It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Groot

We are in the end times and I wouldn't be too eager
to welcome UFO occupants to our planet! One of my
children saw a cigar-shaped UFO about 2 weeks ago.
I told them if they ever saw it again to rebuke the UFO
in Yeshua/Jesus name.

🙄

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
I’ve Never really understood why people think he’s questionable…seems a fairly straightforward guy imo…
If you want to know why, you could start by reading threads about his claims which are known hoaxes. I'll even give you some links to them. This is an old hoax which appears at 1 hour and 40 minutes in the "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind" video, and I posted a screenshot of the image. The image itself is real, it's the claim that it shows an alien from the Andromeda galaxy that's the hoax, but if you want to believe that bull, knock yourself out and send Greer lots of money for showing you "aliens", LOL.

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
He didn't show the moth alien in the CE5 video, but he showed what looks to me like some bushes, with some stray light hitting them creating a pattern of reflected light off the leaves, and shadows:

Since I posted that, I found that there's an ATS thread about it in the ATS HOAX forum from 2010, so according to ATS owners and members, that was proven a hoax 10 years ago and Greer is still showing it in his 2020 "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind" video:

[HOAX] Steve Greer (CSETI) Photograph ET Being

This is the ATS thread in the HOAX forum for the "Moth alien":

Greer is a proven hoaxer

Also look at the "invisible spaceship" video I posted here, and if you think that haze in the video is an invisible spaceship, well, you're just the kind of mark Greer wants to get money from. If you can't see the invisible spaceship, then you'll start to understand why he's not just questionable, he's a hoaxer.

edit on 202053 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
Just thought I'd add my signature to your thread.

Thanks for the info, will check it out.

Watched this with my 16yr old daughter the other night. One of my favorite movies and the first time she has ever watched. Movie still holds up and she really liked it.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

originally posted by: nerbot
Just thought I'd add my signature to your thread.

Thanks for the info, will check it out.

Watched this with my 16yr old daughter the other night. One of my favorite movies and the first time she has ever watched. Movie still holds up and she really liked it.
What movie are you talking about that "still holds up"?
Are you talking about "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind?" That seems pretty new, so I don't understand "still holds up" if that new movie is what you're referring to. Are you thinking of Close Encounters of the Third Kind, the old movie?

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I believe jtrenthacker was referencing nerbot's signature, which has the classic sequence of lights and notes from the 1977 film.

On-topic : It is my opinion that Greer is a scam artist at worst and a hoaxer at best. I've seen his previous documentaries and am about to watch his latest one.
edit on 3-5-2020 by Kreeate because: on-topic added

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

We are in the end times and I wouldn't be too eager
to welcome UFO occupants to our planet! One of my
children saw a cigar-shaped UFO about 2 weeks ago.
I told them if they ever saw it again to rebuke the UFO
in Yeshua/Jesus name.

Oh, too bad. Jesus was actually in it. Oh, well. Better luck next Apocalypse.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

The deception is stronger than you and Father God gave us our own will.

I once thought I had it all too. Still I often knew something was missing and incomplete.

You believe as you wish but does the TRUTH not tug at you?

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Challenge me. You cannot.

I challenge you to get clean and not ramble nonsense.on the internet.

That's all you have? Bwahaha. I quit smoking cigarettes and have no addictions. I enjoyed a bit too much whiskey last night. I can be honest, can you? I am not without sin and am not required to be.

Anything else? I see you.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Cravens

Did I ask questions you cannot answer?

Did I take the time and effort to engage in a reply (this one will be first and last) to any of your comments?

Now that is a question you can answer.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Well done!!

The video looks interesting, I'll give it a look see at some point this week.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Watched about an hour of the movie and nothing really triggered for me, there was the ring laser gyro UFO but that is kind of shallow. They talked about us being at a Rosa Parks renaissance for disclosure, but we did that back in the early 1960's. The flower children were going to discover a new reality.

Back then in the rear of the bus we had the 1910 Hally's comet spectrographic studies of stardust ionizing near the sun into a plasma trail. The media talking about the end of the world this would bring and the physicists talking about detonating a real hydrogen bomb.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Since I posted that, I found that there's an ATS thread about it in the ATS HOAX forum from 2010, so according to ATS owners and members, that was proven a hoax 10 years ago and Greer is still showing it in his 2020 "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind" video:

[HOAX] Steve Greer (CSETI) Photograph ET Being

Imagine you witness a phenomenon with a group of people and you take a photograph of it. You later get back to your lab, look at the photo and realize it doesn’t clearly show anything.

Now if you withhold the photo people will get suspicious, but if you release it people will say that it looks ridiculous and proves nothing etc. So what do you do…you’re pretty much in a no win situation, with people crying out to see the photograph.

At least Greer did the decent thing by releasing the photo. But I'm pretty sure it wasn’t released with intention of proving Aliens exist…anyone who thinks that is an idiot!

Anyway, gota say the whole photograph thing looks fairly inconclusive…It doesn’t prove Aliens are real but it certainly doesn’t prove that Greer is a fake either imo…

This is the ATS thread in the HOAX forum for the "Moth alien":

Greer is a proven hoaxer

Actually the poster Unity99 made some pretty good/interesting points in the 2nd last page on that thread…which no one even addressed…

Here’s an extract of one of Unity99s posts…

Also, to date there were 3 things so far to discredit him, and they were done deliberately, in other words the conglomerates known as majestic 12 and the controllers who he has called murder incorporated is the group resposnible for him posting the moth photo, for him posting the other photo, also for the rumors that could have harmed his family. If anyone is aware of this field and what is forced upon those in the limelght, then they would know how it works. This has nothing whatsoever to do with Greer, he is not the one behind the things that were done to make him face ridicule.

Link

The thing is Greer did incredible work getting the disclosure project off the ground, so he’s not exactly the Governments favourite citizen, as they’ve been actively covering up UFO’s since God knows when!

If anything it’s more likely that he’s been actively targeted for debunking by the TPTB…which he’s hinted towards in some of his interviews…

Also he’s had an interest in meditation for a long time, long before the initial disclosure project…So him combining both passions together seems entirely natural imo

Also look at the "invisible spaceship" video I posted here, and if you think that haze in the video is an invisible spaceship, well, you're just the kind of mark Greer wants to get money from. If you can't see the invisible spaceship, then you'll start to understand why he's not just questionable, he's a hoaxer.

Seriously…who knows what kinds of capabilities these UFO’s have. Based on eye witness accounts, these objects can disappear and reappear in an instant. Is it cloaking technology, speed of light travel, Dimensional Jumping, Holographic projections or Telepathic communication with the inner mind…Who can really say with any degree of certainty…

I’m certainly not ruling anything out…that’s for sure…

- JC

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

At least Greer did the decent thing by releasing the photo. But I'm pretty sure it wasn’t released with intention of proving Aliens exist…anyone who thinks that is an idiot!

Anyway, gota say the whole photograph thing looks fairly inconclusive…It doesn’t prove Aliens are real but it certainly doesn’t prove that Greer is a fake either imo…
It's pareidolia of light hitting a bush.

Did you watch the movie Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind? You don't think Greer showing the pareidolia photo saying he asked the alien where he was from, and according to greer the non-existent "alien" he said his name was Bijou and he's from the Andromeda Galaxy is fakery? Why do you think that thread is in the ATS HOAX forum?? ATS doesn't move threads to that forum lightly, my understanding is the owners of ATS have to be convinced it's a hoax. And the moth being an alien?

Seriously…who knows what kinds of capabilities these UFO’s have. Based on eye witness accounts, these objects can disappear and reappear in an instant.
If it appeared and disappeared that would be one thing. But, it never appears, so it takes a complete lack of critical thinking skills to think an invisible object is there when there is zero evidence for the invisible object. Having an open mind is good, but if critical thinking isn't used to filter things going into storage in the open mind, it will fill up with a lot of garbage. What if Greer said there was an invisible elephant there? How can you tell the difference between an invisible elephant and an invisible space ship? How can you tell the difference between a moth and an alien, or the difference between a bush and an alien?

Exopolitics Hong Kong Attends CSETI with Dr Greer - 2010

But sure you're allowed to see a spaceship there if you want to imagine it in your mind. That makes you the kind of mark Greer is looking for, someone willing to believe anything without any evidence, no matter how far-fetched the claim.

By the way I certainly have addressed "which no one even addressed…Here’s an extract of one of Unity99s posts… "

I showed the screenshot from an hour and 40 minutes in the Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind video where Greer is the one showing the photo of the bush, and where Greer is the one claiming that it spoke to him and said he was an alien named Bijou from the Andromeda galaxy. So Unity99 can't blame that on anyone else, it's all Greer doing the hoax himself! Calling this bush an alien, and further saying it spoke to him:

So no, unity99 is not correct, nobody else is doing that to Greer to discredit him, it's all Greer discrediting himself. Listen to the completely hoaxed statements he makes saying that bush is an alien that spoke to him. And if you still believe that, then remember what Carl Sagan said:

"It's good to have an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out".

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   

"I think a lot of Greer's "victims" never realize they've been fleeced. They want to get in contact..."
You definitely have a point, there's proof of that right here in this thread.
And anyone who does actually realize they've been scammed would most likely be too embarrassed by their own perceived naivety to blow any whistles on the scammer.
It irritates me, honestly, his preying on the soul's most basic and innocent of needs - the need to feel as if part of something bigger, something more than one's self, more than the sum of our tiny existences. Most of our species seeks this, hopes this to be true.
He should be putting his energy and intellect toward joining that search. Instead he's living, breathing evidence against any such higher thinking. He is, in that respect, a destroyer of hopes and dreams, of mystery.
Soul-sucking leeches like Greer actually make me wish for the existence of afterlife judgement. Sure, I'd be roasting in Hell but at least I'd be able to look across the flames and see jackasses like Greer burning right along with me.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
He has been thoroughly vetted to be a con man. He sells spiritual alien visitation trips to saps looking for ufos where they see a meteor and call it ufos.

His spiritual religious mumbo jumbo is an amalgamation of new age concepts and ufo lore. It might provide him with an “answer” but it doesn’t have much substance. Quite thin broth.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

a reply to: opethPA

The deception is stronger than you and Father God gave us our own will.

I once thought I had it all too. Still I often knew something was missing and incomplete.

You believe as you wish but does the TRUTH not tug at you?

Your truth can tug at you all you want.
Doesn't mean it's right for me, the next person or anyone else.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Do you actually have an opinion on the subject matter posted by the OP?
If so, please elaborate on that, as opposed to rambling off about your own beliefs.

You remind me of that priest in Whiterun ( Skyrim ). That annoying guy screaming his religion at everyone passing by.
I'm all for hearing different opinions, but you don't seem open to debate or even conversation. You seem to condemn anyone who doesn't agree with you to some kind of ultimate justice. Try to lead by example if you want to entice people to be interested in your message.

On-topic: I finished watching Greer's "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind" and frankly did not see anything new. It seems to be the same recipe, repackaged and regurgitated in different ways. I stand by my opinion that it's top tier quackery.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kreeate

I finished watching Greer's "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind" and frankly did not see anything new. It seems to be the same recipe, repackaged and regurgitated in different ways.

Well done on finishing it , I agree with your opinion though I couldn't get through all of it.
In the less than an hour I watched It came over as an advert for his CE5 initiative (money making scheme) , much like his last effort it was over long ,light on substance but heavy on self promotion.

While people crowd fund it he'll keep on doing it.

posted on May, 4 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

It's pareidolia of light hitting a bush.
Did you watch the movie Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind?

I havent seen the movie yet…maybe someone else who’s watched it can throw in their 2cents…

You don't think Greer showing the pareidolia photo saying he asked the alien where he was from, and according to greer the non-existent "alien" he said his name was Bijou and he's from the Andromeda Galaxy is fakery?

Aliens having Telepathic ability is very common reported phenomenon during encounters. Admittedly it’s easy to fake, but at the same time I don’t think it can be easily ruled out either…

Why do you think that thread is in the ATS HOAX forum?? ATS doesn't move threads to that forum lightly, my understanding is the owners of ATS have to be convinced it's a hoax. And the moth being an alien?

It’s in the Hoax section because the photo is not regarded as being a genuine Alien photo…but like I explained in my previous post…that’s most likely not the reason it was released imo…

It’s the same with the Moth picture it’s clearly not an Alien (unless it’s camouflaged itself) which again is why it’s in the Hoax section…

But if one takes into account possible sabotage or mistakes, or reasons behind why something was released, then it doesn’t automatically mean Greer is a Hoaxer himself…

There’s quite a few people on this thread who have watched “Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind” so they clearly have an open mind in regards to Greer…If they thought he was a well known Hoaxer, then they wouldn’t have even watched it.

If it appeared and disappeared that would be one thing. But, it never appears, so it takes a complete lack of critical thinking skills to think an invisible object is there when there is zero evidence for the invisible object.

Having an open mind is good, but if critical thinking isn't used to filter things going into storage in the open mind, it will fill up with a lot of garbage.

What if Greer said there was an invisible elephant there? How can you tell the difference between an invisible elephant and an invisible space ship? How can you tell the difference between a moth and an alien, or the difference between a bush and an alien?

I totally get where you're coming from…I’m of a sound mind, have very good logical and critical thinking skills…I’m not some crackpot lol

Cloaking technology based on eye witness accounts is definitely a possibility and there’s even image projection (pretty much like telepathy but without words) into a persons mind…whereby they can see images that are not actually physically present…I know…sounds like science fiction…

What we think of as rational in our everyday world, doesn’t seem to apply when it comes to the field of Aliens and the UFO phenomenon…just saying…

But sure you're allowed to see a spaceship there if you want to imagine it in your mind. That makes you the kind of mark Greer is looking for, someone willing to believe anything without any evidence, no matter how far-fetched the claim.

Please understand, I’m not accepting everything Greer says as 100% truthful…but neither am I leaping on the bandwagon that he’s a complete Hoaxer either…I’m keeping an open mind…

- JC

edit on 4-5-2020 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join