It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO / Faerie Lore Connection?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The idea of a UFO connection to 'Ye Olde Faerie Lore' has been floating around for quite a while now and for folks interested in (or actively researching) 'high strangeness' UFO occupant/humanoid/abduction cases then there does appear to be quite a number of similar aspects in reported appearance and behaviour (which are explored below).

Probably best to forget the modern day Tinkerbell propaganda - the pantheon of earth elementals is found in a great many tribes around the world and when it comes to the Kingdom of the Faerie/Fae folk they are often described as rather old, wizened, diminutive creatures with large magical eyes -also as rather dark, sinister entities (or mischievous tricksters) who live in an invisible realm but have occasional interaction with humans. 

Having said that there are also a great many different sizes and shapes reported (just like UFOs and occupants) and they're also said to live deep underground 'in darkened hollows, in mounds that opened up into vast, cavernous, winding regions..'.. so did find the Cryptoterrestrial connection a very interesting one.

Also lots of historical tales of folks being 'dazzled and entranced' by 'fairy lights' (even Fairies travelling in circular globes) and of course lots of encounters involving time anomalies like the Oz factor, time slips, missing time etc.  

Lost count over the years of how many reports I've read about UFOs chasing and interfering with motor vehicles so also found it interesting that, back in the day, faeries were also 'notorious for harassing travellers along highways'.

In The Secret Commonwealth of Fairies(1692), Reverend Robert Kirk provides a description of diminutive beings with “light, changeable bodies . . . somewhat of the nature of a condensed cloud, and best seen at twilight.” Because in his day these little creatures were notorious for harassing travelers along highways, people would go out of their way to avoid making trips during certain times of the year.

Top 10 Reasons Stories of Fairy Encounters are Actually Alien Encounters

When it comes to 'abduction' it seems there are quite a few other shared characteristics between UFO and Faerie lore including being taken to a brightly lit rooms with no obvious source of light; encountering one taller individual with smaller assistants; having an obsession with human reproduction and family lineage (cannot reproduce/need humans) and even marks or scars left on the body afterwards.

Also found it a bit freaky that Faeries were sometimes reported to have a luminous appearance, be telepathic, have the ability to cause or heal sickness, become invisible and walk through walls (as that's also been reported with 'aliens').

• Ye olde folks also described being paralysed (or 'fairy stroked') by small strange beings holding 'wands' and suppose that's pretty comparable to modern day abductions and encounters where UFO occupants are said to use 'power rods' to paralyze people.

edit on 4-9-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

"The very concept of a parallel between modern ufology and ancient folklore is still occasionally challenged by believers in the theory that UFOs are nuts-and-bolts spacecraft"

Jacques Fabrice Vallée - Astronomer

Jacques Vallee's excellent book 'Passport To Magonia' was probably one of the first to bring some of these very strange parallels to mass public consciousness and it's now in the public domain... so if anyone wants to read it it's freely available on PDF file here.

When it comes to contemporary research then the book 'A Trojan Feast'' is also causing a bit of a stir and author Joshua Cutchin has conducted some great work on Faerie 'food taboos', non-human encounters and the close similarities between UFO/Faerie abductees being offered 'thick liquids' to drink and strange pills to swallow.

Now and again, a book is published that is destined to become a classic. Granted, it doesn’t happen too often nowadays in Ufology, but when it does, it’s well worth the wait.. Jacques Vallee’s Passport to Magonia did a fine job of noting the parallels between today’s alien encounters and centuries-old interaction with the faeries, the “wee folk” of times long gone. Cutchin, however, takes things to a whole new level as he notes the incredible similarities that exist between food offerings then and now – and provided to us by entities that many might assume have no connection, but which so obviously do.

link

Some further info from the chap in this interview with Knapp and this one with Beckley and according to Joshua 'If you are not seeing a connection then you are simply not paying attention to the data'.

He also gives some ye olde examples including the extremely strange tale of Jacob Jacobsson.

Missing Fae11

Bizarre as it sounds, tales of abductions by underground dwelling fae folk also share certain analogues with modern day Missing 411 profile points including association with boulder fields, berry bushes, weather change and shoe stealing.

Deep forests and bodies of water also play a role and there"s a nice comparative map below.

Going down the faerie rabbit hole even further then Fae folk are also well known to 'interfere' with livestock and emit a 'fairy blast' which renders cattle totally incapacitated (mutes?) and, according to John Keel, the Faerie lore of the Celtic countries is filled with strange accounts of intimidating trickster type individuals who were always dressed in black (MIBs?) - it could be nothing but there also seems to be a bigfoot type creature known as a 'Woodwose'.

All healthy speculation of course but what do you reckon ATS?

Are all these aspects instances of the same underlying phenomenon? 

edit on 5-4-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
For folks still reading then Professor Swords has also started posting on his blog again compiling his catalogue LEPRECAT.

Some of you who have read the old blog, know that at the end I was exploring the claims of folkloric entities being real beings rather than just made up figures for story telling wisdom reasons. To attempt that, I was (as usual) going back to the original sources when I could, and making a catalog of cases (a la what a UFO researcher should do.) I nicknamed that catalog "LEPRECAT" for fun, and there are now 8 notebooks of such cases and a few hundred somewhat culled-for-quality individual experiences/reports.

Link 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10

Links:

The Celtic Alien Fairy Faith In The UFO Era (PDF)

Fortrean Historical Archive - The Little People

From Fairies To Aliens: One And The Same?

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

An excellent OP and thank you for taking the time to put it together.

Two things to add before I start working your links...

"Fairy rings" have long been associated with UFO landing sites.

As far as the subterranean angle, the Hopi teach that at one point in their history they were in grave danger and were taken underground by the "ant men" to live inside the earth until the time came that they could go back to the surface.

I'll take a look at your links now...

S&F!

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
The idea of a UFO connection to 'Ye Olde Faerie Lore' has been floating around for quite a while now and for folks interested in (or actively researching) 'high strangeness' UFO occupant/humanoid/abduction cases then there does appear to be quite a number of similar aspects in reported appearance and behaviour (which are explored below).

Probably best to forget the modern day Tinkerbell propaganda - the pantheon of earth elementals is found in a great many tribes around the world and when it comes to the Kingdom of the Faerie/Fae folk they are often described as rather old, wizened, diminutive creatures with large magical eyes -also as rather dark, sinister entities (or mischievous tricksters) who live in an invisible realm but have occasional interaction with humans. 

Having said that there are also a great many different sizes and shapes reported (just like UFOs and occupants) and they were also said to live deep underground 'in darkened hollows, in mounds that opened up into vast, cavernous, winding regions..'.. so did find the Cryptoterrestrial connection a very interesting one.

Also lots of historical tales of folks being 'dazzled and entranced' by 'fairy lights' (even Fairies travelling in circular globes) and of course lots of encounters involving time anomalies like the Oz factor, time slips, missing time etc.  

Lost count over the years of how many reports I've read about UFOs chasing and interfering with motor vehicles so also found it interesting that, back in the day, faeries were also 'notorious for harassing travelers along highways'.

In The Secret Commonwealth of Fairies(1692), Reverend Robert Kirk provides a description of diminutive beings with “light, changeable bodies . . . somewhat of the nature of a condensed cloud, and best seen at twilight.” Because in his day these little creatures were notorious for harassing travelers along highways, people would go out of their way to avoid making trips during certain times of the year.

Top 10 Reasons Stories of Fairy Encounters are Actually Alien Encounters

When it comes to 'abduction' it seems there's quite a few other shared characteristics between UFO and Faerie lore including being taken to a brightly lit rooms with no obvious source of light; encountering one taller individual with smaller assistants; having an obsession with human reproduction and family lineage (cannot reproduce/need humans) and even marks or scars left on the body afterwards.

Aso found it a bit freaky that Faeries were
sometimes reported to have a luminous appearance, be telepathic, have the ability to cause or heal sickness, become invisible and walk through walls (as that's also been reported with 'aliens').

• Ye olde folks also described being paralyzed (or 'fairy stroked') by small strange beings holding 'wands' and suppose that's pretty comparable to modern day abductions and encounters where aliens are said to use 'power rods' to paralyze people.

i ordered passport to magonia because of this post. I have always found my self in vallee's camp so to speak.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Excellent opening comments, Karl.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Great OP!
The only thing I might add is that Vallee and others have also drawn parallels with UFO's and abductions to findings in demonology as well as incarnations of the Holy Spirit. In Magonia or one of his later books, he comes to the conclusion that these are all different aspects of the same phenomenon.
Either way, Really nice! S & F
-Wizzz

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Truly interesting, and I have personal first hand experience of something I believe was perhaps a UFO Fairy.

I was with a friend who witnessed the same thing right in front of our eyes.

A welsh forest after a pleasant sunday evening roast and a stroll in the woods to walk it off. 7-8pmish.

We came across a huge oak tree, beautiful. We stood under the canopy and admired it's majesty from inside the shade.

We stepped out the other side and both saw an orange glowing orb of light around 20 feet away.

It ascended from the bracken a few feet and accellerated slowly to the right rising as it went and dissapeared into thin air after travelling perhaps thirty feet.

The orb was perhaps a foot across and was completely silent.

Did we surprise something into running away? Glad it chose flight instead of fight.

The weather was completely clear and there was nobody else around we could hear or see.

I/we were shocked and quite speechless other than confirming we both saw "something" and it wasn't just our imagination.

We were there in Wales to see the Red Kites and were staying in a chalet on a small complex.

Unforgettable.
edit on 5/4/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Thank you very much for sharing. Really appreciate it.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Nice account of your close encounter with an amber / orange type Nerbot. Them things are real, just like the white type, yellow type green type red type silver type. Lucky you!

Hats off to Karl too, he's such a great ATS'er and up there with the best of them, Zaphod, Armap, etc

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Wizzz0001

Just wish I could remember the name of the location. Will have a search...

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I feel that there is a real road map to see the full picture and why these things happen to humans. But there is so much garbage in between here and there we all get lost along the way. I speak for my family when I say we wouldn't mind an encounter

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Interesting concept, hadn't heard it before but will read some more into it.

Regarding the 411 maps, I guess California can be explained by, well, California lol.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

"Fairy rings" have long been associated with UFO landing sites.

Thanks for the posts and important points raised - researcher Ted Phillips (who recently passed away) really did have some extremely strange circular UFO landing examples in his physical trace catalogue and there are also cases where mutilated cattle have been found inside burnt circles on the ground - mute researcher Chris O Brien also knows his stuff when it comes to Native American lore involving underground dwelling beings (and UFOs) but the vid does contain graphic images.

When it comes to Fae folk and food it was said back in 1850 that 'they live on crispy pancakes of yellow tide foam' so I suppose that makes chicken farmer Joe Simonton's 1961 experience even more strange.

Joe Simonton encountered three otherworldly beings in the spring of 1961; an event that would play out almost identically to certain tales of faeries told across human culture and throughout history..

Faerie Food For Thought

• Researcher Malcolm Robinson also brings up the bizarre case of the 'Wallaton Park driving gnomes' at 39:30 in this presentation - he also investigated this very freaky one from Scotland.

edit on 8-4-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Most excellent thread, karl. Right on time in my isolation boredom.

I, for one, do believe we are talking about the same phenomena as interpreted by the historical times and regions.

Having that view requires no particular belief about underlying causation or even the physical, or paraphysical, reality of these events.

Having said that, my own personal conclusion at this time is, yes, "they" are real and they've been with us all along.

The food angle is very interesting and I read the brief book review linked. I found the eastern diet mentioned intriguing for a few different reasons. I also wonder, in regards food being offered, if it might have to do with accepting an invitation from these beings so-to-speak if that makes any sense.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
My experience with another was almost identical as yours.
The difference being there were more lights..more colors..and much closer.
And they DID not go anywhere...well except when they would phase in and out of each other's lighted cloud gas type space..oh and through walls of a house inside out
Took place in forest of forestville ca. early morning.
It eventually actually became kinda uneventful and ..well..no big deal.
We were like.....ok they are there..doin whatever they are doin..we see them..they seem to see us..ok..uh..next?
I think it was Xmas or near xmas.

originally posted by: nerbot

Truly interesting, and I have personal first hand experience of something I believe was perhaps a UFO Fairy.

I was with a friend who witnessed the same thing right in front of our eyes.

A welsh forest after a pleasant sunday evening roast and a stroll in the woods to walk it off. 7-8pmish.

We came across a huge oak tree, beautiful. We stood under the canopy and admired it's majesty from inside the shade.

We stepped out the other side and both saw an orange glowing orb of light around 20 feet away.

It ascended from the bracken a few feet and accellerated slowly to the right rising as it went and dissapeared into thin air after travelling perhaps thirty feet.

The orb was perhaps a foot across and was completely silent.

Did we surprise something into running away? Glad it chose flight instead of fight.

The weather was completely clear and there was nobody else around we could hear or see.

I/we were shocked and quite speechless other than confirming we both saw "something" and it wasn't just our imagination.

We were there in Wales to see the Red Kites and were staying in a chalet on a small complex.

Unforgettable.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Also this could explain the "missing" cases of UFO encounters through history. People ask why the UFO subject hadn't exploded until Roswell, but faeries have been the subject of stories for a very long time. I'm sure those with faerie encounters a few hundred years ago were met with the same eye rolls as those who encounter UFOs today.

Maybe they've been here for millenia, but have been known by different names.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Further links:

Articles / E-books:

Living Liminally - Fairies and Aliens: an Opinion Piece

Abducted by Aliens

Who Are The Fae?

Fairies and UFOs? By Ken Korczak

British Goblins Welsh Folk-lore, Fairy Mythology, Legends and Traditions by Wirt Sikes

Fairy Theft legends about thieving fairies by D. L. Ashliman

Free on Google Books:

Faery: A Guide to the Lore, Magic & World of the Good Folk By John T. Kruse, Morgan Daimler

A Fairy Treasury By Jacky Newcomb

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

love the pictures.

so cool and i love the nod to the fungal kingdom and the little guy in the bottom right, reminds me of fall.

posted on Apr, 7 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Very nice thread karl 12.

David Paulides has said he and S&R don't believe the victims disappear underground (I believe). However, those map comparisons are intriguing. Who knows.

Our local folklore here include "småfolk", which translates to "small people". My grandmother was adamant about their existence. She called them "de underjordiske", meaning "those underground". I interpreted them as "nisser" which folks used to give porridge out in the barn, but it depends on who you ask. Another neighbour of mine has also mentioned these. Not doing any mischief, just simply being "around", and that this has been the way of things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join