It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much change are you willing to accept to stay safe?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: DanDanDat

Since when did "change" become synonymous with infringement of rights?

I'm beginning to remember a recent Chief Executive inter-
changing that "change" thing with his campaign promise to
"...fundamentally transform America."

There's a real sentence ender, that last one. I personally
would have given him a hardcopy of 'Morals and Dogma'
to read after my dream of a nice LONG sentence stuck
to him somehow. And I didn't vote for him...

EDIT:: I have been lax at advertising thread bumps, maybe
I'm plain shy. But the OP title is simultaneously so wide open
and pretty much antithetical to my last ten years: the only
reason I'm sticking around is for sick comedy and weight loss.

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I might have to see who wants to take a ride to Springfield, Illinois. I'm not going to be complying with any "mask mandate". I'm pretty fed up.
Might be the first through the wall here.

edit on 21Thu, 30 Apr 2020 21:33:23 -0500pmvAmerica/ChicagoThursdayb20204America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: Typo

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Two quarters, a dime, two nickels and four pennies.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

That is a good question. As someone who has relatives that are high risk for getting this, I’m more worried about them than I am about myself getting it. I’m a little scared of stories I’ve heard of young healthy people getting this and winding up with permanent damage.

I’m an introverted homebody anyway, so this isn’t too much of a change for me. I’ve been doing less grocery shopping, and am saving money on that, and I hardly go anywhere because there is nowhere to go, so I’m saving on gas. I have a nice home and enjoy spending time there.

I miss going out to restaurants and hanging out with my friends. I know eventually things will go back to some semblance of “normal”, whatever the hell that is. In the meantime, I’ll just continue to hunker down. I think you’ll see that states like Texas that are just throwing caution to the wind will pay a steep price, with a large spike in cases. That’s on them.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I'd accept whatever "change" doesn't infringe upon my personal rights/freedoms. I'll stand 6 feet away from people in lines forever. But no way I'm wearing a mask in public for life.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Was happy to do social distancing for a short while to get past the peak. There was no peak. It's time to get this show back on the road. I have seriously bad allergies and sinuses and can't breathe in those stupid masks- I'll take my chances.

Exactly. Most of us avoid people that are sick to begin with, and most sick people tend to stay home. The intensity of infection of this virus is unlike others and that's what caused the initial panic in my opinion. That aside, slowing down the infection rate makes sense. Now that we know it can be slowed down, we cannot afford to lose our country trying to keep everyone else from catching the virus. It's not realistic. They need to get with the program on the drug testing which we already know has been working, screw the vaccine, that's not a realistic proposition. Concentrate on treatment before it gets to the point of needing a ventilator like we do with other viri or ailments. It's not rocket-science, it's common sense.

Without being exposed we have no way to build immunities. If it can be done in a way that doesn't kick off a second huge explosion of infection then we need to do it and get it done. Otherwise we're going to be forced to stay at home forever or there will be a mass rising up of protesters nation-wide. It will happen if they don't let us start using nature to cure the problem.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'd accept whatever "change" doesn't infringe upon my personal rights/freedoms. I'll stand 6 feet away from people in lines forever. But no way I'm wearing a mask in public for life.

I pretty much feel the same way.

If my company asks me to work from home forever; I'd do so; in some ways it works out in my favor. But at some point my kids have to go back to school and sport. It's more important to their development than sitting home forever to be "safe".

What it comes down to is that I am not at all willing to change my way of life just so I can save off death for one more day. Fear of dieing doesn't stop me from getting in my car; going on trips to remote places; why should it stop me from living my life like normal?

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
Honestly, I’ve had it!
I know others are feeling the same and it makes me a tad nervous.

I've totally had it.
I have to ware a mask or they wont let me in the grocery store.

first mandatory mask for the safety of others.
next mandatory vaccines it will have to effect our transportation or food chain.

When it comes to the vaccines the change I will except for my safety... is how I survive.
I will have to resort to any means without the vaccine.
and considering how many are on the same page its going to get bad.
I picture city blocks on fire and no one there to put it out.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

It really is that simple

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
None.

Once we start surrendering our freedoms to globalists, who caused this manufactured crisis, it is all over.

Who are they and why are they so desperate; what do they want? Why not just take the Communist principalities, the Marshal law Drug Lord lands, the Islam Totalitarian Dictatorships and leave the rest of the free world alone. Narrow the focus and they might achieve a goal...corralling (then getting into hand/managing) the planets undesirables.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   
No one's going to do anything.

They'll obey the laws as they are and will continue to. Everyone who gets on a soapbox and delivers a well-written, defiant post will continue dealing with it.

What are they going to do? Go outside and say enough is enough with guns? The only act of defiance so far was a small protest of the Democrat Governer of Michigan. I bet it felt good for them that day too, but what became of it? Nothing. If it were a Republican Governor issuing the same orders in line with the rest of the nation, the get together wouldn't have happened.

Flags were carried, people acted out, then they went home to comfort and slept. They talked on the internet and carried on with their daily lives. No one is defying orders because the orders aren't draconian and aren't even being enforced.
edit on 1-5-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Want to know whats different there is a warm home to return to, with food on the table right now.

What happens when safety and security are gone, food stamps are gone, unemployment is gone because the economy is beyond repair, and that dreaded second wave turns out to be a sparrows fart in a whirlwind.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Want to know whats different there is a warm home to return to, with food on the table right now.

What happens when safety and security are gone, food stamps are gone, unemployment is gone because the economy is beyond repair, and that dreaded second wave turns out to be a sparrows fart in a whirlwind.

I guess the only way to deal with this is to let people spread it, get sick, and some die from it. Spread it to the elderly and those at risk of serious illness and death from health problems.

It sounds like sarcasm and it'd never happen but it's true. The weak would be culled, survival of the fittest, and the economy would only take a bruise instead of a brutal maiming.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I wouldn't change anything from what it was before the outbreak, other than keeping public schools shut down. I'd revamp education standards to pre-1990's levels before I opened a single public school back up. If there was ever a time to to do it, it's now. I'm really ready for the dog groomer to open up, too. I'm sick of my Pekingese going outside in the morning and coming back in with her entire undercarriage soaked from the dew. If I cut her hair, she'll look like Dr. Evil's cat.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

What ever change you can spare. Coins or notes.

My preference is for larger denomination notes, but they can be, like, all crumpled up and dirty. Perhaps even torn. I don't mind.

That's what a job is for. You don't have to be a beggar when you have one.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Im2keul

Isn't it amazing how easily we accept this truth and laugh it off?

The supposed freest country in the world is also a country that openly lies to its people daily and has done so for 80+ years. tee hee, haha, lololol, etc.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Effing mask. I've been around a ton of people, touched tons of products, etc., and feel fine. I feel neutered when I have to wear a mask, so like you, I'll take my chances as well.

BTW, if you look at the CDC website, the deaths peaked in the week of 4/11 at 11,864. The week of 4/18 was around 8,000 and last week the deaths were just over 2,000. IF that data is right, then we're fine anyway. Most likely it's exaggerated.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I'm very surprised to know they're even building on your house right now.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Or continue to let those at most risk shelter in place and allow the majority of the populace roll the dice if they chose to and return to work to keep at least priority work going... like processing plants for meat, vegetables etc to minimize economic disruption.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
I’m a little scared of stories I’ve heard of young healthy people getting this and winding up with permanent damage.

They're just stories. They are young and healthy, they are young and obese/with pre-existing conditions.

Age is apparently far less a factor than the pre-existing conditions.

But even those can have good outcomes, if you learn how to effectively boost your immune system, before getting it, and if you do get it, how to effectively treat it without having to go to their deathspitals.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join