It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You SNITCH for Covid?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Nope, have never snitched on anyone and I'm not about to start now. However if you get up in my personal space I will tell you to back the eff up, and not politely either! (Had to do that once this week already.)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: opethPA
don't want to deal with people doing what they feel is the right thing then don't do the crime.

I'll say the same to anyone endorsing violating the document that bestows authority for laws against crime to begin with, the Constitution. I'm doing what I feel is right and, dare I say, the Constitution and history of this country's founding agrees with me.

That's a fair statement and while it can be debated in these times what falls under that category and what doesn't I can fully support the place this statement is coming from.

The "snitches get stitches" BS is pseudo tough guy talk for criminals who get or have previously been caught.

It's cool though...Street cred and all that vs actual leadership and accountability.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Helping people not spread a deadly virus ??
Nahh.. playing ball is more important

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

So narc-ing on people is "helping" them.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Just joking around with you bro...chill.

Your right about one thing I couldn't be a cop even though I went for the Port Authority cop test years ago and failed miserably.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

C'mon, we know you're really her ...

Buzzed on wine and calling in your neighbors over clandestine bunco.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Nope, have never snitched on anyone and I'm not about to start now. However if you get up in my personal space I will tell you to back the eff up, and not politely either! (Had to do that once this week already.)

And that is reasonable

A snitch culture never works out, further divides an already divided populace.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Guess i could use this as a weapon against people i hate.

Thanks for the tip.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
One of the reasons our society works the way it does is because we mostly trust each other.

One sure way to break that down is make us all suspicious as all heck of each other by encouraging us to become snitches looking for ways to gain advantage and feel all virtuous by becoming a nation of tattle tales.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Spacespider

So narc-ing on people is "helping" them.

Those kids playing happily in the field could exchange viruses.. go home and bring death to granny, mom and dad
It only takes two to spread this virus, people need to dig down.. until the smart people come up with a cure.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The world has always had sneaky little chickenshiets hiding in the shadows of life just waiting to get their rocks off.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Damn right I would! Especially if there was a death penalty involved.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'll say the same to anyone endorsing violating the document that bestows authority for laws against crime to begin with, the Constitution.

both Federal and State Constitutions authorize Quarantine and Isolation.

The Federal government derives its authority for isolation and quarantine from the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution. Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.
The authority for carrying out these functions on a daily basis has been delegated to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Under 42 Code of Federal Regulations parts 70 and 71, CDC is authorized to detain, medically examine, and release persons arriving into the and traveling between states who are suspected of carrying these communicable diseases. As part of its federal authority, CDC routinely monitors persons arriving at land border crossings and passengers and crew arriving at U.S. ports of entry for signs or symptoms of communicable diseases.
When alerted about an ill passenger or crew member by the pilot of a plane or captain of a ship, CDC may detain passengers and crew as necessary to investigate whether the cause of the illness on board is a communicable disease.
Who has the authority to enforce isolation and quarantine because of a communicable disease?

The Feds haven't completely implemented complete Quarantine and Isolation, but they have issued guide lines for this.

it's the law of the land and doesn't violate any rights. at least there has not been a supreme court case that says it has. if you feel it does stop talking out your ass and sue the Federal Government, who knows maybe then you can say you fought the law and the law won.

and if you want to check your state, here is a list and the articles of the states constitutions that authorizes their actions.
although not a complete list of all the applicable statues. it gives one a base to research just what your states laws allow.
again if there have been a violation of rights, some somebody would have sued them and or the fed and we would have some note of it some where if it was found it has.

State Quarantine and Isolation Statutes

edit on 2-4-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Rule 1 No snitching

Rule 2 No self snitching

Rule 3 ???

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

You don't know the circumstances of those kids playing in the field though.

What if they're like my family? We're going nowhere near "granny and grampy" for the duration. It's just us, and we're all young enough and healthy enough that we have a reasonably good chance of surviving this virus if we get it.

Who are you to decide you know our own situations and make better decisions for us than we can?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You don't know the circumstances of those kids playing in the field though.

What if they're like my family? We're going nowhere near "granny and grampy" for the duration. It's just us, and we're all young enough and healthy enough that we have a reasonably good chance of surviving this virus if we get it.

Who are you to decide you know our own situations and make better decisions for us than we can?

Sure, but if they get to play.. other kids will see them from their windows and want to go play with their friends to..
Or question why they are allowed and not them.

There have to be a rule set to follow in times like these, not everyone is as thoughtful as your family.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Snitches get stitches. Perhaps some need reminded of that fact.

Do we get paid, or is it like the "Red Flag" laws were you turn in the people who don't like?

edit on 2-4-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Snitches get stitches. Perhaps some need reminded of that fact.

I hate that saying. You're encouraging thugs to beat up honest citizens that are trying to clean up their neighborhood. Every time I hear that I want to beat that person to a pulp and see how they like it.

Now if people do it maliciously just to get someone in trouble, they should be punished for doing that.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

So because some people are dicks, you'll turn in my family all the same? You realize my kid is, even now, one of those "kids in the field"?

Thanks for nothing.

I won't keep him in. He's already been broken down in tears because he's lost school, he's lost his martial arts practice, and now you want to snitch because other people are stupid and it's for their good and rob him of the time he gets with friends?

Should I send him over to you when he's broken basket case at night?

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Snitches get stitches and end up in ditches. I'm not going to last long with China in charge. Ill end up in a ditch and not from being a snitch.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join