It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protest planned for Michigan: Operation Gridlock

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Let's hope not. You know they will just use it as justification for more clampdown.

So they should sit around like passive sheep? No, they need to make themselves heard and do it loudly.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
What can you say about a state that does not allow the sale of guns, seeds, plants, baby car seats, house paint, and weed killer.

Where landscapers cannot work.
Where boating is not allowed....despite those lakes you see around the state.

I think the governor should know that residents don't mind social distancing, but that some of these measures go way too far.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

(post by JinMI removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: pavil
Let's hope not. You know they will just use it as justification for more clampdown.

So they should sit around like passive sheep? No, they need to make themselves heard and do it loudly.

Did you mean to be puny?

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

Liquor Stores = Essential = OPEN

Unemployment Offices = Non-Essential = CLOSED

Michigan Governor is on Joe Biden's VP Short list. Bad idea.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

edit on 14-4-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Great idea, the check you got from the feds this week will be enough to pay the thousand dollar fine for going to the capitol to protest. Who is planning this, someone secretely working for the state of Michigan? You have the right to protest, just not the right to be out in public at this time.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Did you mean to be puny?

LOL, I should have out herd to be funny.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

Ofcourse lottery and liquor and pot stores will be open. They need money for their paychecks still . Dont matter that a lot of people are bRoke and not working so long as the state gets their pay right?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Did you read the posts and articles? We all have the right to “peacefully assemble”. No executive order will stop me from doing so. And as we will be in our cars, like I already stated. We aren’t in any legal fog, pertaining to the “order”.... it’s time we starting implementing actions on the ones WE pay. ! TOGETHER WE STAND!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

"You have the right to protest, just not the right to be out in public at this time."

Beg your pardon?
Did someone change a law?

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You do understand the reasoning of non-essential journeys. Yeah, it's about stopping the spread of the virus but it's more about if you have an accident and have to be admitted to hospital. Will you then grumble about not having a bed or lying in a corridor for a few days.
Not withstanding the total BS about empty hospitals, you put yourself in that situation not the virus patient, yet you'll want treatment immediately on an overstretched system.
And don't say you wont have an accident, no one can foresee that eventuality.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Great idea, the check you got from the feds this week will be enough to pay the thousand dollar fine for going to the capitol to protest. Who is planning this, someone secretely working for the state of Michigan? You have the right to protest, just not the right to be out in public at this time.

Cant agree with you here Ricky.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse You have the right to protest, just not the right to be out in public at this time.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yep, temporary. Just like that whole patriot act...thing.

...yawn

As I understand it the patriot act was introduced to combat terrorism , it could be argued that as terrorism still exists the patriot act thing still exists.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

...yawn

As I understand it the patriot act was introduced to combat terrorism , it could be argued that as terrorism still exists the patriot act thing still exists.

Terrorism has always existed and we did well long before the Patriot Act.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Well then, from what I understand, its a good thing they are doing this tomorrow, as the what, 4, 5 hospitals in Lansing, where this protest is to be, are not even close to capacity.

So, if by some small chance, an accident is to happen, they should be just fine.

edit on 14-4-2020 by chiefsmom because: spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

...yawn

Ok, go ahead and plug viruses into where you typed terrorism.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
What can you say about a state that does not allow the sale of guns, seeds, plants, baby car seats, house paint, and weed killer.

This is the problem in a nutshell. The restrictions are completely arbitrary, heavy-handed, and defy any kind of logical justification.

You're free to gamble your money away, but can't plant a garden? My kids are not allowed to go visit their grandparents (who live 2 blocks away), but I can go buy weed?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join