It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Challenge me. You cannot.

I challenge you to get clean and not ramble nonsense.on the internet.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Thanks ConfusedBrit.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Groot

We are in the end times and I wouldn't be too eager
to welcome UFO occupants to our planet! One of my
children saw a cigar-shaped UFO about 2 weeks ago.
I told them if they ever saw it again to rebuke the UFO
in Yeshua/Jesus name.

Just repeating this.

No weapon formed against us shall prosper. No fear. Almighty God has got this! Fill your Blessed SOUL with the Holy Spirit and learn God's word. The deception has been EXPOSED for all to see. This must be the tipping point. ALL have a chance to be saved. Or let the vile filthy beast lie to and use you for all he can before you are used up and spit out like ALL before you. Then cast into the eternal lake of fire when God finally annihilates the dark one.

Choose wisely. Your spirit cannot be killed. Who does yours belong to? It has a creator and he's calling out to you!

Erm! Whilst asking the creator for help against UFOs can also ask to sort out this corvid 19 mess as thousands are dying?

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I was about to ignore this movie as another cash cow, but might now give it an informed glance. So, thanks for the perspective!

I don’t know what, but there seems some peculiarity in the release of the pentagon ufo vid in the midst of a global crises.

If one’s tempted to draw parallels the question is: Distraction, or Preparation?

Though the answer may well be: Coincidence!

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Wow. That was super creepy. According to Greer we humans have to make contact via new agey meditation tech. If the various beigns deem us worty they appear in the sky for a short time and then frag off.

Greer and his sect don't care about the important questions. (If his tech is working...)

1. Who are these beings?
2. How do you know that they are aliens?
3. How do you know that they tell the truth?
4. Why need the occult stuff to contact?

Just my two cents....

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
Not being lucky enough to have had a close encounter myself - dammit! - I would appreciate such disclosure for sheer interest's sake, ie the quick and easy way. Others don't need it, whatever the veracity of what they perceived or encountered... and I somewhat envy them.

I’m ‘lucky’ enough to have seen one, but with hindsight it’s a fairly frustrating cross to bear.

I know 100% that there’s more between heaven and earth than TPTB would have us believe, but knowing that only makes the silence ring that much louder; pushing us ever closer to grasp for anything that makes sense of the encounter.

And boy can it make me a bore at the pub if the subject comes up and a few too many pints have slipped down; the inevitable ‘don’t get him started on ufos again’ whispers thereafter

But the crux of it all is that i don’t know what I was looking at (the parallel to Covid and our susceptibility to believe anything in order to have, well, ‘order’ is unsettling).

For anyone that’s curious as to what it was I actually saw...

In 1990 (i think -age addles the mind) I saw a ufo over Kingston Upon Thames...

I was on my back, looking up at a beautifully clear and star strewn night, when one of those stars moved quickly from its position to stop abruptly at another. Hmmm... did I just see that!?! I hadn’t been drinking (or anything else).

Then it moved again and again, darting from one part of the sky to another. It was only a relatively tiny region of the sky that it covered, as it pin-balled around, sometimes stopping abruptly for brief intervals, at others changing direction at the sharpest of angles without stopping at all.

I ran back and forth, covering 30-40 metres, watching the whole time and the ufo’s position relative to the stars around it didn’t change. That means it was very, very high up, which in turn means that it was very bright and more importantly it was covering great distances at ‘impossible’ speed and performing equally ‘impossible’ changes in direction. The ‘Gs’ must’ve been immense!

I wasn’t alone! I was with three friends on a riverbank-fishing trip, sleeping bags at the ready. I’m not remotely interested in fishing, which is why I was looking up, while they were watching their rods. I called for them to look up and sure enough they saw mysteriously moving object.

When I jumped up and down waving my arms, shouting’ I’m here, I’m here, come and get me’, they freaked out a little, anxiously telling me to ‘shut it!’ They we’re far from snowflakes, no scaredy types among them, so their reaction resonates to this day the truly inexplicable nature of what we saw.

But back to the crux... we don’t know what we saw and sadly we still don’t.

After seeing such a thing it seemed inevitable at the time that ‘disclosure’ must be just around the corner - disclosure by us about aliens, or by the aliens themselves. Alas, 30 years later it’s proven not to be the case - still we wait and second guess every morsel of information. That’s an activity and state of mind that over such long periods of time probably addles the sanity as much as time addles the memory.

And that crux... it may not even have been alien! It may have (perhaps more plausibly) have been human tech; foreign, domestic or even a Nazi bell2.0 from their secret Antarctic base (see what I mean about close encounters addling the sanity!)

Still, we live in hope that something true might one day escape from our masters before the last shard of sanity slips the mind.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cornissa
Wow. That was super creepy. According to Greer we humans have to make contact via new agey meditation tech

And there I was joking about Nazi ufos... that’s straight out of the wewelsburg castle nazi occult playbook. Creepy crap indeed and your questions are without doubt of the uppermost importance when fracking around in those graveyards.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: mamabeth

We are in the end times and I wouldn't be too eager
to welcome UFO occupants to our planet! One of my
children saw a cigar-shaped UFO about 2 weeks ago.
I told them if they ever saw it again to rebuke the UFO
in Yeshua/Jesus name.

Cool story.

When these End Times fail like all the other ones what will the next target be?

Wasn’t that the motto at Lehman Brothers

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I'm dumbfounded that people actually shell out a GRAND for something that just reeks of a scam. This racket puts Greer right up there with that Nigerian Prince.
I would think word of mouth would've caught up with him not far out of the gate ending his charade early on.
The longer he's able to keep fleecing people the greater the chance he scams the wrong person and gets the absolute sh#t beat out of him.
Or worse...

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

a reply to: Illumimasontruth

I am pure. What are you? Who are you? Besides an evel deceiver. I know who you are. Many are about to see...

You replied to your own post.
Are you challenging yourself?
Or are you just talking to yourself?

Oh, and I never deceived Evel Knievel.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Well if Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind is a follow up on Spielberg's movie take Close Encounters of The Third Kind then we are talking about a historical encounter and there would be concerns about things such as grave desecration.

I remember encountering some bush aliens back in the 70's, like moths attracted to the Teller light from a nuc test people often end up insane.

There are so many esoteric forks we can take in our memories.

When they get psychotic many people hear Compson not Compton

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

If I have to choose between Greer's aliens and Marija Oršić (Semjase, etc)... i choose Marija

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Groot
Has anyone seen it yet?

Not yet...but I’m definitely looking forward to viewing it…thanks for putting it out there...

New documentary by Steven Greer. I know, he is questionable .Not the usual stuff, but what is going on today.

Yeah…why is that…? I’ve Never really understood why people think he’s questionable…seems a fairly straightforward guy imo…

Pretty good so far, with a religious spin to it so far.

“religious spin"...???

Tell me more lol

S+F

- JC

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I just finished watching it, and actually enjoyed it.
The plant experiment was pretty interesting. I'm gonna look a bit more into that.
The only thing that really turned me off was that towards the end of the movie, I got the feeling that I was now watching an infomercial for CE5 App.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

“religious spin"...???

Tell me more lol

Greer starts talking about TBTB spinning alien visitation as a war-worthy threat to somehow bring on the "return of Jesus" as related to him by some military big wig.

That kind of came out of left field.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I just finished watching it, and actually enjoyed it.
The plant experiment was pretty interesting. I'm gonna look a bit more into that.
The only thing that really turned me off was that towards the end of the movie, I got the feeling that I was now watching an infomercial for CE5 App.

I felt the same way! I kept waiting for a spokesperson with a terribly fake Aussie accent to pop up!

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Wait a minute, if the Op’s Groot and your Mrs Groot then hmmmm lol

Originally posted by GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
Greer starts talking about TBTB spinning alien visitation as a war-worthy threat to somehow bring on the "return of Jesus" as related to him by some military big wig.

That kind of came out of left field.

Depends how it’s being spun I guess…

I mean is he actively promoting from his own religious perspective, or is he just trying to point out that the TPTB maybe/are planning it etc...

I know…it’s tuff…there’s so much info and disinfo out there…so many dots to connect and so forth…

- JC

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Not his own perspective but supposedly what some general said to him. Not sure what to make of it as it really did just come out of left field. We had to rewind it 3 times to be sure that what we heard was correct.

And yes, Groot is my hubs so we were watching it together.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChayOphan
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I'm dumbfounded that people actually shell out a GRAND for something that just reeks of a scam. This racket puts Greer right up there with that Nigerian Prince.
I would think word of mouth would've caught up with him not far out of the gate ending his charade early on.
The longer he's able to keep fleecing people the greater the chance he scams the wrong person and gets the absolute sh#t beat out of him.
Or worse...
I think a lot of Greer's "victims" never realize they've been fleeced. They want to get in contact with aliens sort of like the poster that says "I want to believe". You might even say that applies to me to some extent as I want to believe there are aliens and think it would be really cool if they were visiting Earth. But where Greer's victims and I differ is that I've studied many topic related to UFOs like all the different ways people can be impressed by seeing things they don't understand. I mentioned the NASA video as an example from Greer's CE5 video because NASA personnel aren't surprised to see an ice particle outside their spacecraft and they aren't surprised to see it move when a thruster fires, but you can still find people here on ATS who perhaps want to believe a little too much so they dismiss NASA's explanation and still say it shows some alien craft as Greer claims so they don't even realize Greer is lying. That same desire to believe can easily manifest when they see many other objects in the sky that are also shown in the CE5 video:

originally posted by: SacredLore
Almost all of the UFO clips shown in the film look mundane: flares, birds and insects on night vision camera, etc.
Yes maybe they look mundane to you but some of the CE5 people viewing those things might not be familiar with them and if they start "summoning aliens" and see something in the sky whatever it is, there's some bias to perceive what shows up as fulfilling ones expectation. I summoned aliens and now I see a dot or dots or whatever in the sky, and maybe they aren't just dots, they are the aliens I summoned.

So getting back to ChayOphan wondering why Greer doesn't "gets the absolute sh#t beat out of him" when people realize they've been hoaxed, I suspect many people never realize it. If you give Greer $1000 to take you on an alien viewing expedition, you've already instilled some bias because you'd like to think you spend money wisely and you expect to see aliens so by golly, you're likely to see them whether it's pareidolia or seeing some dots in the sky you don't know what they are, and assuming the dots are aliens.

Some of the UFOs in Greer's videos were iridium flares. I think those are going away eventually but there are lots of starlink satellites and people have already started reporting those as UFOs. So they will see whole fleets of "aliens".

Greer also uses some tricks to exploit people's confirmation bias, like when he takes then on a tour of an "invisible spaceship" he has someone light some kind of incense or something to put some aroma in the air, because people can smell something they didn't smell before so maybe that triggers something in their brain to think maybe the "invisible spaceship" that nobody can see is really there. It's really mind boggling how anybody can fall for this but they do and you can see it in action in this video, where there's nothing there but the guy writing the description for the video says if you see a bit of fog in the video that's the alien spaceship (the fog certainly can't be fog when you're "Vectoring in aliens" with your minds, can it?)

Exopolitics Hong Kong Attends CSETI with Dr Greer - 2010

It is important to understand that it takes "soft eyes" to see these craft; however if the screen is enlarged, the foggy shape of these etheric craft can just be seen against the background of the trees. The group enters the ethereal craft and a participant, who is rather shaken, tells of her experience.
It's the most amazing thing ever to me to see all these people get convinced there's an "aetherial spaceship" there when the video shows nothing except maybe some fog or haze. So if this is Greer's target audience he can scam them and apparently they want to believe so excessively they will believe they are "seeing" an invisible spaceship when they look at some haze, which no rational person with critical thinking skills would possibly believe.

posted on May, 3 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

a reply to: opethPA

No man or beast knows a date. Many know the outcome. What error have you ever found in the Orthodox Christian Bible, not all the deceptive variations to follow? Her words are pure and blessed. Your slave master is damned.

Tell me, what does your future hold?

So basically unless people back up your perspective then they can't know the date.

I have no slave master but keep telling yourself that .

Also since the future can't be predicted what I can tell you is I have made tactical, career, financial and physical choices that have allowed me to have an enjoyable life and will allow me to do just that again as the future moves on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join