It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Allow A Crisis To Go To Waste

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Read it and weep.
I've been firmly in the camp of "the virus is a virus" and I still stand by that. COVID-19 is COVID-19. That's that, it's real, I believe that.
But there is something obvious and sinister going on, and TPTB are in no shape to pass this golden opportunity by.
It doesn't matter if C19 was released on purpose, bred from nature and is a fluke, created by man, or any of that. What matters is that TPTB has a golden opportunity to use this deadly and obnoxious virus to push any agenda to modify how they do things to the way the want to do things. The way that will get them the most power and control.

This virus is setting an easy stage and I don't like the play they're putting on, and this article is a prime example of the truth as to what the virus is being used for.

The basic point of this thread and pointing out this article is that yes, politicians and leaders all over are looking at this virus as an excuse to push their agendas as many of us have already speculated, and here we go catching them blatantly admitting it.
This does not bode well.

Again, C19 is just C19, a virus.

But it is also an opportunity.

Here's hoping they use it as a good opportunity to do good things, and not an excuse to push their BS on everyone.

Do we trust the government to learn and help?

I didn't want to believe this side of this whole mess, but now I'm beginning to wonder...
edit on 2-4-2020 by Crosswinds because: added info

edit on 2-4-2020 by Crosswinds because: grammar

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Crosswinds
Lots of entities benefit from Covid-19. I'm getting my family positioned to cash-in too. It's too bad the MSM, NBA, Governors over-reacted, but it is what it is.

edit on 4/2/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Would you suggest we dont learn from and alter our government and society after this enormous ordeal? How would we benefit from not trying to avoid the same mistakes and shortcomings? I may be confused.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

I'd say learn from it and do the best we can to rebuild a better society.
Politicians will just follow power, money, and votes. But at what cost?
Does "new agendas" always mean bad, as in the CT mindset, or can we trust a positive outcome?
That's something only time will tell.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It's been their plan all along I bet. We gave them plenty of time to not only cover their tracks but to make plans full speed ahead.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

They must have been planning something alright, and just waiting for the right moment. And this is it.

I still don't believe the virus was released on purpose or man made, but it's pretty obvious that it's an opportunity that has been prepared for.

Once again, I just hope it's a positive agenda.
Can't trust that... but we can hope.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Lets hope the conservatives see this as an opportunity to push bringing back manufacturing.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It’s the war we needed to give us a common goal and fight back against a common enemy, so now industries can make a comeback by selling us, the consumer, what we think we need to keep us safe...well at least until the next economic correction.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

That's another thing. Consumerism.
Technology is beautiful when invented to fill a genuine need.
Evil when invented to fill a pocket.
When a genuine need is filled, the pockets fill anyway, so why not take the high road?
Nope. They take the quick road.
And nobody "up there" is afraid to use that "need for new" against the people. Locked in our homes with nothing but our phones, alexas, cortanas, siris, and social media to entertain us? Talk about in the clutches, no?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Just following the UN's plan to drag 1st world nations down to 3rd world status .
As they learned it would be impossible to uplift any 3rd world country to 1st world status , much less all of em

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Do we trust the government to learn and help?

Of course not.

D's working for D's, R's working for R's, middle of the aisle voices don't get heard. Pretty obvious.

The people are the commodity and whatever can get sold to or through them will be so. Boundless greed coupled with absolute power, which certainly could come with a human nature argument, will kill this species. imo of course.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Speaking with the cashier in the liquor store just now about it. Her quote, was this, "We have all lost our #ing minds, except the assholes banking it from the situation."

AMEN

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Lets hope the conservatives see this as an opportunity to push bringing back manufacturing.

Pleas don’t use that angle.

This argument was made during the industrial revolution. “Machines are coming for my job!” The horror!

US economy is 70% service based and it crushes the world.

We don’t need more manufacturing jobs - robots will do that and are doing that.

If you ever want to question the tired narrative you present - consider this.

We had about a 20 trillion dollar economy last year in the US with a population of around 330mm people. That’s larger than China who has a 1.3is billion person population. Why? Because they do manufacturing! You gotta make a # load of .75 cent spatulas for WalMart to make much money...

If you want to do well economically in the long run you automate and repurpose labor. It’s already happened once and it led us to being the most prosperous country on earth.

If it’s about “jobs”, well, then people should go learn new skills. It’s not my problem if someone wants a “manufacturing job” popping rivets into something that a robot can do more quickly, consistently and 24 hours a day without the need for benefits, sick days, retirement contributions, etc.

It’s up to those “displaced workers” to get with the times and learn a new skill and pivot with technology.

You can’t preach “bring back manufacturing!” and “personal responsibility/accountability” at the same time.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crosswinds
a reply to: randomthoughts12

They must have been planning something alright, and just waiting for the right moment. And this is it.

I still don't believe the virus was released on purpose or man made, but it's pretty obvious that it's an opportunity that has been prepared for.

Once again, I just hope it's a positive agenda.
Can't trust that... but we can hope.

I agree this wasn’t some man made bioweapon.

It is a crisis and it is being exploited.

I don’t operate in hope, I operate based on what I can observe and quantify and let that drive my conclusions.

If holding out hope here helps you - more power to you - but in my view that hope is sorely misplaced.

Politicians are in it for themselves (largely) - this is a money/power grab for select groups. That’s it. And that’s why you’re stuck in your house.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Hope should never drive conclusions. I completely, 100% solidly agree.
There's nothing wrong with taking a positive view emotionally, but I agree that it should never drive conclusions.

The problem with using this crisis as a building block (and here's that word again, I hope I'm wrong in the coming paragraph), is that yes, all politicians do is follow three things:
Power.
Money.
Votes.

If it benefits them, that's where they go.

I hate to turn this whole thing political (and perhaps I'll launch a mud pit thread in a bit), but could anyone tell me a recent time that a politician did something genuinely in the interest of the people?

i mean a long term, big move.

Again, I hope this doesn't happen, but it probably will. C19 is a stage for government power and we all know it.

Never allow a crisis to go to waste.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

If we depend on other countries to make stuff for us then what is happening now will happen in the future.

Robots are not we need to start making our own materials.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

But when we make it's more expensive because unions and stuff.

posted on Apr, 5 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crosswinds
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

That's another thing. Consumerism.
Technology is beautiful when invented to fill a genuine need.
Evil when invented to fill a pocket.
When a genuine need is filled, the pockets fill anyway, so why not take the high road?

My question would be why do people keep buying # they don't need? And why is that the manufacturer's fault?

top topics

join