It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Move over Columbus, Native Americans & Vikings: Monkeys crossed the Atlantic first

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Oh ill read it when I get back to the house Sunday. You were actually the one who suggested I get Bones in the first place. It's been on my short list for awhile. It just took me a lot longer to get through all of the books and papers I have on Kensington Man.

If it makes you feel better, in grad school I was looking into H. Sapiens Neanderthal admixture but could onlyuse morphological features to draw comparisons because the genetic tech wasn't up to snuff for another decade so the Swedish sob, Svante Paabo beat me to it.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
If it makes you feel better, in grad school I was looking into H. Sapiens Neanderthal admixture but could onlyuse morphological features to draw comparisons because the genetic tech wasn't up to snuff for another decade so the Swedish sob, Svante Paabo beat me to it.

Hey, Anthropology is a dangerous game!

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Isn't that the truth! I won't lie, I miss digging and getting filthy and soaked and exhausted but everything I did in the army is catching up with me finally.

Though with the.titanium femur and the fused discs and all the metal in my neck makesme hopeful they'll find my remains in the future and the conspiracy theories that formaround my metal reinforced Bones

edit on 24-4-2020 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Isn't that the truth! I won't lie, I miss digging and getting filthy and soaked and exhausted but everything I did in the army is catching up with me finally.
Though with the.titanium femur and the fused discs and all the metal in my neck makesme hopeful they'll find my remains in the future and the conspiracy theories that formaround my metal reinforced Bones
Metal endoskeleton. Not sure where you're located...we now have the joy of ticks, due to the none-existing climate change. Takes some fun out of the field season.
To get back on track, though, interesting to read of the non-indigenous pill beetles at LAM.

posted on Apr, 24 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I thought you would like that little detail about the Greenland Pill Beetles. And for what it's worth, I live in upstate NY. So I should make a point to visit LEM this summer ifI can swing it.

posted on Apr, 25 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I should make a point to visit LEM this summer if I can swing it.

Islands laden with primates floating across the Atlantic aside, (though the concept adds a little texture to Thomas Lees's Sheguiandah), LAM is where humanity came full circle on the Earth...those who went east met those who went west. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with a great visitor's centre, and you can walk the lands walked by the Norse. The place is magic...but then, that's Newfoundland.

Go. Just go.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I hate to tell you this, but monkeys crossing the Atlantic ocean isn't suppression of history. It's just a fun interesting fact of the ancient past that we previously did not know. Nobody's been holding back the monkey's claim over first land species to cross the ocean being suppressed to ensure promotion of homo sapiens only. I bet they suppressed homo erectus boats, too.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: Barcs

Maybe they were carried in the raft made by prehistoric men.

If only it was 35,000 years ago instead of 35 million. Then you'd actually have humans around.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
You do know that Africa was joined to South America in the past.

Good observation, but the continents broke apart more than 75 million years before the monkey crossing. Granted the distance across the Atlantic is further today, it's still pretty incredible that they made it.
edit on 5 26 20 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join