It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok go ahead and say the quarantine worked .

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Thejaybird
You rebel, you.

It took me a while to notice the one way signs at my Safeway. It's not that big a deal to follow them.

Really. Try new things.

It's fascinating how different peoples minds are, not just you Phage there are many others with your mentality about this Covid-19 situation , and I understand the thought process.

I try and understand the way you guys think about and approach this situation , I put myself in your shoes if you will. I just flat do not see how you came to such a conclusion , it does not even register with me to go along with this .

It's like how a liberal's mind works not that your a liberal , it just baffles me how a person could think that way.

It could not be any more obvious that the Media is feeding us a line of bull**** unless they just came out and said it.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

It could not be any more obvious that the Media is feeding us a line of bull**** unless they just came out and said it.

Though I might well be more "liberal" than you, that does not mean I am a "liberal."

You seem to think that I am not capable of reaching my own conclusions.
You are mistaken.

My conclusions are not solely the result of what the media (why do you capitalize it?) say. And what makes you think your conclusions are more valid than mine?
edit on 4/11/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko
Yes because you know better than everyone else, right? A rational mind realizes that it's probably a safe bet to side with the experts whose life education and experience revolves around this particular subject matter, and who are advising these types of precautions based on scientific observations, not just their "gut feelings" or a hours worth of reading an article, watching their favorite news pundit report, or a Youtube video.

The irrational one's are those who distrust anything "official" or "authoritative" because of pretty much nothing but a rebellious and/or paranoid mindset. Scientific evidence be damned.

No, thanks. I'll pass on that.

you say a rational mind, I call it a lazy mind .

And for every expert supporting the way this is being handled there is another expert saying it's being mis-handled . I'll say it again how can your truth be better than ours, or how can your truth be rational and ours irrational , that is an irrational thought in and of itself.

We buck the system not because it's fun , but because we feel in our gut that something is missing from this puzzle, it is in-complete.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Though I might well be more "liberal" than you, that does not mean I am a "liberal."

You seem to think that I am not capable of reaching my own conclusions.
You are mistaken.

My conclusions are not solely the result of what the media (why do you capitalize it?) say. And what makes you think your conclusions are more valid than mine?

My conclusions are not any more valid, and I said " Not that your a liberal" I respect your opinions I just disagree with you

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You seemed to imply that I am incapable of critical thinking. I must have misunderstood.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

You seemed to imply that I am incapable of critical thinking. I must have misunderstood.

I have no doubt you are an above average intelligence individual, fully capable of critical thinking and drawing your own conclusion.

Its just fascinating how different the conclusions we draw are.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Working.? yes, far from over though. Simple concept....simple results...what's your beef?

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko
Yes because you know better than everyone else, right? A rational mind realizes that it's probably a safe bet to side with the experts whose life education and experience revolves around this particular subject matter, and who are advising these types of precautions based on scientific observations, not just their "gut feelings" or a hours worth of reading an article, watching their favorite news pundit report, or a Youtube video.

The irrational one's are those who distrust anything "official" or "authoritative" because of pretty much nothing but a rebellious and/or paranoid mindset. Scientific evidence be damned.

No, thanks. I'll pass on that.

Cool. You are free to pass on it all you want to. That's your right. Note that I am in favor of you being able to exercise your rights. Your take? Not so much.

But, in doing so, you are placing blind faith in the "experts" whose predictions and numbers have been wrong from the start. It literally takes a few minutes of looking back at the headlines of the last four weeks to see that the media (and the "experts") engaged in mass hysteria. That's rational and reasoned. The data, during this ongoing pandemic, has never added up. As I pointed out in another thread, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. We have a population of 7.75 million people. As of fifty minutes ago, there are 4,953 reported cases of the coronavirus. Do the math.

The shelter-in-place dictates do not match the actuality of what is happening here in regard to the prevalence (or non-prevalence, as it actually is) of the virus.

You are free to choose to respond to the virus as you see fit. That freedom of choice should extend to all of us.
edit on 12-4-2020 by Thejaybird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I have to give you credit, Phage...

You deflect better than anyone else.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Any doubters about this virus I dare you to come to Detroit and visit 5 gas stations for longer then 3 minutes each. If the natives don't get you COVID19 might.

This isn't hysteria around here I'm living it. We have 25,000 confirmed cases. With the lack of test there could be 100,000 non symptomatic people wandering around.

I haven't been to the grocery store in 3 weeks. Half my diet consists of rice and fried spam. I'd kill for a good pizza right about now.

I love fishing and this is the best time of year to go. My uncle keeps trying to talk me into going. I won't have any contact with anyone outside my home.

I smoke outside. I'm the eyes and ears of the neighborhood. My neighbors cars haven't left their driveways in days. The roads around here use to be bumper to bumper. It's a ghost town.

Michigan in no 3 in cases. I'm just wondering when it's going to start taking off in other places like Texas or Chicago. I don't know if they're taking this serious like we are here.

The reason my area has so many cases is because our airport was a hub for people coming from Wuhan to the US.

People are taking this very serious around here. Our hospitals are running out of body bags.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Dice it how you will. USA will probably have the highest mortality rates for any nation in the western world. You are trying to say the US didnt know. How comes so many other countries have done remarkably well at curtailing the spread of the virus.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
Because their leader didn't ignore the warnings and then deny the existence of the virus to start with.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Because their leader didn't ignore the warnings and then deny the existence of the virus to start with.

Yes and the same thing happened in the UK. Plenty of data out saying this was bad but we will just ignore all that and carry on as normal until it starts killing lots of peeps.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Can you tell me how many US citizens have died to lack of access to a ventilator? Pretty sure it is zero. Have a citation? Or do you still think NY needs 40,000 ventilators?

I think the USA / UK gov messed up big time. How ever you decide to dice it this was poorly planned. The figures will speak for themselves. Why do you think the USA may well be on course for the highest mortality rate in the developed world?

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

China has spun this and spun this and the WHO has been there from the start licking there boot heels feeding there mis-information.

What on earth are you blabbering. The two biggest financiers to the WHO are..

1 USA

2 Gates Foundation.

LOL

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Its because of people like you that we need strict guideline and regulation.

and thats the truth of it.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
#EndTheLockdown

Knowledge is power
Truth is freedom
-Jeff Berwick

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Yep. Lock that barn door.
Oops.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

And for every expert supporting the way this is being handled there is another expert saying it's being mis-handled

You could have counter his argument simply by stating : It is not because an authority tells something that it is true." which is a general counter to "appeal to authority" fallacy.

how can your truth be better than ours, or how can your truth be rational and ours irrational , that is an irrational thought in and of itself.

An idea can be irrational if its arguments and the conclusion aren't in logical relation to each others (or form a logical chains). It is also the case when subjectivity is added as an argument, or is used to relate them to the conclusion.

Are you actually suggesting that it is irrational to call out logically flawed arguments as irrational?

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Yes I belive the science you intstead link to paper with the title it may have... pure speculation. I guess you prefer that to the facts. I will stick to the science.

A little illusionary on your part to say the very least. takes all sorts.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join