It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Can Hollywood Survive Caronavirus?" cnbc asks.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: one4all
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Lol....the World now Knows...full stop.....its over.

It is? That's fairly pessimistic as a world view.

There are some amazing shows on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime etc.

Ozark season 3 was top notch. I think you'd enjoy it.

Tik-Tok..Tic-Tok….says the Big Clock.

Yes there are still some Anti-Humanitarian weaponised pieces of MSM out there and some are still actively being made...but these are what we call DEATH THROES.

You are working on the premise that evil is natural and nature supports its existance...THAT EVEN IN MINISCULE AMOUNTS THE POISON WILL ALWAY BE AROUND .....but....LMAO...the rest of the Planet does not SEE IT THIS WAY....THEY SEE IT AS AN ANOMOLY AS AN UN-NATURAL STATE OF BEING AND THE WORLD HAS CHOSEN TO REMEDIATE THIS UN-NATURAL STATE OF BEING......bad turn of events for you IMHO.

Spin-Doctor that....lol.

edit on 16-4-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tundra

I love that song! Mirror in the bathroom may be more appropriate though...

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Yes there are still some Anti-Humanitarian weaponised pieces of MSM out there and some are still actively being made...but these are what we call DEATH THROES.

You are working on the premise that evil is natural and nature supports its existance...THAT EVEN IN MINISCULE AMOUNTS THE POISON WILL ALWAY BE AROUND .....but....LMAO...the rest of the Planet does not SEE IT THIS WAY....THEY SEE IT AS AN ANOMOLY AS AN UN-NATURAL STATE OF BEING AND THE WORLD HAS CHOSEN TO REMEDIATE THIS UN-NATURAL STATE OF BEING......bad turn of events for you IMHO.

Spin-Doctor that....lol.

Look, points aside just a friendly word of advice. Stop the Caps. It makes you look unstable.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Spin-Doctor that....lol.

Look, points aside just a friendly word of advice. Stop the Caps. It makes you look unstable.

No it doesn't....sorry that didn't Spin-Doctor so well for you now did it?.

That's what Caps are used for.Emphasis.Can you feel the Love?

Fear not Humanitarian Stability is being delivered in an expedient manner as we speak.Dont look surprised either ok?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Hollywood as well as TV has been on the down slide for many years because of technology and mainly because their products in most cases are terrible. Look at how many movies that come out now are straight to video/streaming or how many can't cover their production costs at the box office.

When was the last time a really good original movie came out that had to be seen in the theatre and had huge Buzz worldwide?

How many occur every year?

Whether you agree with their politics or not they have many more issues than just that.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Spin-Doctor that....lol.

No it doesn't....sorry that didn't Spin-Doctor so well for you now did it?.

That's what Caps are used for.Emphasis.Can you feel the Love?

Fear not Humanitarian Stability is being delivered in an expedient manner as we speak.Dont look surprised either ok?

Hey you keep on being you with the caps then. Free country and all, I was just being friendly.

Do you think "Hollywood" in general has an agenda? Are there some specific movies/examples that are the most obvious or egregious you can list real quick off the top f your head?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
Hollywood as well as TV has been on the down slide for many years because of technology and mainly because their products in most cases are terrible. Look at how many movies that come out now are straight to video/streaming or how many can't cover their production costs at the box office.

When was the last time a really good original movie came out that had to be seen in the theatre and had huge Buzz worldwide?

How many occur every year?

Whether you agree with their politics or not they have many more issues than just that.

This.

The issue is ORIGINALITY and taking a chance.

Hollywood is now entirely run as a world wide corporation. Its a money game so it is simple to see how the "independent" movies I grew up with are gone.

They are scared to take a chance and now everything is a rotten tomato score or a "like" and the real audience is saying,

What the hell do idiots know about a good movie?

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc

Better question: Does it deserve to?

No. 2nd

But your avatar...where would you get the funny?

Times have changed. Me and a group of friends (under 10 of course,) make our own.

So you are influenced by Hollywood and make an avatar with one of their characters

and I make a homemade avatar cause I am illiterate in the ways of the "cool guys" on the internet

and I am the bad guy for liking the art of making movies? Sounds like you are influenced by pop culture more than you may want to admit.

I enjoy being a nerd and somewhat revel in my ignorance of the internet.

That is pretty ignorant for you to say considering you dont know me. Alot of people are influenced by pop culture. That doesn't mean my influences come directly from hollywood. Music, movies, video games, visual art, digital art, whatever kind of art it might be. I tend to lurk outside the box when it comes to this. Although there are some that come from hollywood pop culture, I can say there not many.IBy the way, I didn't "make" that avatar cool guy.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc

Better question: Does it deserve to?

No. 2nd

But your avatar...where would you get the funny?

Times have changed. Me and a group of friends (under 10 of course,) make our own.

So you are influenced by Hollywood and make an avatar with one of their characters

and I make a homemade avatar cause I am illiterate in the ways of the "cool guys" on the internet

and I am the bad guy for liking the art of making movies? Sounds like you are influenced by pop culture more than you may want to admit.

I enjoy being a nerd and somewhat revel in my ignorance of the internet.

That is pretty ignorant for you to say considering you dont know me. Alot of people are influenced by pop culture. That doesn't mean my influences come directly from hollywood. Music, movies, video games, visual art, digital art, whatever kind of art it might be. I tend to lurk outside the box when it comes to this. Although there are some that come from hollywood pop culture, I can say there not many.IBy the way, I didn't "make" that avatar cool guy.

Hey no argument this is a silly early am discussion about hollywood and I pointed out the avatar you choose to represent yourself with is taken from the very place you are deriding.

Thats all. Edit to add I really do love the English Beat
edit on 16-4-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
That's part of the problem, influence shouldn't come from people playing other characters. It should come from people doing and teaching right from wrong, good vs evil, and those who know how to cook properly. Hollywood can crash and burn as far as I'm concerned, most of them and their movies are trash, filled with violence they then speak out against in public, they're mostly just a bunch of pretty hypocrites.

And if emphasis is needed, there are text tools to use here. All CAPS is bad... very bad...

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I automatically discount and ignore people who abuse the caps button but they are nowhere near as bad as the people who post everything in one giant block of text because they are too stupid to make proper paragraphs.

Hollywood is a low-imagination wonderland filled with sycophants and gorgeous users but there's also waitstaff who write brilliant screenplays in their off-hours, musicians who make cool records no one else has heard of yet and other beautiful, creative dreamers.

In a world filled to the brim with bitter drop-outs, wannabe internet revolutionaries and other online trash, I'll take a make-up artist, grip or gaffer any day of the week.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
That's part of the problem, influence shouldn't come from people playing other characters. It should come from people doing and teaching right from wrong, good vs evil, and those who know how to cook properly. Hollywood can crash and burn as far as I'm concerned, most of them and their movies are trash, filled with violence they then speak out against in public, they're mostly just a bunch of pretty hypocrites.

And if emphasis is needed, there are text tools to use here. All CAPS is bad... very bad...

Storytelling is as old as we are. It is important as it is part of who we are.

We do it in a way here on ATS.

Almost all of the stories, movies, plays, songs we know are the same plot or chord structures. We are locked on crap because anyone can make a movie now, but it has swung back to some great stuff in the last few years.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
dbl

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The answer to the question isn't a yes or no.
Hollywood will survive but it won't be the same Hollywood that it was.

First look at the movie theatres..
AMC is already going to fail.
China owns a huge chunk of AMC by the way.

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

Lots of independent theatres will fall too and that will hurt the box office money.

This whole situation is not going to stop movies from being made but it will end many of the $250 million blockbusters.
Tom cruise might have to take a pay cut too.

Lets also not forget about Disney.
The own several large blockbuster movie franchises and they are in big trouble right now.
Their parks are closed.
Their cruise ships are parked. Including three under construction that need paid for.
ESPN is broadcasting pro athletes playing video games....lol.. And the on air personalities are being asked to take pay cuts.

www.nbcnews.com...

No, Hollywood is not going to die but it probably won't be the same monster.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing. I've seen most of them but missed this one. These were the best. A shame the Onion got totally ruined. It really needed it's own network. The co anchor Tracy Gill flies planes in real life. A very good pilot. Super intelligent woman. Hard to believe she got into doing this segment but she kills it. One thing I loved about these old Onion bits, they never broke character and the writing was amazing. One of my favorites is the "idget" voter sketch.

edit on 16-4-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Thanks for sharing. I've seen most of them but missed this one. These were the best. A shame the Onion got totally ruined. It really needed it's own network. The co anchor Tracy Gill flies planes in real life. A very good pilot. Super intelligent woman. Hard to believe she got into doing this segment but she kills it. One thing I loved about these old Onion bits, they never broke character and the writing was amazing. One of my favorites is the "idget" voter sketch.

??

Are you making fun of me?

Herman T Zweibel, editor of the Onion is my step father.

This is some news that may bolster the "Hollywood is Satan" argument. The EPA suggests using less slutty sluts in the future.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Spin-Doctor that....lol.

The caps are only 1/4 of what make him look unstable.

Last scene of Season 3 of Ozark....Gaddammmnnn that dropped my jaw. Easily my favorite show since Breaking Bad/Lost.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

Spin-Doctor that....lol.

The caps are only 1/4 of what make him look unstable.

Last scene of Season 3 of Ozark....Gaddammmnnn that dropped my jaw. Easily my favorite show since Breaking Bad/Lost.

Oh hell yes! That show grew on me and by the end of the last season I was kinda pissed it was over.

Amazing writing and acting.

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
I automatically discount and ignore people who abuse the caps button but they are nowhere near as bad as the people who post everything in one giant block of text because they are too stupid to make proper paragraphs.

Hollywood is a low-imagination wonderland filled with sycophants and gorgeous users but there's also waitstaff who write brilliant screenplays in their off-hours, musicians who make cool records no one else has heard of yet and other beautiful, creative dreamers.

In a world filled to the brim with bitter drop-outs, wannabe internet revolutionaries and other online trash, I'll take a make-up artist, grip or gaffer any day of the week.

I can certainly vouch for the musicians. This is the only forum I post on outside of musician forums and over the last 25 years have made some great friendships with musicians around the world thanks to the internet. There’s a core group of friends who live and work in LA and while many have started up successful YouTube channels (Pete Thorn and Tim Pierce have OUTSTANDING channels you may dig), they’re main source of income comes from touring and studio sessions. In Tim’s case, the guy has played on thousands of albums over the years. It’s safe to say that *everyone* has heard Tim’s playing unless you honestly live under as rock. But even the lesser known guys out there, it’s just the same for them and they’re taking harder hits because they can’t fall back on a YouTube channel or online lessons that fill up due to their smaller billing.

I got defensive several times on here when I saw some members claiming musicians were the last group of people to deserve unemployment/assistance during this. For the musicians who have actually learned how to keep their bills paid by playing an instrument, I’ve got nothing but the utmost respect. For over 20 years I worked at it and had years of ups and downs in the business (mostly because I’m stubborn and refused to play outside of the metal genre) and finally threw in the towel when I bought a house and got married at 36. (Funnily enough, I’m more content now with my home studio and good paying job)

Nashville is another place where musicians are taking a huge hit. While there are still several large studios in LA, Nashville has become the hotbed for musicians in the last 15 years. A majority of the A-league musicians these days all travel to Nashville to get their recording done.

And that’s not even getting into the symphonic aspect of it, I’m just talking about guitarists, drummers, bassists, etc.
At the end of the day, those guys can all record themselves at home and send it to a producer or musician they’re working for, if you’re in an orchestra you’re f*cked. I’ve yet to hear of one orchestra doing any kind of long distance work. It’s practically impossible unless everyone had the same quality studio and knowledge of recording gear and even then, it’d take forever for someone to take all those individual files and bounce them into a project, as they’re generally recorded in large groups, not single takes. That’s also part of the reason synths and VST’s have become the new norm for soundtracks in the last 30 years.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join