It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much change are you willing to accept to stay safe?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
With everyone weighing in on how / when / if life will get back to normal after or during the COVID pandemic; its pretty clear that every one has their own threshold as to how much change to their daily life they are willing to accept before they start to believe taking the risk of catching the disease and possibly dieing is preferable. When they reach that point they start to advocate for an end to the safety measures. Before they reach that point they don't understand why everyone one else doesn't agree with their value of safety over getting back to normal.

To name a few points on the spectrum;

There are people happy to continue or start living a complete isolated lifestyle for the rest of their lives.

There are people who have been living life as they normally would prior to the pandemic.

There are people who have been willing to isolate themselves for a few months now but think its time to be getting on with life.

And there are people who will be happy to remain isolated for a year or so until they are given a shot that might help their immune system fight the disease.

And more importantly it seems to me that each persons comfort level dictates how they imagine the world will be in the future. For example those who are comfortable with isolating for ever are likely the same people who think the world will never get back to normal.

So I was wondering, cause I'm board in my social isolation, with out predicting how COVID will end .... even divorcing our serves from COVID all together and instead imagining some unnamed danger ... what is your personal comfort level with changing your life style to remain safe from a possibly life threatening issue?

How much change are you willing to accept to stay safe?

And to make this more Apolitical let's imagine there is no oppressive government forcing you to make the choice. It just you calling the shots.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
no more, without honest data release from the powers that be.

unless there is something else hanging out there that's going to turn this into a zombie apocalypse or something the cure is going to be far harsher than the disease.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
None.

Once we start surrendering our freedoms to globalists, who caused this manufactured crisis, it is all over.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

It is not only death I am worried about. I am more worried about the more likely outcomes of hospitalization which will cost me a fortune or organ damage causing permanent quality of life issues and that I get to live with for the rest of my life.

Give me early treatment or I will fortress up as much as possible until they do.

It is actually not that big of change for me other than going into stores to get my crap and an occasional visit to the dentist or barber. Other than that, I stay home anyway.
edit on 30-4-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

going to be a haul and a half... s'all good though it really let's you see who you elect... how they react... change is always able..

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Agreed, however, I do not see any "honest data" ever being presented to the public.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

btw I elected for the other guy... lol

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Honestly, I’ve had it!
I know others are feeling the same and it makes me a tad nervous.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
How about we ‘change’ by defunding the WHO and the UN.

Then build a massive wall around the Sun to protect the sCaReD little lambs from coronal mass ejections.

One change I won’t be making, is “social distancing”.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

back to work Monday in Illinois, 7 of us out of a nation wide 2400? maybe more now they still hire when they were paying me to sit home... 7 people out of all those, am I just a guinee pig or what? lmao I'm going stir crazy so I signed some waivers.. ready to get back to the grind man... wtf

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

What ever change you can spare. Coins or notes.

My preference is for larger denomination notes, but they can be, like, all crumpled up and dirty. Perhaps even torn. I don't mind.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Since when did "change" become synonymous with infringement of rights?

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Was happy to do social distancing for a short while to get past the peak. There was no peak. It's time to get this show back on the road. I have seriously bad allergies and sinuses and can't breathe in those stupid masks- I'll take my chances.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
No more. None. The decisions being made are nonsensical. Now the state leadership is proven untrustworthy. Perhaps even malicious.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

back to work Monday in Illinois, 7 of us out of a nation wide 2400? maybe more now they still hire when they were paying me to sit home... 7 people out of all those, am I just a guinee pig or what? lmao I'm going stir crazy so I signed some waivers.. ready to get back to the grind man... wtf

Of course you are a guinea pig. The rest of us thank you for your sacrifice.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Considering the only change has been no travel for work, and not going out to eat constantly, I'm saving money in general. Not everyone is cut out for the whole thing though, so as long as I don't have to travel for work again, everything can open right back up for all I care. I will not be going out to eat any longer as it's so much cheaper to make food at home. My work has also stated at the board level that those with compromised immune systems that make them susceptible to this virus more so than average, will be the last people asked to travel like normal. So I imagine another 6+ months of working from home for me, which gives the rest of society time to kick back up and me to find a job that would no longer require travel at all. It also allows time for my house to be completed, so less cabin fever in my apartment, and I can get to know the local farmers so I don't have to do as much grocery shopping and can buy direct from the source.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

All of it i suppose.

Kind of what humans do, that being, perseve, adapt, and overcome.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Since when did "change" become synonymous with infringement of rights?

I'm beginning to remember a recent Chief Executive inter-
changing that "change" thing with his campaign promise to
"...fundamentally transform America."

There's a real sentence ender, that last one. I personally
would have given him a hardcopy of 'Morals and Dogma'
to read after my dream of a nice LONG sentence stuck
to him somehow. And I didn't vote for him...

EDIT:: I have been lax at advertising thread bumps, maybe
I'm plain shy. But the OP title is simultaneously so wide open
and pretty much antithetical to my last ten years: the only
reason I'm sticking around is for sick comedy and weight loss.
edit on 30-4-2020 by derfreebie because: Pillsbury Doughboy meets Dimmu Borgir. All Rise.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I've been living my life the same as I always have been. I'm not worried about the future. I've learned the skills needed to survive most situations. Only thing I'd have to worry about is direct impact from some CBR event if one were to ever happen.

I'd say most importantly is that I've accepted my mortality. I know I won't live forever as I currently am. I have no idea what is in store for me, if anything awaits me, after I pass from this life. But that's life. I live within my means and try to live life the way I want.

What has affected me the most is all the people who have had whatever inexplorable reason to leave their homes bother me with their anxiety and panic.

As far as the changes go. I couldn't give a rat's ass about what the government dictates. I have a decent moral compass, and if the government or state tries to tell me or pass legislation that says I can't practice rights to life, travel and self-defence I'll do so anyways even if it costs me my life doing so.

I'd rather die free doing what I love than live obediently/grudgingly to scum who'd rather profit off of crises and subjugation.
edit on 3042020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3042020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Its funny.. we started hollering way too early. This would have fit perfectly if done in this day. Ah well, Im digging up old bones, but listen to the words.. youll get it. I hope it hits you where it should.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join