It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protest planned for Michigan: Operation Gridlock

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: JinMI

Yep, temporary. Just like that whole patriot act...thing.

...yawn

As I understand it the patriot act was introduced to combat terrorism , it could be argued that as terrorism still exists the patriot act thing still exists.

Terrorism has always existed and we did well long before the Patriot Act.

Thank the gods we didn't have viruses before the covid!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
What can you say about a state that does not allow the sale of guns, seeds, plants, baby car seats, house paint, and weed killer.

This is the problem in a nutshell. The restrictions are completely arbitrary, heavy-handed, and defy any kind of logical justification.

You're free to gamble your money away, but can't plant a garden? My kids are not allowed to go visit their grandparents (who live 2 blocks away), but I can go buy weed?

Shush up and eat your McDonald's at home!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not defending it just pointing out then and now are different , if the laws remain on statute after the current crisis has ended then is the time for protest.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
You do understand the reasoning of non-essential journeys. Yeah, it's about stopping the spread of the virus but it's more about if you have an accident and have to be admitted to hospital. Will you then grumble about not having a bed or lying in a corridor for a few days.
Not withstanding the total BS about empty hospitals, you put yourself in that situation not the virus patient, yet you'll want treatment immediately on an overstretched system.
And don't say you wont have an accident, no one can foresee that eventuality.

Not sure what is BS about empty hospitals, the more rural hospitals have had to release staff due to not being needed due to the decline of admittance. The staff are on call if needed.

Even that brand new 1000 bed facility in hotspot Detroit has been degraded to only 250 beds since not enough patients have become serious enough to fill the space.

God forbid anyone die in an accident...it seems that nowadays, almost every death is Covid 19 related thus justifying the State's emergency request for Federal Funding.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Dammit ... now I'm confused.

Are we filling up all our emptied-out liquor bottles with just gasoline for the effect ... or are we adding Tide Soap in there to burn that mofo down?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I'd like to burn it down, personally.

But I am filling my empty liquor bottles with more liquor.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I've been monitoring this quite regularly, it's even been front & center in national news sources & local news well out of state (FOX, USA Today, various local news) Hopefully, it inspires the hell out of others to say Enough as close to their politicians' capitol nests as possible.

Out of the dozen houses on this street, only two are still working households. 1/6th of the households still having work to go to every day is unacceptable. Taking it upon yourself to decide which businesses deserve to stay afloat and which ones aren't essential enough to give a damn about is insulting at best.
Telling us what is and isn't "essential" to purchase is unacceptable. Telling people getting the supplies to grow their own food is not essential, but turning around and saying booze, pot and lotto tickets are is fighting words here. Michiganders are fed up, pissed off, and have had enough.

We still have the right to assemble & protest heavy-handedness , even Governor DipWhit acquiesced there. I'm not a driver and we don't have a second car for me to drive out there, and carpooling with people outside your household is being very strongly discouraged by the organizers. But I'm going to be watching livestreams, and there in spirit.

Between the protest, many state lawmakers backing the public and not her, and the current 220,000+ signatures on the recall petition, she should be getting a little forehead perspiration by now. Go get 'em, Michigan. They work for us in Lansing, not the other way around. It's time to remind them of that.
edit on 4/14/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

What does Tide soap do to gasoline?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

But I am filling my empty liquor bottles with more liquor.

I don't have your skillsets, but I've bought by the case recently.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
What does Tide soap do to gasoline?

uhhh ... think of it as something like the Tide Pod Challenge. LOL

Smells like ... victory.

edit on 1442020 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I can see both sides. There are currently 35 active cases in my town of 470 thousand.

I didn’t think my country would ever fall into shear hysteria, but I have watched it happen. My company is one of the essential services, but to appease the Governor and my Mayor, I have taken a pause, closed for two week. The men are At home, sheltering in place and being paid out of my pocket. On April the 20th we are going to reopen. My people have to go back to work. I am being compelled by a contractor to, man our jobs, since we are an essential industry, I have little choice. And frankly it gives me an excuse to do what I want to anyway. I would never force anyone to work, but I will accept A resignation if anyone is to afraid to work.

Personally I don’t even feel like the virus is the problem. Fear is the the problem. Total abject fear of not doing what your told. So few Americans can think for themselves, that it’s no wonder the Governor’s have taken complete control of the states. These Governor’s only have power if you let them. Simple choice as I see it, I’d rather die on my feet as live on my knees. Do as you will.
edit on 14-4-2020 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

I'm hoping it goes a little sideways, someone needs to put some fear into the politicians.

I'd like to see it go more than a little sideways, to be honest. It's been a couple centuries since the American people put the fear of God in tyrants and fertilized the tree of liberty... now really seems like a great time to remind politicians what happens to tyrants when the American citizen is properly pissed off at them.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I'd like to see it go more than a little sideways, to be honest. It's been a couple centuries since the American people put the fear of God in tyrants and fertilized the tree of liberty... now really seems like a great time to remind politicians what happens to tyrants when the American citizen is properly pissed off at them.

If it were solely confined to politicians I wouldn't object.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

I'm hoping it goes a little sideways, someone needs to put some fear into the politicians.

That'd be awesome in theory, puting the Second to good use for once, but it would just be shooting ourselves in the foot & triggering harsher crackdowns and restrictions. Violence out the gate isn't the answer. Maybe if this protest and a second one doesn't move the governor any, maybe it would be worth considering for round three.

The "Third Time's The Charm" method would seem to be a wiser route. Two chances, then all bets are off.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Ok, go ahead and plug viruses into where you typed terrorism

There's no vaccine for terrorism there will be a vaccine for this virus.

If nothing else this virus is a wake up call for governments around the world , lessons must be learned.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Point being, there will always be another virus. Just like there will almost always be extremists and zealots.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I am kind of curious why other states aren't doing this?
Is our governor the worst? Are they ok with what is going on in their state?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Oh. You're a wealth of knowledge Snarl. Thank you!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

There was always the danger that one of these little HItlers would go too far.

Ask people nicely and explain the situation and most will comply, but start making your demands unreasonable like Whitmer has, and this is what happens.

The cure becomes worse than the disease and people decide that what the governor is really after is control and not public health.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I am kind of curious why other states aren't doing this?
Is our governor the worst? Are they ok with what is going on in their state?

All things considered, I think Michigan is the most restrictive and suffocating at the moment. That's not to say some dolt won't step up and outdo Whitmer's decrees, but we're dealing with & getting national attention for some of the harshest restrictions in the country right now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join