It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN and others fear mongering Marijuana over Tobacco - Covid19

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Now *this* post is 100% correct and I am in full agreement.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: netwarrior

Now *this* post is 100% correct and I am in full agreement.

It is the smoke itself, not the chemicals in the cannabis that is the problem, I forgot they vape it now. Old school I guess. Eating it in things is good, the medical properties outweigh the negatives by a long shot. But it is a medicine, you use it to treat something, using it to get high is not treating a medical condition, although boredom could be considered a medical condition I suppose.

The UP of Michigan leads the country in the increase of Marijuana sales since the pandemic happened from what I hear.

edit on 10-4-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I am still stuck on the wrong side of the Green Curtain with a severe allergy to non-intravenously delivered opiates and a blistering case of psoriatic arthritis as well as multiple pinched nerves.

Guess what *does* work?

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

One of these days, people are going to waken to one simple, basic truth that used to be considered just simple common sense:

The more people you alienate, the less allies you have.

So you want to keep smoking pot, but you'll deny me my tobacco? Hah! Don't work like that, hoss. I've been pushing for legalization for years now, despite the fact that I don't use the stuff. But with that little diatribe against my vice of choice... nah, just go scratch your mad spot. I don't wanna hear it.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: netwarrior

I am still stuck on the wrong side of the Green Curtain with a severe allergy to non-intravenously delivered opiates and a blistering case of psoriatic arthritis as well as multiple pinched nerves.

Guess what *does* work?

Well, I would say that broth made from cartilageous beef bones or soups made with those soup bones.would help with the arthritis and I would say that cannabis would help to dampen the pain. Now, the cannabis does not fix those problems, it only lowers the pain and has anti-inflamitory chemistry. Cannabis also dampens the signal to keep the muscles from reacting too quickly....it dopes them.

The soup or broth would lower inflammation too, and the collagens help to moderate stuff and help form senovial fluid to lubricate joints.. other anti-inflamitory chemistries would taurine or bromelain. But those do not have the properties of the soup bones by any means. Depending what is actually really causing the problem to occur, the treatment would vary.

Here is a strange thing, I get beef heart when I get my half cow. I grind it into hamburger. I noticed multiple times if I make meatloaf or use it as ground beef, my backpain goes away if I have it, so does my joint pain. There are about three chemistries in it that could be doing the trick, high levels of elastin fiber protein could be helping, or just the concentrated chemical that makes the heart not hurt when overstressed. I off hand don't remember the name, I think it is some sort of endocannabinoid containing chemical. It works fast, one hamburger works for two days, and I get stronger feeling within a half hour. The heart needs certain chemicals to keep from hurting.

I gave the raw ground heart to our really old cat and she was up and walking around all over the place, she was in pretty bad health, tumors and worn out joints and muscles, she was an outside cat for about seventeen years and died at almost twenty two years old. We took her in the last close to five years of her life after her hubby died from a twisted back with a resulting blood clot in the spine.. She was so crippled up when we brought her in, but she went down to the basement and licked the white mold off the paint on the bottom six inches of the walls there and got way better, at seventeen she was running circles around the other way younger inside cats. I wonder what was in that, I tried to research it and tasted it and it sort of tastes like the brei cheese coating, so that would be penicillin. A hell of a lot of it. The other female cat goes down and looks for it now, but it is gone. I should move some stuff so she can get some of it, she was taught by the older cat. I wish I had the ability to test to see what some chemistries are, I will have to win the powerball and make a huge lab.
edit on 10-4-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Listen I understand you're much older than me and I respect that and thanks for engaging in the thread. When you're bringing up marijuana info from WebMb or American Lung Association, please include their pages of cigarettes too. It's insane how different the severity is per those health organizations.

We live in a society of headlines and you'll score points with people if you just shoot from the hip/arm chair philosopher style on everything.

Which brings me back to my OP, that since all major health organizations know cigarettes are one of the top killers in the United States and marijuana has never killed anyone, then they should have made a Covid19 article about cigarettes than weed.

Because all that did was spread a bunch of fear and purposely left out the most dangerous thing you can smoke. 🚬

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior

How about this nonsense of pages of pages argument, moves to millions and millions of paperwork, that deals with almost 500,000 people dieing of cigarettes each year. Ok? Cool thanks.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
You have no proof of any link to cancer. There is no conclusive study period. You can link articles all you want. There is no consensus that marijuana causes cancer. The webmd article you linked debunked your own claims. You probably haven't read anything you linked.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucky109

You have no proof of any link to cancer.

Neither do you.

The link between cigarettes and lung cancer is based entirely on correlation and an age-old allegation. The incidence of lung cancer is higher in individuals who smoke tobacco, but there are also heavy smokers who live to ripe old ages and die of something totally unrelated. There are also people who have never smoked, whose family didn't smoke, but they wound up with lung cancer.

Cigarettes are not health food; I am not making that claim. I am saying that the evidence to support tobacco use as a direct cause of cancer may be older but is no stronger than any links between marijuana and health issues. In both cases, one is breathing hot vapors containing chemicals which do not exist in clean air (and in tobacco, many of those chemicals are actually mandated by government; "fire-safe" is code for "contains carpet glue"). Yeah, soak that joint in carpet glue and see how healthy it is.

TheRedneck

edit on 4/11/2020 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   

How can articles like these be published anymore?

I thought "reefer madness" movie was a thing of the past. And that mindset also.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499
I think you hit that head on. Since the lung association is a beneficiary of the tobacco settlement they are already getting their "cut", now they are laying the groundwork to take on "big cannabis". What a joke of a tactic. I'm chronic as hell and my lungs are great.....and I used to smoke cigs up until recently. This is fear propaganda
edit on 4 11 2020 by BerkshireEntity because: sp

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck I didn't make the claim. All I'm saying is that there is no conclusive evidence.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
That’s why they provide it for medical use? You have no evidence and are unwilling to show it for your claims but you still insist on them. Ignorance is strong with you.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
That’s why they provide it for medical use? You have no evidence and are unwilling to show it for your claims but you still insist on them. Ignorance is strong with you.

www.nhs.uk...

www.lung.org...

www.nhs.uk...

jamanetwork.com...

Now, I am not against cannabis, I might even get some seeds and plant my own since it is legal. I might smoke a little bit occasionally, I have epilepsy and it is a good medicine for epilepsy. When I decide to quit this OCD research into plant and food chemistry, I may decide to dumb myself down with some pot. It takes away my incentive to get ahead, it takes away my OCD, it takes away my inquisitive mind, I sit back and listen to music or maybe some of the dumb tv shows might look interesting again.

I use the hemp cannabinoid pills to control my epilepsy on occasion, but it dampens my reasoning, I can not use what I learn out of the box. I am stuck believing what I am told even though it is not correct since I cannot evaluate things properly, I basically start to act as bad as you.

There is good and bad to cannabis, I know a lot about the good stuff and I know quite a bit about the bad stuff too. It is a medicinal weed, if used correctly, it has good medical properties. But like all....I state again all...medicines it has some negative side effects, one of which is increased cancer risk from smoking it. That risk does not appear to be relevant in consuming it in edibles, and I have not actually researched to see what negative effects consuming it can have.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Pot is way harder on the lungs than Tobacco. It has more chance of causing cancer and some lung issues than tobacco does when smoked.

Cannabis is a good medicine, but it is not a wonder drug. overall, it can fix one problem and cause another problem just like pharma drugs can. People are trying to make it into a med that cures everything, I think those people must be smoking too much of it.

LOL. If you're trying to be sarcastic you're failing hard.

Marijuana worse then cigarettes. Sureeee.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I smoke the American Spirit organic roll your own, they’re awesome as an expectorant!

I noticed a huge difference in my lungs when I switched over to the roll your own. What tobacco do you smoke?

Regarding cannabis.
There’s this lady who has saved tons of stuff on the medicinal studies from A to Z, her name is Granny Stormcrow, she has an updated list.

hightimes.com...

I’ve been smoking cannabis and tobacco medicinally for some time now and have no negative effects, medicinal qualities from both and very healthy lungs. I only wish I could grow my own.

If cannabis smoke is so baaaaaad, how come my asthmatic friend smokes for relief? Oh yeah, cuz cannabis smoke acts as a bronchodilator and expectorant and improves breathing.

edit on 12-4-2020 by toastyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: toastyr

I smoke the American Spirit organic roll your own, they’re awesome as an

i switched to Native full flavor shorts ready rolled filters all natural no additives so they say about 5 years ago.
i use to smoke camels filters, and noticed a difference inside the first day. coughing was cut in half and the amount that i smoked was reduced, at first about 25%, then as time went on i'm down to about 50%. i hardly ever cough now and when i do it's because i took a big old draw and they can be a little harsh.

i'm kinda leaning towards the deal with name brand cigs is mostly that it's the chemicals used to cure and preserve them that cause most of the problems for people.
edit on 12-4-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Then I had the covid, cannabis was the only thing that helped. True story.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: toastyr

I like Gambler pipe tobacco... slightly different cut than cigarette tobacco, but it's pretty close and I love the taste!

Right now, I'm paying about $0.70 a pack... that's not a typo. $7.00 a carton, less than 4 pennies per cigarette. I can roll a pack in 15-20 minutes using a $6.00 slide machine while watching TV or reading. And like you, when I switched from Marlboro Reds (aka "cowboy killers") my smoker's cough went away. My lung capacity is that of a healthy 20-year-old, and even my cardiologist says smoking hasn't hurt my heart (that was cholesterol). It's the chemicals used by the cigarette manufacturers to speed up the curing (and those required by law) that cause the problems. Pipe tobacco is cured slower for flavor.

TheRedneck

edit on 4/12/2020 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
"God made weed, man made booze, who do you trust?"

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join