It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New leaked video of black jogger gunned down by a white father and son duo

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FellowHuman

Considering the video only shows trespassing which is a misdemeanor it will be hard to prove a felony trespass as that requires intent to commit a crime or steal or whatever.

Considering he had no duffle bag to hide tools or items, it seems difficult to prove. At a construction site it's doubtful anything of value can fit in a pocket. Also since the attorney for the construction site owner said they believe Arbery was getting water from the outside spigot it seems like it's a stretch to make this a felony.

You also have the various other people on video in and out of the site. If there is video of one of those people inside more than once why were they not considered as suspicious.

We can speculate for both sides but really no way of knowing which way anyone spins this until trial.

edit on 25-5-2020 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hmm... Fine with me then . I also suspect you did not View the Video in the Link I provided , it explains a lot about this case , and is Not Slanted in Any Way .

banned.video...
edit on 25-5-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FellowHuman

Likewise i just want to mention, this is why it was so important for Ahmaud to be cooperative. You know, if he was some place else, it may be different. But when you are in someone else's neighborhood, and then on someone else's property, and then in someone else's building/home, you lose any ground to say you dont have to be cooperative. Or if you dont want to, expect what you see happen here. Which is you will be seen as committing a crime/guilty. And then people wont treat you so nice.

woah woah woah just what are you saying here?
it might not be what you mean but you're quite literally saying that there's a specific place where people 'belong' and if they step foot outside those boundaries they have to do whatever they're told.
how does that even work?
are you envisioning neighbourhoods as walled enclaves that can be defended from the ramparts?
should everyone carry papers specifying their proper place?
Shall we just start beating down on anyone who looks like they might be from a block over?
none of this is sounding very My Freedom Ends Where Yours Begins

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
Hmm... Fine with me then . I also suspect you did not View the Video in the Link I provided , it explains a lot about this case , and is Not Slanted in Any Way .

No, I didn't and I have no intention of watching it.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

are you envisioning neighbourhoods as walled enclaves that can be defended from the ramparts?
should everyone carry papers specifying their proper place?
Shall we just start beating down on anyone who looks like they might be from a block over?

judge dredd - " block wars " ???

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

The funny thing is the poster you're replying to didn't even realize the victim lived in the same neighborhood. It's somewhat cut off from the surrounding area by the interstate and the river.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
We don’t know what happened prior to the video or why he was running toward the vehicle.

Also it’s clear the man running moves toward the man with the shotgun and initiated the struggle. The first shot is fired only after the deceased gets within arms reach.

I for one would want to hear both sides of the story before swallowing the innocent jogger gunned down headline.

If someone pulls up in the middle of a street with a shotgun looking to kill you and you’re just innocently jogging past you turn and run the other way, you don’t proceed to charge straight at them.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

in the middle of a street - how is " running away " from a man with a firearm - going to help ??????

at dead < pun > close quaters - if they are murderous bestards - running or standing still will not help one iota

if you think you are going to die anyway - with no other recouse

engage the enemy - you MAY - get inside the arc of the muzzle

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

He ran at a man with a shotgun who initially appears on video stopped over 50m away.

I don’t know about you but if someone pulls a shotgun out I don’t run toward it from that distance, was hardly a concealed carry with no warning.

He charges the shotgun, you can’t dispute that.

He was far enough away from the shotgun to get away but he didn’t, he charges toward the armed men from a fair distance.

edit on 26/5/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
We don’t know what happened prior to the video or why he was running toward the vehicle.

According to the police report the guy filming the video had just tried to box him in and he turned around and ran in the other direction.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Did he not realise you can run on grass?

My point is that it’s foolish to charge a man with a shotgun.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

My point is that it’s foolish to charge a man with a shotgun.

I think it's even more foolish to chase people with weapons and impede their movement when they haven't committed a crime.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Reckless yes but not sure if it’s as stupid as running toward a loaded shotgun.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Reckless yes but not sure if it’s as stupid as running toward a loaded shotgun.

Reckless? It's felonious and to be honest I'm not quite sure how I'd act if three people with guns chased me in their cars and tried to stop me multiple times.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Did he not realise you can run on grass?

That is what my wife asked. She said, "Why didn't he just cut through those people's yards instead of confronting the men?"

Good question. Like I said, I believe his mindset definitely played a role in how this went down. If I was jogging, in the road, and had a car, in front and behind me with armed people I am running through yards, houses, businesses, whatever, to get away.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

There is only one way into and out of that neighborhood...

All they had to do was cut him off which they did.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I’m sure if you’d just been snooping around their property you would run. Most likely away from the barrel of their gun.

I’m not defending them just saying the headline insinuates he was a random innocent jogger who they gunned down in cold blood. Not what I see from the tape, I’ll wait to see what further evidence turns up.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Double post

edit on 26/5/20 by Grenade because: iPhones

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I’m not defending them just saying the headline insinuates he was a random innocent jogger who they gunned down in cold blood. Not what I see from the tape, I’ll wait to see what further evidence turns up.

I'm not sure what he was but I know he didn't commit a felony which would, if observed by the vigilantes, allowed them to pursue him and possibly detain him using non-violent means.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Sure, I don’t know the law well enough over there. When someone charges you and attempts to grab your weapon tho does it not then constitute self defence?

Because no weapons are pointed or shots fired from what I can see until he makes a charge toward the gun. The fatal shots I think anyone would have taken, if someone’s wrestling with me over a shotgun and punching me in the head it becomes life or death for all those involved irrespective of the events or the blame leading to that point.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join