of outright vigilante murderers because "what if the black guy did something bad once"

Surprised much?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

I feel I'm a "good ole boy".
I also said he was murdered.

Doesn't mean I don't want to hear more about the situation.

+1 more 
posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
How many black people have been gunned down by other black people? Where's the outrage on that? It seems nobody cares when that happens.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
They should be locked up for life for this.

..What they did was illegal obviously, so by their own standards (and some on here also it seems) this kids family now has complete legitimacy to go hunting them down with shotguns..because well hey they did something illegal so should be punished for it. Is this the kind of world you redneck Clint Eastwood's want?

I'm shocked not just how any human could do that regardless of what they believe he may or may not have done, but also at the complete lack of action from the authorities on this, i'm gobsmacked.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

i wouldn't say surprised, but apparently more than a decade of ats hasn't knocked the optimist out of me yet!
which is actually a very pleasant self-realisation to have literally 10 minutes before my 35th birthday, come to think of it. Glad i opened up the ol' hell portal for one last browse before bed now.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Doesn't matter what 1000 keyboard ATS warriors say or think on the topic. The court system will decide.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Why does the race of the jogger and killer matter?

Why can't it just be like it used to be when the headlines would have been "New leaked video of jogger gunned down by father and son duo"?

People have grown sick of the race baiting and headlines like this take away from the actual story.

Race baiting is sooo 2010's.

link   
a reply to: Snarl

Provide us with evidence. That he's a serial robber.

link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

you've really outdone yourselves this time. feel like it might even be a record?
And nothing whatsoever to do with the races of the respective parties involved. of course.

Just because some heavy hitter ATS veteran says something doesnt mean everyone here agrees.

Not my fault you put more value to their opinions then "rookie" ATS folks.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Exactly. Back in the early 2000's, a guy who did my grandmother's yard work ended up breaking into her house one night and went right to where she stashed her cash. He took all of it and her wallet while she slept. One of the $100 bills he took happened to be the last thing her son gave her before he died in 1999. I was livid and went around Shreveport looking for him. Had I found him I probably would have hit him with my truck to hurt him real bad. The only reason I would have done it is because taking that $100 tore my grandmother in half because of the sentimental value behind it. No other reason. The dude was black, too, but it had no bearing on why I wanted to smack him or beat the hell out of him. However, I wouldn't have killed him.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

There was a similar case a couple weeks ago in my area. A former cop stopped a break in on his property. He chased after the guy but the guy had a gun and killed the former cop. The robber had been convicted numerous times for break ins in the neighborhood.

I blame much of this on the weak legal system where repeat offenders are slapped on the wrist over and over. At some point emotions are going to take over. It's easy calling this murder but imagine getting your home broke in numerous times and you know who is doing it because you see them wearing your grandfather's antique watch or you chased after them and they got away.

Not so easy anymore if you put yourself in their shoes. I don't know what happened here but there are likely some very high emotions involved and it doesn't have anything to do with race.

I understand what you are trying to say but the two stories you are trying to compare are totally different. One involves a guy actually breaking into a home committing a crime and the other is just simply a man jogging in a neighborhood and was subsequently hunted down because he "looked like a burglar" and killed in the middle of the street.

There is no ifs ands and buts about it. Anything else is just speculation at this point. Nothing in the police report said the deceased had committed a crime.

You're also speculating that the dude was just jogging in a neighborhood. He shouldn't have been killed, I fully agree with that, but we don't know anything else. Not about the father and son, and not about the guy who went jogging and fought someone with a shotgun.
edit on 6-5-2020 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

and as always - releasing this vid - preducices any attempt at a future trial

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
First, a pet peeve.

Burglary and theft are committed against property, not robbery.

A robbery is when one or more persons use force or the threat of force to take property from another person.

Stealing a gun from an unlocked (stupid owner) vehicle is a form of burglary. You cannot "rob" car or house.

Second, absent an immediate threat to life and limb, you can't just shoot someone else and claim "self-defense".

Regardless of the deceased's past, what is depicted in the video is cold-blooded murder.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
He was a well known criminal. Court records show that Mr. Arbery was convicted of shoplifting, violating probation and took a handgun to a HS basketball game. One neighbor said she saw a black man breaking into a property that day and running down the road. The family is saying he loved to jog. What they are not saying is he also had a passion for breaking the law. It might be murder but as many have stated, a lot more to this story than just the video.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

It might be murder...

Not might, is, and potentially murder one since they went out looking for him. They aren't police, they aren't empowered to go after suspects on the street. Asshole vigilantes like them make it more difficult for legal gun owners everyday.

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Please provide the article stating someone said he broke in someplace. All of the articles I have seen stated the caller said he went through an open construction site. The 911 operator asked more than once what he did wrong and the caller had no response. Also in my suburban area I have found out many of the high school kids have shoplifted and they are the ones usually found rifling though unlocked vehicles at night. So if I see any teenager running down the block during the day I am justified in hunting them down? Also while I am pointing a gun at them and have them out numbered I should expect them to stand quietly while I decide if I am going to murder them? Seriously?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join