It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO / Faerie Lore Connection?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I believe that Jacques Vallee, mistakenly depicts some space alien creatures as sporting two horns on top of there heads --- When in all probability...they have two radio antennae mounted atop, instead of Vallee using some freakish looking horn excuse.
edit on 10-4-2020 by Erno86 because: deleted an added a word

edit on 10-4-2020 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Ha nice one and HE to you to mate -according to Peter Davenport from NUFORC recent sightings of self luminous 'orbs' have gone through the roof but I suppose there could be many factors at play.

Here's John Keel discussing the huge flap of 'living lights' in the late 1960s - there's also a great remastered 1966 lecture linked below in case you ever get bored.

Full lecture

Don't know if you're aware of the work of Paul Sinclair over in Northern England but do find his active and archival research really intriguing - lots of very bizarre light orbs reported by local farmers over the years - unfortunately there's lots of animal mutilation (and some MIB) reports as well.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Also, been looking a bit further into British / German folklore and did come across some cheeky 'Sky Boogies' which were said to dislike humans (a lot) and be completely covered in dark brown hair - did put me in mind of this great thread from Firemoon.

The Phenomenon" and the changing of the guard?

Otherwise known as "gremlins" and the inspiration for THAT 'Twilight Zone' episode with Bill Shatner on TV and John Lithgow (AKA our own Phage) in the movie version...

That was a nice return to form from Firemoon before he disappeared again as quickly as he'd returned. Hope he's okay.

posted on Apr, 10 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Always preferred the black and white episodes mate - pure class.

When it comes to the whole pantheon of Fae folk (including sky boogies) was quite shocked to learn that, back in the day, humans were actually sacrificed to keep Faeries happy.. not sure how true that is but did put me in mind of this absolute classic.

Know you posted in the thread but this series of interviews does contain some real freaky reports of potential high strangeness - the daughter developing three strange marks on her body after witnessing a UFO with her mother is very odd, especially as the father also developed the same marks and he was miles away.

link

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

That was a nice return to form from Firemoon before he disappeared again as quickly as he'd returned. Hope he's okay.

No worries mate he turned up in the Philip Klass thread with a mighty fine post.

edit on 10-4-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   
A lot of stuff in Charles Hall's book "Millenial Hospitality", especially in book 5 where he talks about the grays, would parallel Faerie legends.

They tended to hide from view, and when one of them wanted to help him by opening a fence, they first used some device to hypnotize him, so he wouldn't see them actually do it. He got dazed for a moment, and when he came to, the fence was opened.

That sounds vaguely similar to faeries doing something like, say cleaning a person's house while they are asleep. Perhaps in exchange for an offering the faerie finds interesting.

I think that, if nothing else, they like to test out their mind altering weapons. They seem to view humans as dangerous wildlife, which they would rather daze than kill.

www.amazon.com...

The aliens he focuses most of his books on are different from this. The "Tall Whites" he loves to talk about will kill a human without hesitation.

originally posted by: IMSAM
Hey Karl great thread.

The parallels between fairies and aliens are undeniable. This phenomenon takes different guises during the aeons. Back then it was fairies. now its aliens.

Fun fact fairies dabbled in cattle mutilation aswell. Despite now having solid evidence that mutilations might be done by some agency i found it most peculiar when i read an old story of fairies mutilating an animal.

For anyone interested in learnign more parallels check witches marks-faestruck- fairy missing time, fairy child stealing and parallel them to modern alien marks,implants, abductions etc and draw your own conclusions.

That said very few people attack this angle because they expect to find a made in mars tag on a ufo. This thing whatever it proves to be is with us for a long long time.

In another part of Hall's book he describes the aliens bringing a couple of 15 year old children from Asia, who they wanted the US military to re-incorporate into human society. Hall thought maybe they had been rescued from some battle field or something. (He likes to give the aliens the benefit of the doubt on their humanitarianism.)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: chunder

The big question is why, closely followed by what !

Those really are two excellent questions mate - to which I have no bleeping idea.

Have been rereading some British UFO abduction accounts within a Fae folklore context and certain details do seem to keep cropping up (hope it's not cognitive bias).

The 1978 Mann Family case from England is a very strange one.

[According to their statements, they had again exited the car and were walking in a “strange mist!” craft then directed them into columns of light. They spoke of a race of beings who fled their dying home planet. They were looking for a new planet to live on “in exchange for technology!”

Perhaps even stranger, they spoke of traveling through a portal from the “mother ship!” They would also talk about consuming “colorless fizzy drinks” that would make them forget their encounter. Their hosts feared “they would be exploited” if they remembered their experiences.

link

As is the Avis family's encounter in 1974 involving 'a bank of thick green mist' - an investigator at the time called it 'probably the most important British case ever'. 

About a mile further on, they suddenly came upon a bank of thick green mist covering the entire road, 8-9 ft high. At this moment the car radio started crackling and smoking...

A small being was present; it had fur like covering and made chirping sounds; it served the tall beings.

The Aveley Abduction Case 

The Scottish A70 abduction case also contains some extremely bizarre details (and MIBs) but there are plenty of other freaky case examples found in the thread.

Bizarrely, he also recalled a small man apparently quite human dressed in a neat black suit complete with collar and tie who was watching the proceedings. He was standing among the entities all of which seemed quite deferential towards him. [

Thread

edit on 11-4-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88

I did try making various assumptions on ATS that alot of different mythical creatures were one in the same due to their characteristics.

That sounds like quite a sensible approach to me mate - and you may well be right.

Like Serpahim from Judaism means burning ones,

Sounds a bit like this chap witnessed in Felixstowe, England on September 20th, 1965.

Plasma / the fouth state of matter also gets brought up a lot in UFO research (even speculation that it could be intelligent) so maybe everything is tied together somehow and everyone's viewing it through different 'cultural spectacles' (as Hancock puts it).

When it comes to some of the weirder aspects of folklore then also found it interesting that it's the job of the Phi sukuk to 'teach humans the lessons they need so they can get out of the cycle of reincarnation' - also a bit creepy that the Welsh Saleerandees and Arabic Salamanders resemble 'bipedal lizards' that don't like humans very much.

Apparently the Skogrsa are also short creatures who shapeshift into owls (which do seem to pop up in alien abduction lore quite a bit) and in the vast majority of Fae abductions the people that return are in a blank, trance like state of extreme confusion which is also reported in a lot of UFOnaut encounters.

Talking of UFOnauts Frater210 did once made a great thread about these tiny Malaysian critters -apparently they were causing paralysis with beams of light and one was reported to have 'two feelers on the head and held a steel-like rod in its hand'.

While other countries have been experiencing close encounters with humanoids of diversified forms, I would like to draw attention to the reports in Malaysia where humanoid encounters have been confined to only one type – tiny entities measuring from 3 inches to 6 inches in height. 

UFO Researcher, Ahmad Jamaludin and The Malaysian Micro-Aliens

Cheers.
edit on 11-4-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pr0ph3t
Logged in to say, this is one of the most compelling reads I've seen on ATS for many a year. Thank you for compiling this, I'm fascinated by the subject matter and correlations. Awesome!

Well thanks mate - there's also some very strange modern day forest encounters described in the video below - the one at 4:25 is very bizarre and involves two flying rectangular objects and whispering 'humanoids' wearing brightly coloured clothes.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

a reply to: ultimafule

a reply to: KilgoreTrout

Testimony about forest dwelling Ban Jhakris who abduct children underground and instruct them in the arts of shamanism - quite a fascinating watch.

The shortest of the lot (three to five feet tall), they are covered in very long golden or red hair and inhabit forests in the lower altitudes of the Himalayas.

The Ban Jhakris are usually vegetarian. As their name suggests, they are considered shamans of the forest who occasionally abduct children in order to initiate them into shamanism.

There have been numerous rumors of such kidnappings in Nepal, the Darjeeling region, Sikkim and across North East India.

link

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Those were great, thanks very much for digging them up for us, really interesting.

As I said before, many differences between cultures, but too many consistencies going all the way back to before whoever 'dreamed' up the "Sorceror" of Trois de Freres for us to simply dismiss them as archaic beliefs. Shamanism was a means by which we were able to successfully navigate reality, we found other, but not necessarily better, ways to do that. The faculty within humans that enables shamanism doesn't appear to be lost, just lacking in direction and as one the interviewees points out, an audience or society to serve.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Thanks mate and couldn't agree more about those consistencies- far too many. 

Also may have gone down the Faerie hole a bit too much on this one as there's a lot of existing research and it seems wherever you look (or whichever country you pick) certain aspects and parallels in reports do seem to be there.

Am currently looking at the Indonesian child abductions ('penculikan') by the very strange Jin Kurcaci but below are excerpts from several different Mexican reports involving the Chaneque 'gnomes'.

[The name CHANEQUE is indigenous to the state of Veracruz, having been used for centuries by the native peoples, the Totonacs, of this area to designate the 'tiny men' (HOMBRECITOS)who live in the mountainous regions of the state.

The first Europeans to disembark on the Veracruz coast, were told of the existence of these gnomes by the Totonacs in the early 16th Century. The Totonacs did not indicate the CHANEQUES were mythical creatures but rather talked of them as through they were diminutive flesh and bone beings with extraordinary powers...

" The CHANEQUES are always watching and they love to amuse themselves playing with our children. Although they never harm our youngsters or steal them, they entice them away to play and sometimes we don't see our boys and girls for hours or even days..

Although he'd been missing for some time, he was in perfect health, NOT hungry OR thirsty or the least bit unhappy. Ramiro is talkative in his childish way and quickly advised us he was lost near a 'big water' (river) when five little men found him. They had given him 'sweet food' and milk, then he had gone to sleep.

"When asked where he had been he replied, 'Living with the little men. They gave me food and milk with honey in it.

But suddenly, as he neared the village of Cintalapa he was startled to see five diminutive figures standing with hands in the air ahead of his truck.

His description of the physical aspect of these 'gnomes' coincides with HUNDREDS of other eyewitness accounts related over the years as to size, light brown complexion, black hair, and the ability to appear suddenly before the viewers' eyes, as through they had come from another dimension.

Second, on May 21 three ranchers reported having seen a large illuminated disc flying very low over this area.'

CHANEQUES: MEXICAN GNOMES OR INTERPLANETARY VISITORS?

Links:

PDF Files - sourced by TrotTrot

"UFO Abduction Reports: The Supernatural Kidnap Narrative Returns in Technological Guise" by Thomas E. Bullard

"A Brief Account of the True Nature of the 'UFO Entities'" by Gordon Creighton

Shamanism and alien abductions : a comparative study.

posted on Apr, 13 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I've heard of Plasma being used as an explanation for ether as means of energy for propulsion, their lighting or for their physical being. Idk much about plasma or if has any connection to them but who knows.

Yea, there is wide variety of differing cultures an believes that really do seem like they are seeing the same thing, especially when it comes to fiery creatures being mentioned. Salamanders is a good one, and apparently they can change into orbs in description.

Another interesting thing that I would like to share which seems to be very commonly mentioned is "Shining Ones" and get used in a abundant of languages last time I checked. Now I know Stichin tried using this for a translation for the word Annuaki even though he might be wrong, but it worth looking into. Even Lucifer might be loosely based on the shining ones due to it being a possible translation.( I just remembered you used the above for a translation for Deva, fancy that)
legends.atavist.com...
I cant find the same webpage I saw before, but this one gets a bit in depth about it. Mind you I am very picky when it comes to comparing mythologies. Wonder if Burning an Shining mean the same thing or if they are just subtle differences when it come describing certain things, like how their lights emit or look.

Got a link on Phi Sukak, wouldn't mind looking since google isnt giving me #. Will look into your links a little later when I gots the time.
edit on 13-4-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Great post and very interesting stuff mate - also worth mentioning that there's lots of reports of UFO occupants being 'shiny' (or wearing 'strange luminous outfits') out there - particularly from South America.

Later, in the 80s and 90s, there were reports of encounters with streamlined beings wearing “strange luminous outfits and helmets over their heads” and which “appeared of nowhere, in the words of multiple witnesses. It also happened that the witnesses were able to observe these creatures surveying the surface, or any part of it, “fully immersed in their task.”

A CE-3 in Tandil, Argentina?

Tried to find it and would you believe the page I was reading a few days ago about abductions in Indonesia by the Jin Kurcaci has since been deleted - good job Whitley Streiber's website hosted a copy.

I found out he kept seeing what the Bugis call Jin Kurcaci. It means little demon people. These things do what is called "penculikan" or abduction. No one knows why they do this. But sometimes the people come back after a bit.The people or creatures who do this have a small nose and their eyes are small and black, but their mouths are very broad and when they smile it is very large compared to the rest of their face.

Disappearances in Indonesia

There's also some freaky aspects contained in this research about attempted UFO kidnappings in Brazil.

The little men put some kind of liquid in his mouth and he passed out. He remembers nothing from that moment until ten days later.

Brazil's Dangerous UFOs

• Don't know if you've heard this interview about the UFO Cryptoterrestrial hypothesis but thought it was a really good one and very relevant.

Cheers.

edit on 14-4-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Yea, it very strange that for something that doesnt want to be seen to have that strange eerie glow about them, so much so that it noticable. Even with UFOs, why take the chance if let just say there was a prime directive of sorts and it were alien an that were the case.

And for all we know the thing might not even e.t at all, even though I dont deny the possibility. Like Jacque Vallee connecting Faeries to Aliens and he even mentions it I beleive, thatit sounds like it adapting with the times. Like from magic an fantasy to science an technology especially in appearance.

I've heard that most South American cases, they get nasty in comparison to other parts of the world. Some do sound very feral though, while others, dare say civilized, wonder if it the weather.

edit on 15-4-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

he had heard a bird singing in more beautiful tones than any he had heard before...Thus lured onward he came at length to the edge of an enchanted lake, and he noticed that night had fallen but that the sky was ablaze with huge stars. Then more stars rose up all around him, and, looking, he saw that each was in reality a pisky. These small people formed themselves into a procession, singing strange fascinating songs the while, and under the leadership of one who was more brilliant and more beautiful than the rest they led the boy through their dwelling place. This, he said, was like a palace. Crystal pillars supported arches hung with jewels which glistened with every colour of the rainbow.

Fairies, Ghosts,Orbs, Ufos, Silvermines and Crystal Caves all seem to interfere or absorb some ambient electrical energy. Could these entities be non-corporeal life forms?
edit on 16-4-2020 by TheKestrel04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2020 by TheKestrel04 because: haven't used this in a while

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKestrel04

I personally feel they have more to with our ability to make metaphors (and our hopes and fears) manifest by projecting our imagination onto reality. As someone who has Aphantasia, I, and the other 2% of the population who share with me in this condition, cannot do this. I can't see what isn't there, most people can though. However, that is not to say that something isn't there (see ETA), I have all the usual senses in reasonable working order, I just won't project an image upon whatever 'strangeness' I sense.

The origins of the Tommyknockers (also known as Knockers) vary depending on the telling, but most miners agreed they were small, dwarf-like creatures that were somewhere between one-and-a-half and two feet tall. Some believed them to be greenish in colour and outfitted in miniature miners’ clothes...

Mine owners came to accept that doing business with the Cornish meant entertaining their belief in the Knockers. That belief was so strong that in 1956, when a large California mine ended operations, miners lobbied the mine’s owners to hold off closing up the mine long enough to let the Tommyknockers make their way out, so they could go to work in other mines. The company complied.

magazine.cim.org...

Tales from other parts of Germany make mine kobolds beneficial creatures, at least if they are treated respectfully.[102] Nineteenth-century miners in Bohemia and Hungary reported hearing knocking in the mines. They interpreted such noises as warnings from the kobolds to not go in that direction.[49] Other miners claimed that the knocks indicated where veins of metal could be found: the more knocks, the richer the vein.[104] In 1884, spiritualist Emma Hardinge Britten reported a story from a Madame Kalodzy, who claimed to have heard mine kobolds while visiting a peasant named Michael Engelbrecht: "On the three first days after our arrival, we only heard a few dull knocks, sounding in and about the mouth of the mine, as if produced by some vibrations or very distant blows..."[50] Kobolds are sometimes portrayed as being indifferent to human miners, so long as they are left alone. In these depictions, they are content to simply mine ore themselves, collect it, and haul it away by windlass.[47]

en.wikipedia.org...

A bluecap is a mythical fairy or ghost in English folklore that inhabits mines and appears as a small blue flame. If miners treat them with respect, the bluecaps lead them to rich deposits of minerals.[1] Like knockers or kobolds, bluecaps can also forewarn miners of cave-ins. They are mostly associated with the Anglo-Scottish borders.[2] They were hard workers and expected to be paid a working man's wages, equal to those of an average putter (a mine worker who pushes the wagons). Their payment was left in a solitary corner of the mine, and they would not accept any more or less than they were owed. The miners would sometimes see the flickering bluecap settle on a full tub of coal, transporting it as though "impelled by the sturdiest sinews".[3] Another being of the same type (though less helpful in nature) was called Cutty Soames[4] or Old Cutty Soames[5] who was known to cut the rope-traces or soams by which the assistant putter was yoked to the tub.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

The muki is considered to be a dwarf due to its height, since it is no taller than 2 feet (0,61 meters). In the traditions of Cerro de Pasco, the muki is a small brawny creature with a disproportionate body. His head is attached to his body, but he lacks a neck. His voice is deep and husky, not matching his appearance, his long hair is bright blonde, his face is hairy and reddish, with a long white beard. His look is deep, aggressive and hypnotic and his eyes reflect the light as if they were made of metal. In some mining traditions, he has two horns that are used to break the rocks and point at the mineral veins. His skin is very pale and he carries a mining lantern. Sometimes he is described as having pointy ears...

The muki is a goblin with a lot of power: he can make the metal veins appear and disappear, sense the moods and emotions of the miners, help with the miner's work by softening or hardening the metal veins, etc. He is known to help miners and sometimes to make pacts with them. He gravitates towards discreet and honest people, who will fulfill their promises and not share the details of their interaction with him.

Many stories coincide on the fact that it is possible to capture the Mooqui and make a pact with him. Very often he offers to do the miners’ work for some coca, alcohol or the company of a woman, as that helps him feel less lonely. Yet, the outcome tends to be tragic due to the miner rarely being able to do as promised. When this occurs, the muki takes the miner's life.

en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)

ETA: That could be worded differently - I can't 'see' what isn't visible. Meaning an 'imaginative' projection could be a response to some external stimulus, ie something that is there but isn't visible. Making it 'visible' imaginatively appears to have some benefits in some circumstances, perhaps. Either way, what I mean is, just because I can't 'see' it, shouldn't be taken as my saying it isn't there. It may or may not be. I don't know.

edit on 17-4-2020 by KilgoreTrout because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I get what you mean, as I recall there was a case with a boy and his dad I think in a truck driving along when the boy saw a ufo but his father saw another object even though is was pointed out to the father. There seems to be perception filtering involved invoked by the event/entity, ghosts,ufos and fairies are related to these orbs of light. Maybe they are ultraterrestrials who simply can masquerade as almost anything really for a limited time I figure. In this vein of thought would vampires being harmed by silver have any correlation here? All of these metals like iron, silver and of course copper are conductive but I haven't heard about many effects with copper.

A bluecap is a mythical fairy or ghost in English folklore that inhabits mines and appears as a small blue flame. If miners treat them with respect, the bluecaps lead them to rich deposits of minerals.[1] Like knockers or kobolds, bluecaps can also forewarn miners of cave-ins. They are mostly associated with the Anglo-Scottish borders.[2] They were hard workers and expected to be paid a working man's wages, equal to those of an average putter (a mine worker who pushes the wagons). Their payment was left in a solitary corner of the mine, and they would not accept any more or less than they were owed. The miners would sometimes see the flickering bluecap settle on a full tub of coal, transporting it as though "impelled by the sturdiest sinews".[3] Another being of the same type (though less helpful in nature) was called Cutty Soames[4] or Old Cutty Soames[5] who was known to cut the rope-traces or soams by which the assistant putter was yoked to the tub.[4]

edit on 17-4-2020 by TheKestrel04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Check 32:55 ( Idk why the link wont show along with the previous post )

Play from 32:55

posted on Apr, 18 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I've heard that most South American cases, they get nasty in comparison to other parts of the world. Some do sound very feral though, while others, dare say civilized, wonder if it the weather.

Think you're spot on there mate and some of the reports coming in from South America do sound pretty crazy - here's what fellow member MiloMilo had to say about it.

If you think this is mind-boggling , you should check out other south american UFO phenomena sighting / encounters.. you will see how mind boggling and scary these south american encounters compare to pretty tame / lame US / Western encounters.. imagine UFO flap the size of Colared Flap terrorizing the US for months.

Example : 

Brazil case : car occupants driving on sea side road at midnight got terrorized by unknown objects that came from the Sea and from the mountain side, alleged abduction happened, the stretch of that road is known for phenomena terrorizing drivers particulary at night/early morning time.

Bizarre Police UFO/USO Case from Tocopilla, Chile, 1971.

Thought the short E-book at the link also contained some interesting snippets and below is some familiar sounding Native American testimony.

Prominent Lakota from the Fort Peck Reservation in Montana stated: 

“We do talk about folks coming down to earth,” he said, “in round shaped objects or balls of light from the skies.…I was told [by elders] that we had to use [sacred] songs to protect against these folks…as they stole Indian people and mainly our children.”

link

Cheers.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join