It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok go ahead and say the quarantine worked .

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I know. I'm not purplemer. But you asked what was the point. That seemed to me to have been the point and you seemed to agree since you said they should thank the US.

You have now refuted your point in that post.

I know your not Purplmer too! However due to association I will give you some stars. Stay safe.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
I'd say that the point is that if you apply "follow the money", the WHO isn't going to act against the party that is bankrolling them.

What you mean like the USA govnement and the gates foundation.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Great fair play. All being said the lock down is not working enough to stop the spread of the Virus in the US so this might go on a for a long time I guess.

There are different kinds of freedom I guess.

Freedom or Freedom from the Virus

Well that makes sense since the lock downs where never meant to stop the spread of the virus.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Yes it means if you look at the timeline and understand the limiations of the data you are looking at you can still see a potentially damaging disease. Plenty of evidence available to support this.

Whats you beef?

I said my beef in answering your over inflated/incorrect posts with real facts...

I'm not saying this is the normal flu, BUT it is also a lot less than first models were predicting since China's data was horrendously incorrect/falsified. They have never correctly given exposure rates and most likely death rates too, but their incorrect data was showing a 4% death rate which is HUGE! Now we are talking .2% as being much closer to reality. The US lethality models went from 2 million to 250k to 160k to 80k to 60k and now even less. Ventilators needed went from 200k to about 19k over the same time frame and is dropping very fast too. Beds the same way as in there is not a single hospital maxed out across all of America, and MOST have close to zero patients with 10,000s of medical workers laid off...

So you tell me exactly what is the potentially damage here?

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Sorry I dont that. The data is still out and varies so much from place to place it seems atm to be impossible to gage the real amount of damage it will cause.

I could argue a death rate similar to flu or give you a mortality rate nearing 20 percent depending on how you look at the data.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Well, asabuvsobelow did post a couple of articles about China being the WHO's new sugar daddy.

Guess the US's pimp hand wasn't strong enough to keep the WHO in line.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You digress from the information. Because you simply cannot handle the truth.

My point is that wikipedia is easy and typically good, BUT it is not reliable since anyone including you or me can edit at will and they do all the time for many reasons not always being the truth. I posted from a Jan 20 article with what they knew on Jan 20 and you counter me with a wikipedia timeline that has been edited a million times with basically a Jan 1 date for 41 cases...

My main point here was even if wikipedia says 41 cases on Jan 1 that wasn't information known back on Jan 20...does that make sense?

edit on 12-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I could argue a death rate similar to flu or give you a mortality rate nearing 20 percent depending on how you look at the data.

Would you say that current updated models are showing a much lower lethality than lets say a month ago?

These were you words yesterday "now pay the heavy price" and that has been your point in the past 20 posts of yours that America has failed and will now pay the heavy price... right?

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

My main point here was even if wikipedia says 41 cases on Jan 1 that wasn't information known back on Jan 20...does that make sense?

Yes it makes sense. Happy days to you.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Yes I do think the USA will pay a heavy price for its inaction. I think it already is. The Uk is not far behind in second place and I would hope government is called to account for its lack of action

I dont think its possible to tell yet. The data is still out. There are different covid tests.

There are lots of variables.

Different tests are more sensitive to the disease when its in different states (this may be why we get so many false readings.

There are different methods of collecting the data that give false readings. ie doing a test wrong.

There is also the amount of peeps being tested. the type of people and different health aliments / age factor

Different levels of health care available.

Also add to that can you trust any of the data. I dont know and I guess that is just where they want us atm.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Yes I do think the USA will pay a heavy price for its inaction. I think it already is.
Also add to that can you trust any of the data. I dont know and I guess that is just where they want us atm.

You do know America is the third largest population in the world. We typically have 20 to 60k die every year to the common flu...

Because of the large population if we compared Sweden's 899 deaths with a population of 10 million then the same ratio in America would be 29,667, so we are doing a third better over all then them.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Sorry I dont that. The data is still out and varies so much from place to place it seems atm to be impossible to gage the real amount of damage it will cause.

Becasue the data is obviously inaccurate is it not ? www.worldometers.info...

Look at Chinas total number of deaths , It has not changed in over a month . A population of over a Billion , and that total number of deaths is just over 3,000. Now even if they did have the strictest quarantine on Earth , how is it possible that the deaths just stopped . ?

The Virus is Highly contagious is it not ? It's steadily killed more and more or at least it appears that way . Did China really just get it under control ? or maybe the Virus is just not that deadly or is it more likely that China is just flat out lying .

The death count in the USA is above 20,000 now nearly 9,000 of which are in NYC alone. 12,000 deaths spread out over the country , Look this has been said time and time again but in the grand scheme of things over the period of time that has passed that ammount of deaths is not even a blip on the radar . Pneumonia kills over 50,000 people a year in the USA , where is the public out cry ? An estimated 500,000 people will die from cancer in the USA. 2.8million people die every year in the USA in general.

Our media , The American peoples Media has created this monster and are responsible for all the carnage it has created.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The battery is dying on this one. They are either going to have to recharge or it is over. I spoke with my neighbor today. She is the sweetest most trusting person you will ever meet. She believed every word that was being said and she is a strict rule follower.

When she told metoday she has stopped reading the paper and watching the news, because either they don't know what they are talking about, or they are lying. I knew time is almost up on this particular plan. Now I am sure they have a plan B, C, and D. I am just wondering what rabbit they pull out of their hate this time.

They are going to have to make it good, because they have lost a lot of credibility, and even the diehards are starting to walk away.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

You can fool all the people some of the time-- and some of the people all the time-- but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Thejaybird

I would have thought by definition your behaviour in the supermarket in aiding the spread of the virus to be asinine at the very least and yes it is correct that is why we need regulation because of people like you.
Freedom comes at a cost and that cost is responsibility. Since you have demonstrated lack in the second our first has been curtailed and may in future be curtailed further.

and thats the truth again.

BullS@#$.

Did I cough on anybody? Did I come into contact in a negative way with anybody else? Did I "infect" my shopping cart?

The answer to all of those questions is "no". Why? I'm not infected with the coronavirus. My goodness, I have been a Middle School teacher for twenty-five years...my immune system is bullet proof. I am not a "suspected" carrier of the virus. I have the right to move freely, unmolested, throughout this country, according to the Constitution.

If you choose to stay at home and not risk yourself or your family to the coronavirus, bravo. I support that fully.

I do not, however, support the restrictions that are placed on the rest of us who are healthy. Not at all. Might I get the coronavirus? Maybe. But, I should be allowed to take that risk on my own behalf. And, please stop with the "you'll infect everyone else!!!" nonsense. That's not how viruses work.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Why? I'm not infected with the coronavirus.

How do you know this?

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Why? I'm not infected with the coronavirus.

How do you know this?

Phage it is already bad enough that the Virus is killing people, and is as openly contagious as it is.

Someone who has the Virus or has been around someone with the Virus must take precautions meaning self Quarantine that is a given and widely excepted .

But what we can't do is live in fear that literally anyone could be a dormant carrier regardless of whether they have been in contact with Covid-19, That is just to much paranoia , that is to much to worry about .

What is the old NA saying

"God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference."

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thejaybird

I would have thought by definition your behaviour in the supermarket in aiding the spread of the virus to be asinine at the very least and yes it is correct that is why we need regulation because of people like you.
Freedom comes at a cost and that cost is responsibility. Since you have demonstrated lack in the second our first has been curtailed and may in future be curtailed further.

and thats the truth again.

BullS@#$.

Did I cough on anybody? Did I come into contact in a negative way with anybody else? Did I "infect" my shopping cart?

The answer to all of those questions is "no". Why? I'm not infected with the coronavirus. My goodness, I have been a Middle School teacher for twenty-five years...my immune system is bullet proof. I am not a "suspected" carrier of the virus. I have the right to move freely, unmolested, throughout this country, according to the Constitution.

If you choose to stay at home and not risk yourself or your family to the coronavirus, bravo. I support that fully.

I do not, however, support the restrictions that are placed on the rest of us who are healthy. Not at all. Might I get the coronavirus? Maybe. But, I should be allowed to take that risk on my own behalf. And, please stop with the "you'll infect everyone else!!!" nonsense. That's not how viruses work.

And you need to calm down my friend .

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

But what we can't do is live in fear that literally anyone could be a dormant carrier regardless of whether they have been in contact with Covid-19, That is just to much paranoia , that is to much to worry about .

I don't live in fear.
I do understand that I may be infected and not know it. To do otherwise is denial.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I don't live in fear.
I do understand that I may be infected and not know it. To do otherwise is denial.

Indeed I understand your point, But none the less we must continue to live our lives as though the world is going to keep spinning , we do what we can when ever we can.

You may indeed be infected, but you may also not be infected and considering the small minority that are infected . It is far more likely that your not so its not denial so much as it is logical reasoning.

you take a flight with an airline it may crash , but you dont clinch your seat thinking omg I'm gonna die the whole time . You register mentally ok it may crash, but untill then I will enjoy the flight.
edit on 12-4-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join