It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protest planned for Michigan: Operation Gridlock

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
As a resident that’s within driving distance to the Capital; I will probably be there tomorrow at “high noon”. I do believe this governor and many others have gone off the deep end with there draconian and dictator-like oversteps. How can liquor and lottery be essential and available for sale, but not items to plant, or paint, or anything for home improvement and just good ol’ Peace of mind. I hope it goes well, but tensions are high and could (like many other protests) go sideways..... but it IS OUR RIGHT! (And duty) to ensure this Orwellian Leaders know THEY work for US!
Protest against stay at home order

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
As a resident that’s within driving distance to the Capital; I will probably be there tomorrow at “high noon”. I do believe this governor and many others have gone off the deep end with there draconian and dictator-like oversteps. How can liquor and lottery be essential and available for sale, but not items to plant, or paint, or anything for home improvement and just good ol’ Peace of mind. I hope it goes well, but tensions are high and could (like many other protests) go sideways..... but it IS OUR RIGHT! (And duty) to ensure this Orwellian Leaders know THEY work for US!
Protest against stay at home order

Sorry, and it's our right. And I disagree...but I see it differently
EMT

+36 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SeektoUnderstand

I'm hoping it goes a little sideways, someone needs to put some fear into the politicians. Not violent mind you, just a huge dose of outraged citizenry making their elected officials know they've completely overstepped.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

This will be interesting on quite a few levels.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

People actually thinking that they can exercise their 1st Amendment rights.

pfft!

You'll be listed as virus-carriers, actually be made guilty until you can prove your innocence.

Maybe the camps they send you to will be nice.

Like have volleyball and canoeing.

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

So rather than help your country contain this virus and so restart your economy you choose instead to stand with others and cry about lost freedoms ... even though it is a temporary measure.

If the measures are not removed when no longer necessary then is the time to stand up and fight for your rights.

Couldn't read the article , I'm European.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

That’s the beauty of America. “Freedom of expression” no matter how warped it is....

But people need their vices; and not ones that will create more hardships like alcoholism and debt (I’ve known both) but painting, art, language, carpentry, gardening, landscaping, music, and anything else that feeds your mind and soul.....

Those are what make us human and allow us to coexist with differences, take them away and we are all just drugged out, drunk and broke robots relying on a government that only has themselves in mind.

This will NOT increase anymore traffic than there already is,the people in the stores are already there anyways.....I work at Costco and we received over 100k in Live goods(trees, flowers, hedges, etc) the day before this overstep and it will all most certainly die now. Not to mention the entire gardening, and nursery industry in Michigan will likely be crippled extremely, if not totally collapse. It’s almost a billion dollar industry, with 10s of thousands of jobs.

+36 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yep, temporary. Just like that whole patriot act...thing.

...yawn

+17 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

So rather than help your country contain this virus and so restart your economy you choose instead to stand with others and cry about lost freedoms ... even though it is a temporary measure.

If the measures are not removed when no longer necessary then is the time to stand up and fight for your rights.

Couldn't read the article , I'm European.

I thought Europeans knew how to read. . . .

Damned Brexit!

(post by RazorV66 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Double post sorry
edit on 14-4-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

We will be in cars, practicing the social distancing. We aren’t “all together” in a group but will block off the streets around the capital and use signs, speakers,etc to convey our displeasure.

So yeah we aren’t “spreading” anything except our god given right to say “ Enough is Enough”!
edit on 14-4-2020 by SeektoUnderstand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm hoping it goes a little sideways, someone needs to put some fear into the politicians. Not violent mind you, just a huge dose of outraged citizenry making their elected officials know they've completely overstepped.

Let's hope not. You know they will just use it as justification for more clampdown.

Can't wait till we can get the signatures for a recall working. ...... Or will that be disallowed after this is over?

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

It’s simple, because liquor and lottery sales makes the state money. They can take from you but they will be damned if you take it from them.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeektoUnderstand
a reply to: mysterioustranger

That’s the beauty of America. “Freedom of expression” no matter how warped it is....

But people need their vices; and not ones that will create more hardships like alcoholism and debt (I’ve known both) but painting, art, language, carpentry, gardening, landscaping, music, and anything else that feeds your mind and soul.....

Those are what make us human and allow us to coexist with differences, take them away and we are all just drugged out, drunk and broke robots relying on a government that only has themselves in mind.

This will NOT increase anymore traffic than there already is,the people in the stores are already there anyways.....I work at Costco and we received over 100k in Live goods(trees, flowers, hedges, etc) the day before this overstep and it will all most certainly die now. Not to mention the entire gardening, and nursery industry in Michigan will likely be crippled extremely, if not totally collapse. It’s almost a billion dollar industry, with 10s of thousands of jobs.

Good luck.

Southeast of you, Wayne County

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Finally.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Good luck OP!

I support all of you doing it.
I actually have to work.
I'm curious to see how much support this gets from the "average" citizen?

I hope a lot!

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Why don't they give them away and let people make donations, if they choose.

I know it is a bit different in the country, but it is common for folk to put their excess in bags in front of their homes, with signs that say free for the taking. People stop and take a bag of fruit or produce at no cost, but many will leave a donation in the mailbox.

I live in Florida now but we used to do this in Minnesota too.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

and cry about lost freedoms

I say booooooooooooo to you.

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

It’s simple, because liquor and lottery sales makes the state money. They can take from you but they will be damned if you take it from them.

Our recreational Marijuana stores are also open....(Mich)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join