It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New leaked video of black jogger gunned down by a white father and son duo

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

One way out by car. On foot there’s multiple ways out. As another poster just said if you get ambushed by armed men while out jogging you jump yards, run for the trees literally.

So going onto a site where a house being built is enough to be thought of as committing a felony and being stalked by armed men and your answer is for him to escape pursuit by going through other people's yards and through their property? So would those property owners be justified to join in this manhunt by your logic?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: testing123

the thing I dont get is its not even the shooters property, so are they paid to poilce the streets as some part of neighbourhood watch, because if not why cant anyone then just chase someone down on the possibility they are a felon. if they did not witness any crime how can they have the right to stop anybody, let alone shoot them

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Im sure he knew how to swim.

Yeah? You ask him?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FellowHuman
The owner in the past mentioned things were stolen, and he called the police...

Link? The owner said he never reported the theft of his fishing gear to the police.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FellowHuman

Please site a source stating things were stolen. According to the attorney for the construction site owner.

“Nothing was ever taken from the English property,” attorney J. Elizabeth Graddy said in a statement Wednesday. She added that “Mr. English is deeply distressed by Mr. Arbery’s death.”

link

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

the thing I dont get is its not even the shooters property, so are they paid to poilce the streets as some part of neighbourhood watch, because if not why cant anyone then just chase someone down on the possibility they are a felon. if they did not witness any crime how can they have the right to stop anybody, let alone shoot them

Agreed.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I believe the law states you just need reasonable suspicion of a felony having taken place in order to attempt a citizens arrest.

If I seen some stranger entering my neighbours property then when confronted he bolted and wouldn’t stop I’d say it’s reasonable to assume he’s up to no good.

Why was this guy trespassing on someone else’s property in the first place.

If he had put up his hands and waited on the police I’m sure it would have been resolved without death.

If you charge at the barrel of a loaded shotgun and attempt to grab it from someone it’s never going to end well.

Sure these guys had no right to confront him but any innocent person just jogging along would put up their hands and wait for the cops.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Not at all, all I’m saying is your better to put up your hands and wait on the cops rather than charging the barrel of a loaded shotgun. It’s never a clever move imo.

Run away or give up. Seems more logical than attacking an armed man.

edit on 26/5/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

If I seen some stranger entering my neighbours property then when confronted he bolted and wouldn’t stop I’d say it’s reasonable to assume he’s up to no good.

But it is not a felony.

That's why citizen's arrests are not a great idea, most people have little to no understanding of statute law and end up getting themselves into trouble by trying to act like a cop. These two retards probably think 'criminal justice' is a TV show.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
An unlocked vehicle on someones PROPERTY. PRIVATE like the construction site. Should you leave a firearm in a car unlocked, no, but why would someone be going through your car on PRIVATE PROPERTY???

Still waiting for the gun to show up from a search.

I also know about the homeowner saying he "did not know of anything stolen"...from what I read he is very ill and construction is not even moving forward at the time and he had not been onsite in months.
edit on Maypm31pmf0000002020-05-26T14:02:44-05:000244 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Looks like you'll be waiting a bit longer. Maybe give their tip line a shout and make them aware that you know where it is.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

Did he not realise you can run on grass?

That is what my wife asked. She said, "Why didn't he just cut through those people's yards instead of confronting the men?"

Good question. Like I said, I believe his mindset definitely played a role in how this went down. If I was jogging, in the road, and had a car, in front and behind me with armed people I am running through yards, houses, businesses, whatever, to get away.

Are you kidding me??? LMAO. Tell your wife many self defense classes suggest it is safer (in most cases) to stay off of sidewalks and grassy areas where anyone can grab you and no one would see it. It's better to stay on the street/asphalt area in dire times since it's usually level and open area to maneuver and also more visible.

Also, cutting through yards is another recipe for disaster. He was liable to get blown away by some random shotgun blast or chewed alive by dogs. In his mind, after running for over 4 minutes while Roddy tried to box him in from the back and the McMichaels in the front, his only reasonable recourse was to run in the streets, for safety reasons. After they cornered him and blocked his direct path, he went around the side to avoid Travis, who was brandishing his weapon, and decided in seconds to FIGHT or continue his FLIGHT. I guess he was also thinking about being shot in the back from daddy McMichael, who had positioned himself from a great vantage point from atop the truck. So many things to think about after being chased for so long, he had limited options with limited time to think.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Not at all, all I’m saying is your better to put up your hands and wait on the cops rather than charging the barrel of a loaded shotgun. It’s never a clever move imo.

Run away or give up. Seems more logical than attacking an armed man.

Uhm... This is my line of work teaching defensive tactics. I have actually faced guns and other weapons in the real world so I know how, when, and why to react. Where do you have proof that the victim should have waited for police? Did one of the armed gunmen tell him that? Would you believe them? So are you suggesting that every person accosted follow the perps commands? To be completely submissive? Or should he have "runaway" and "trespassed" on other property being chased by armed gunmen, or shot dead for fleeing?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

So you would teach to run toward a shotgun from 50m?

Personally I think you’d be safer keeping your distance. Especially if you’re really a jogger and being chased by some fat elderly gentlemen. Run into the trees and don’t stop.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Still, the law permits it. Even with reasonable suspicion.

Wasn’t the guy an ex cop? I fear shotguns more than badges tbh.

Everyone please take my advice, if a guy rolls up with a loaded shotgun, give up or run away, do not charge at him swinging for the fences trying to grab the barrel.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

So you would teach to run toward a shotgun from 50m?

Personally I think you’d be safer keeping your distance. Especially if you’re really a jogger and being chased by some fat elderly gentlemen. Run into the trees and don’t stop.

Based on the video I saw, he did not run towards a gun 50 meters away. Nothing like that at all.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
An unlocked vehicle on someones PROPERTY. PRIVATE like the construction site. Should you leave a firearm in a car unlocked, no, but why would someone be going through your car on PRIVATE PROPERTY???

I also know about the homeowner saying he "did not know of anything stolen"...from what I read he is very ill and construction is not even moving forward at the time and he had not been onsite in months.

My point was the dad had a personal bone to pick for anyone who he might perceive as bad, and he labeled Arbery instantly because he was slow jogging down the street in the middle of the day...and that set off his over the top reactions with a "there he is!" reaction that he thought there was a lot of thief in the neighborhood, but there was basically one, his.

Now do I leave a gun in a locked or unlocked car...no, just as I don't leave my wallet on my car roof, but in any case the dad had nothing that Arbery ever did anything wrong in the first place.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
In one day, we have police officers fired today for killing a restrained man, a woman who made a false police report claiming she was afraid because the man told her to follow the law and leash her dog. We have people here saying after being chased for 4 minutes a man should have broken the law trespassing into other properties to get away.

Really what could possibly be the right answer? Restrained can still be killed, people can make up stories potentially getting you killed.

I don't think most of us can judge the reaction that he should have had.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Still, the law permits it. Even with reasonable suspicion.

No, it does not. They need to have direct knowledge of a felony being committed.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: testing123

Based on the video I saw, he did not run towards a gun 50 meters away. Nothing like that at all.

I think they intercepted him twice and on the second attempt they park out in front and he veered away to the left from the son with a shotgun on the right keeping the truck between him and the shot gun, but as he came up towards the front of the truck the son turned and started to head back in his direction to get a new line of sight on him and it was at that point Arbery rush in.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join