It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return of the idiots.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Well, I enjoyed my peaceful drives while they lasted. Today marks the day that most of everything can start operating again.

Got stuck behind an asshat doing 35 in a 55, who then decided to floor it once the speed limit reduced to 45, and then sat through three, almost four, green lights.

In the proper lane to turn left across oncoming traffic I start to drive past with my opening, and some dumbass comes all the way across the street, almost broadsides me, and stops in the middle of two lanes. Just to turn left.

On my lunch break, I went to buy some tobacco, and on my way out I see a guy turn to narrow into a drive through and dragged the whole side of his truck across a sign.

Did he continue on? Nope, of course not. He put it in reverse drag his truck across the sign once more, hopped back over the curb.

Did he turn wider? Nope. He did the same exact thing to run his truck across the same sign a third time.

I had to deal with more customers since I guess since the county/state told them they could they decided to venture out. And talk about ignorant.

I don't know if it was a fluke or what, but it seemed every customer had no business in a Home Depot.

They ask me for a tool or hardware. Don't know what it's called. Can't even describe it.

So, I gotta ask them questions.

"What are you trying to do?"

"Cut wood? Cut metal?"

"What kind of metal?"

"Sanding wood?"

"You don't know the difference between 60 grit and 180?"

"What did thay screw come off of?"

"No sir, you can't use a Ryobi battery on a Makita. No, it won't fit on a DeWalt either."

"Sir, that battery is for a lawn mower."

"Sir, we don't carry DeWalt sawblades. We have Milwaukee and Diablo."

"Yes, you can use Diablo blades on a DeWalt."

"These blades suck they just burned my wood up."
Well, sir. That's a cut off wheel for metal."

"Where are you kick panels?"
Shows the kick panels we have available.
"Those aren't kick panels."
"Well, sir these are kick panels. They go on the bottoms of doors. It even says kick panel on the box. Is there a different kind you have in mind?"
"Nah, we'll just go to Lowes they have kick panels."

Okay

Lol

I know my tools and hardware. I've pretty much done everything there is blue collar man or woman could do.

And when I have someone telling me that I'm obviously wrong, when they can't even tell me what they are looking for just makes me lol on the inside.

But the idiots on the road. Screw them.

I'm gonna miss the open roads. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.
edit on 152020 by AutomateThis1 because: Spelling

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Drunk

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I saw bumper sticker a while back that said .

β€œ Dear life, could you at least use some lubricant β€œ

You should get one . 😁

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RubyRogue

Not necessarily. The trials and tribulations of working retail. I recognize them. I've been there. They sometimes bring on a side of drunk, but not always.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The non -essentials have returned. Went and got new tires for our suv, next to a chic-fi-la and when we were leaving , people turning in front of me, even though I had the right of way.

Needless to say, the stupid people have returned and don't get in the way of their chicken.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

I saw bumper sticker a while back that said .

β€œ Dear life, could you at least use some lubricant β€œ

You should get one . 😁

Hahaha.

When I was in the Navy. I was on the USS San Jacinto. We called it San Jac[k] for short. So, we got San Jacked quite often.

The ship is like 567 feet or something like that. Don't really remember.

But we would say something along the lines of "You just got San Jacked by 567 feet dry" or whatever.

That and jokes about non-skid. Non-skid everywhere. Cam tear your skin up like bad road rash.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RubyRogue

Not drunk, just tired. Sitting in my car catching up on some posts, before I drive home. That, and there is a cop car sitting across the parking lot, probably waiting for me to drive off so he can harass me or some BS. We're going to see who has the most patience.

Edit: I won.
edit on 152020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Just hang in there. We can get through this together.

I hear this everyday and throw up in my mouth a little more.

Let's hear, " stop the stupidity ! "

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
[...]

And when I have someone telling me that I'm obviously wrong, when they can't even tell me what they are looking for just makes me lol on the inside.

Long time ago I used to work in a TV repair shop and we had customers who told us their device was not working after taking it from the shop. We'd go there just to find out that their TV was not even plugged in. Time wasting but hilarious.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: miri2019

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
[...]

Long time ago I used to work in a TV repair shop and we had customers who told us their device was not working after taking it from the shop. We'd go there just to find out that their TV was not even plugged in. Time wasting but hilarious.

Broooooooooooooooooooooooo. Tell me about it.

I used to get paid bookoo money just to get called in to fix equipment that is "broken."

And yeah, majority of the time it wasn't plugged in. And if it was it just needed to be reset.

I was like I went through years of training to get paid a # ton of moelney that a five year old could figure out.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Must’ve been a long line for short arm inspections ? Lol
edit on 1-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

About 15 years ago, I used to work for Home Depot, electrical dpt. Most of the customers were kind and great to chat with. Once in a while we'd get some unique customers. So this lady comes to me and asks me to help her choose a door bell, and I presented her our selection of them.

And she'd go pressing them one by one and asking me what I was thinking of the sound and its style. So given that all of those bells were decent quality, I'd go along with her "Yea, nice sound, I like it, but you have the final say in that!", she'd be like "ah ok, what about this other one bell?", and I'd be "Yea, that's a good one too...". Then she'd say "... aha you're saying that to make me feel good, don't you?" and I'm like laughing with myself "no, not really, but whatever...". I spent with her literally 45 exhausting minutes. It got to a point that I ran out of words, my creativity went bone dry, my brain was hurting. What a day that was ...
edit on 1-5-2020 by miri2019 because: add content

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: miri2019

About 15 years ago, I used to work for Home Depot, electrical dpt. Most of the customers were kind and great to chat with. Once in a while we'd get some unique customers. So this lady comes to me and asks me to help her choose a door bell, and I presented her our selection of them.

And she'd go pressing them one by one and asking me what I was thinking of the sound and its style. So given that all of those bells were decent quality, I'd go along with her "Yea, nice sound, I like it, but you have the final say in that!", she'd be like "ah ok, what about this other one bell?", and I'd be "Yea, that's a good one too...". I spent with her literally 45 exhausting minutes. It got to a point that I ran out of words, my creativity went bone dry, my brain was hurting. What a day that was ...

She was lonely and bored and probably needed some pipe laid.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Thank you for your service!

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I REALLY wanted to take my car out, and open her up during this "lockdown"... see what she is really capable of.

The China-flu didn't sideline me... the weather did. Our driveway washed out two months ago. There is no getting in, our out without 4WD. We have the money to fix it, but we cannot get the gravel trucks up here, until the weight restrictions on our road are lifted.

Wasted opportunities...

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: miri2019

Oh yeah, I find myself in those situations quite often. I usually just say Hmm. or yeah. Or okay.

Then, I tell them it's ultimately up to them.

But you're right. Most of the time most of the people are actually really nice, amd I really do enjoy my job and interacting with the majority of them. I really do like helping people come in and find the right tools for the job.

I don't go trying to convince people to buy the most expensive stuff. I help them save money by offering them advice on how to do things easier and cheaper, while still doing whatever it is that they are doing. A lot of times people overthink how to do something. Especially when they don't have a lot of experience. They think it's harder than it actually is.

I've only worked for HD for little under two months and a lot of the customers know me and come looking for me, because I really care about helping them. Heck, most of the time I feel like I'm the only one working, because other employees couldn't or wouldn't help them.

I've helped people from start to finish walking them through whichever department that has what they need. Plumbing, electrical, lumber, gardening, hardware and tools. I just really enjoy it.

But man I just felt the need to rant after today. I'm good now. It was probably just a bunch of irritable people getting out of the house for the first time im weeks.

Ugh lol.

Oh man, so this old dude comes walking through the store and as he's passing the checkout lanes walking through people he starts hacking uo the pleghmiest series of coughs I've ever heard. My dying grandfather didn't even sound that bad.

Dude didn't even try to cover his mouth. I thought for sure I was about to be a witness to mob beating an old man. I walked by him and made a bunch of exaggerated coughing sounds in his direction. Got some laughs out of it.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   

You saw sagacious Solomon
You know what came of him
To him, complexities seemed plain
He cursed the hour that gave birth to him
And saw that everything was vain
How great and wise was Solomon
The world, however, did not wait
But soon observed what followed on
It's wisdom that had brought him to this state
How fortunate the man with none

You saw courageous Caesar next
You know what he became
They deified him in his life
Then had him murdered just the same
And as they raised the fatal knife
How loud he cried "you too my son!"
It's courage that had brought him to that state

You heard of honest Socrates
The man who never lied
They weren't so grateful as you'd think
Instead the rulers fixed to have him tried
And handed him the poisoned drink
How honest was the people's noble son
It's honesty that brought him to that state

Here you can see respectable folk
Keeping to God's own laws
So far he hasn't taken heed
You who sit safe and warm indoors
Help to relieve out bitter need
How virtuously we had begun
It's fear of God that brought us to that state
How fortunate the man with none"

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Hahahaha, my first thought as well.

I've flirted with a few customers.

So many pretty women walking through.

One woman actually asked me if I wanted to get dinner sometime. I was caught off guard, because I told her kid to get off one of our portable stairs and made him cry.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Yeah you and me both.

I'm currently living about a mile away from a highway, and surrounded by back roads. I hear people raising hell almost every night.

Makes me wish I still had a badass car.

Only downside is that I also have to hear a bunch of cop sirens almost every night.

I miss the nights where all I heard were crickets and frogs and other sounds of the night.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Story of my life.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join