It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Boise Idaho

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
So about 150 miles, give or take from the hot spot? This apocalypse is getting boring.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't know what is with Phage

I got covid in mn and didnt get tested....

Idaho actually had an earthquake.....

Why comment on every thread you see?

"Hillary will win the 2016 election"

-Phage out 2016

He seems to attract these people on earth quake threads.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

since youre the resident expert........

Whats the depth of this thing say? and the aftershocks>?

This was rather a shallow quake, but i am not sure if Idaho has a magma chamber that close to the surface like Yellowstone park has.

I’m not sure about the magma chamber either, but we do have a lot of geothermal activity around here.
There are hot springs all over the place (heaven for backpackers and such), & an area around downtown Boise features several homes that make use of the natural hot water.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

since youre the resident expert........

Whats the depth of this thing say? and the aftershocks>?

I am not an expert, and there are probably more people with more knowledge than me on earthquakes in the forum.

There are two relatively young fault lines close to Stanley.

You can see them in this map.

www.idahogeology.org...

USGS claims there is a 4% chance that this will produce a larger earthquake in the next couple weeks or so. But more aftershocks of lesser magnitude are probably going to happen.

As for the depth, the deeper the epicenter is the weaker the earthquake becomes, because with distance the magnitude lessens, and technically earthquakes cannot occur close to the surface as two blocks of crust must slip against each other for an earthquake to occur. BTW, larger quakes can occur deeper underground, but with distance the magnitude decreases.

This was rather a shallow quake, but i am not sure if Idaho has a magma chamber that close to the surface like Yellowstone park has.

As far as the magma chambers are concerned, maps show that there IS fairly large magma chambers FROM yellowstone within the area of this quake.....please take a look and get back to me or Message me, id like to talk further if you can

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Underground nuke?
Second line.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Felt it in Elko NV

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Interesting. Someone needs to send a Bat signal to True American. I wonder where he's been....
edit on 31-3-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: antar
I was thinking California should prepare for their next big quake.

edit on 31-3-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
All we need is a major volcano to erupt now, Grasshoppers in Africa, disease spreading like mad, earthquakes, and deceivers going wild. Oh wait, we may need a few tsunamis. Oh yeah, I guess god promised not to have another great flood so check that. Where are the horsemen and the trumpet sounds....oh yeah, the trumpets came first...that part is already taken care of two to three years ago.

I'm kidding....well, I hope I am kidding.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Interesting. Someone needs to send a Bat signal to True American. I wonder where he's been....

sames

it was a wild one, my first ever........she swayed and rocked and bounced the cars up and down and gave us a good party......

Like i said it was super odd how much vertigo i got before it hit.......and never being in one before i had no idea what was happening when it did for a good 5 seconds till i heard the house groan lol

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
All we need is a major volcano to erupt now, Grasshoppers in Africa, disease spreading like mad, earthquakes, and deceivers going wild. Oh wait, we may need a few tsunamis. Oh yeah, I guess god promised not to have another great flood so check that. Where are the horsemen and the trumpet sounds....oh yeah, the trumpets came first...that part is already taken care of two to three years ago.

I'm kidding....well, I hope I am kidding.

Earthquake in UT knocked the trumpet out of the hands of the Angel on the Mormon Tabernacle.

I’m sitting here, rapt, sure of the tribulations to come! (See what I did there? ) 😄

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
the map is getting machine gunned with 3.5s

it's got 20 bullet holes in it....
edit on 31-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
There's a Twin Peaks Caldera in the immediate region of the quake, but it's considered dormant/extinct. Maybe it'll fill up and relieve pressure from the Yellowstone hot spot! Or doom us all! No? Okay, probably not. Though we are mass-producing respirators #silverlining

On a serious note, I second the Bat Signal for TA idea. Love his input.

How far was this from the SLC quake? What's the time delta and what does that do (if anything) for odds of more quakes in the region. Have to think there's a good chance a couple more 4-5's in the immediate area over the next week or so, right? Where is the amateur earthquake brigade looking at the seismos?

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I have burnt incense and sacrificed a cookie and consulted the oracles at USGS who told me:

According to our forecast, over the next week there is a 4% chance of one or more aftershocks larger than magnitude 6.5. It is likely there will be smaller earthquakes over the next week, as well, with 4 to 790 magnitude 3 or higher aftershocks. Magnitude 3 and above are large enough to be felt near the epicenter. The number of aftershocks will drop off over time, but a large aftershock can increase the numbers again, temporarily.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

When I created the thread USGS didn’t have on site yet and I knew Boise was closest to it that it was the closest major city as we heard the roar. I should have updated the OP as it became more clear but got busy with family.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Yup im in boise

I felt it, and one of the aftershocks.........

Any ideas on what the depth means? good or bad? assumptions?

As i said on the other thread, i got really bad vertigo right before both hit.....my first time for earthquakes.....

Wow what a weird experience

You may be ULF sensitive.

My wife is... she got a headache and vertigo about 20 minutes before it hit us this time.

She's done that her whole life with earthquakes though... in Las Vegas, Oklahoma, etc...

When she gets that way we get out of the house.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Twin Peaks is in Washington.

I seen a TV show.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'll sponsor the next season, if the scripts involve murdering people by throwing them into active volcanoes. Maybe something ritualistic, like the critically acclaimed "Joe Versus the Volcano"

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

There will never be another Laura Palmer.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
Why would it be removed from the map?

That is the first time I have seen that for such a large quake and people are reporting it all over the area.

For the same reason USGS has been removing many earthquakes for a long time. Not that long ago Russia reported 3 7.5 earthquakes in Russia with different epicenters and different depths, yet USGS erased all but one.

BTW, as i remember in order for a thread to exist it has to have official links in the op. Not to mention that the name of the thread is even wrong. The epicenter occurred close to a small mountain city called Stanley. Stanley is not close to Boise at all. Which makes this thread wrong, and anyone actually reporting news would think this is some other earthquake that occurred in Idaho...

Oh FFS... whining about this thread because you posted another that got closed down because this OP beat you to the punch.

The thread was started because the author of the OP EXPERIENCED THE EARTHQUAKE AND POSTED THE EXPERIENCE. I posted as well because I felt it too. Did the author need a link to the story if they were a part of it? As for the title, Boise is where the author lives and it is the CLOSEST MAJOR TOWN to the epicenter.

Posts like yours are just pathetic.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join