It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From a first responder with emergency department experience

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70
Why are there no pictures or videos, none, from inside these hospitals?

For me, the hospital posts absolutely no videos, cameras, or recording devices. When you're there with actual sick children trying to get help, you really don't want to run the risk of being told to leave or having security come. If I was there for a friend and it was chaos I may sneak a video, but it isn't worth it for my situation.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Except there are.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

HIPAA is a stubborn thing, lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This is what I told a friend of mine yesterday who is in healthcare. It's like HIPAA is hindering this because no one can actually see or hear about anyone who is sick with this in the hospital. If the MSM were allowed to show the sick people or tell about them then it would be a lot more believable for some people. Right now...it is easy to see it like a hoax. Out of sight, out of mind.

A case passed away in my county and everyone was up in arms that they wouldn't even disclose where the worked, what church the went to, etc. If you want people to start taking this seriously.....tell them it was one of their coworkers, or the lady who delivered their mail!

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I also work as a paramedic in the SF Bay Area. Masks and supplies PPE are running low everywhere. My company I work for (won’t be named) told us it’s impossible to be infected with proper PPE worn. Therefore if we get sick without a confirmed “exposure” they will not compensate us for wages lost due to self quarantine. I have already transported several Covid-19 patients using the same mask provided which is not recommended but due to the crisis the CDC has made an exception. We are being told to tell people not to go to the hospital because you are more likely to get sick there than if you stay at home and ride it out. Everyone stay safe and take care.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Heres a picture of my IDs from the hospital and the fire department, and an NREMT patch (Presiding body of emergency medicine with BEMT and USDOT)

ibb.co...

I think that works. If not I'll figure out another way.

It doesn't matter - what you wrote in the OP isn't anythingnother than obvious fact and common semse. Some people are so against anything to do with either that they can't be satisfied. All I have to say to them is, "stay the ____ away from me and my family."

I don't understand why some have such strong opinions against anything and anyone working in the direction of help and influencing positive outcomes. Maybe they don't know anybody in the healthcare field. Maybe they don't know or care about any high-risk individuals. Maybe they don't understand how any of this works and are just angry and feel a need to go against the grain. Whatever it is, they are a large part of why we'll be fighting an uphill battle for some time to come.

I have many close friends and family members in the healthcare field. Nursing home workers, ER doctors and nurses, a surgical center director, and my father is starting a medication which suppresses the immune system. I give a crap, and I'm disturbed by people who don't.

If they and there's make it out of this ok, they'll have those who do care to do what's right to thank - but they won't. When the worst-case scenario they're workig toward doesn't come to pass, they'll simply wear a smug "I told you so", and go on with their lives.

Thank you OP, for the work you do, and for the useful "inside scoop."

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

a reply to: BoscoMoney

Heres a picture of my IDs from the hospital and the fire department, and an NREMT patch (Presiding body of emergency medicine with BEMT and USDOT)

ibb.co...

I think that works. If not I'll figure out another way.

It doesn't matter - what you wrote in the OP isn't anythingnother than obvious fact and common semse. Some people are so against anything to do with either that they can't be satisfied. All I have to say to them is, "stay the ____ away from me and my family."

I don't understand why some have such strong opinions against anything and anyone working in the direction of help and influencing positive outcomes. Maybe they don't know anybody in the healthcare field. Maybe they don't know or care about any high-risk individuals. Maybe they don't understand how any of this works and are just angry and feel a need to go against the grain. Whatever it is, they are a large part of why we'll be fighting an uphill battle for some time to come.

I have many close friends and family members in the healthcare field. Nursing home workers, ER doctors and nurses, a surgical center director, and my father is starting a medication which suppresses the immune system. I give a crap, and I'm disturbed by people who don't.

If they and there's make it out of this ok, they'll have those who do care to do what's right to thank - but they won't. When the worst-case scenario they're workig toward doesn't come to pass, they'll simply wear a smug "I told you so", and go on with their lives.

Thank you OP, for the work you do, and for the useful "inside scoop."

Here is the problem. HIPPA does not stop them from stating where and how, just like every news broadcast about a car wreck or crime.

When your county of millions right beside another county of more millions with a major international airport only has had maybe 4 to 6 advertised cases. Then yeah nobody is going to take it that seriously. Its not Ebola!

Most people have not even heard of anyone with it and nothing stops people from talking 😆. I have a huge family and not anyone of their friends or family have so pardon me for not listening to what the MS start wars media says.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RudeMarine

Its a good point - and people have a hard time understanding that what's happening in Italy, Spain, or New York can happen where they live too. The problem is, people want to wait until their hospitals are overrun and people are choking to death in front of them before they begin reacting.

The idea of being proactive when examples of what happens when we aren't are all around us is just too much for most people to grasp.

"Better to wait until its too late to do anythig about it."

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Thank you for your efforts.

I saw several people going to hospitals that looked very quite and surprisingly empty.

One person asked for someone/amyone to post recent photos of places that people actually went for treatment so the doubting Thomas' types can see for their selves. They are convinced there are only very few hospitals being flooded with patients. Resolving that would go a long way for people like me who don't have this going around our area very much at the moment and have little to judge on but the word of strangers and known liars operating for the demise of our very society.

We are trying to be objective but see contradictory anecdotes on all sides to be honest. Show us some pictures please. Thanks for caring no matter what the truth is to me, that is important too.

a reply to: carewemust

I don't usually talk about my profession online, or really outside of work, because its not the place for it. That being said,

Before I did this, I worked as a sous-chef for a fine dining "manor" which was a 5 diamond place. I left to do this full time, and cut my earnings by what some would call an extremely idiotic and irresponsible amount.

A lot of first responders are making hourly wages that are similar to burger flippers. the majority of the 911 calls are pretty easy stuff, but you do run into those traumas, car wrecks, overdosed kids, dead bodies and the like. And get paid peanuts for it, and also get run into the ground with unexpected (Hah, wish it was as unexpected as that word sounds) late calls. a 12 hour shift easily turns into a 15-16 hour shift.

edit on 29-3-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This makes sense. Thanks for sharing.

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

a reply to: Serdgiam

It is an interesting method, but like anything else in the medical field, it requires extensive testing, and with something as new as Covid 19, it would probably need some testing with that specific strain to note the performance.

Needless to say, that's a lot of time, and a lot of potential infections from A to B.

All viruses have a fatty outer layer (envelope)...that's the layer the recrystallizing salt destroys causing viruses in aerosol droplets to break down. The size of the viruses doesn't matter, it's the aerosol droplets which get trapped by the masks that rehydrate the salt. Aerosol droplets don't change size depending on the viruses found in them.

The method from this study is universal. The researcher who conducted the study recently said he believes it would be just as effective with this coronavirus. Link

Also..it wouldn't take any more time to test this salt method with coronavirus than it does to test the methods being touted to disinfect previously used N95 masks.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Thanks I was asking for that to share with others. A more conservative rag than normal for NY , too.

Time will tell a better tale than now. For now we go along and hope we stop it no matter. We can collectively decide what it meant after the crisis. Hopefully, we are no more vulnerable than our enemies during this event.

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Except there are.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

I actually have only seen a few people coughing. Ive only seen 1 all day. He kept his distance which was cool. Like over 70 meters.

I'm sorta astonished so many of us are not showing any symptoms at all yet.

The guy at 711 put up a full sized plastic wall around the register. You put your hand thru the tiny slit.

It wasn't there yesterday he just put it up today lol.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I'm a bit of a "prepper" Have distributed supplies to friends, family, community agencies and I still have thousands of these N95s

Where can I donate them? I don't have enough for the national stockpile but supplying an EMS agency? A hospital? Depends on where it is (size wise) probably

Also have raw material to make cavicide by the gallon and enough pool cleaner (10% Na hypochlorite) to make a ton of recommended strength disinfectant

Just say the word. Tell me what hospital or agency I'm sending it to
edit on 3/30/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns
Nice!

I think you are crazy sometimes but, I also think you are being genuine, I have no doubt you go all in.

Stay safe.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I want all disinformation agents to die slowly,
This world needs cleansed and truth needs to prevail

Babies the dirty little faeces eating, nose picking buggers are less susceptible to viruses than adults.
Eating boogies can save your life www.cbsnews.com...

Everything has been reversed....
Stay in your germ free home and fear the mutations and it won't be long till your dead.

I know the majority won't believe this. Even though the science speaks for itself, the whole pop control thing is real, they want your immune systems to be weaker, they want to mutate a common virus through global fear.. Belief fashions confirmation, so be careful what you wish for. If people believe they are going to die, they die.NOCEBOEFFECT
Ask and you shall receive.
Every thought is a prayer, every word is a spell.

And your thoughts have been compromised by a self destructive and insidious germ called fear, and it will manifest.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
I believe all these "sources" and "experts" as much as I trust the MSM and the government. Everyone has an agenda these days.

Anyone with 5 minutes and a calculator can do the very basic math to see this is one of (if not the largest) fear and disinformation campaigns perpetrated on the people of this planet.

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Stay safe vonclod

( we prefer the term 'eccentric' around these parts
)

Mah, I just get ticked off and shoot off at the mouth. Probably too much
edit on 3/30/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: vonclod

Stay safe vonclod

( we prefer the term 'eccentric' around these parts
)

Mah, I just get ticked off and shoot off at the mouth. Probably too much

Eccentric is good!

I definitely do it too..lol

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

a reply to: akira131

That's the biggest message I want people to take from this.

We need to work together.

I think you mean : "We all need to go broke together".

But ask yourself: if we do go broke on this. Wreck our economy. So then we can't even afford to restock.

What happens next time?

The economy is the WHOLE REASON we've got any supplies to begin with.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   

The sad part is, they could do a lot more tests. Which is especially effective early on in an outbreak, the longer you're hoarding testing capacity, the quicker the disease will spread. And the more it will spread to vulnerable people (like when you're not testing health care workers with symptoms in rest homes; as they are still not doing in the Netherlands, who have an equal amount of Corona-related deaths per million pop as New York State, similar population, 19 and 17 million, yet New York has already disovered over 60,000 cases of Corona whereas the Netherlands have discovered only about 10,000 cases, the rest remains undetected, and therefore is still spreading the disease in supermarkets or their work if they work in a vital sector, such as health care).

New York has over 15,000 ventilators by now, the Netherlands, with a similar population and outbreak (deaths/1M pop), can barely keep a 1,000 people in the IC on ventilators. Governor Cuomo complains about only getting 400 ventilators after a week of serious problems with Corona, when he says he needs 30,000, in the Netherlands people have to be happy when they get a 100 from a Dutch company (Philips*) after 3 weeks of serious problems with Corona, when a 1,000 were ordered a week after the serious problems started. (*: producing them in the US)

And when you're old or fragile enough, you were pretty much screwed from the start in the Netherlands cause the doctors will tell you that they do not think it's wise to try to hospitalize you or put you on a ventilator at that age or with those underlying conditions. They will try to convince you to stay home or in the rest home. Often, you won't even get tested so they won't have to count your death in the stats (and they can continue pretending that it doesn't matter or that the statistics aren't clear what result the decision to stay home would have compared to being hospitalized or going to the IC+ventilator). It's tied in with the way of thinking here about euthanasia.

They call it, or start talking about, "the quality of life", as in, if they deem the quality of someone's life isn't good enough (when they're old with underlying conditions), they won't really bother trying to safe your life with the maximum available means and effort (of course they won't say it like that, but that's what it boils down to). It's a slightly modified version of the type of thinking and reasoning expressed by G.B. Shaw below at 0:30 (in particular his last phrase "your life ... can't be of very much use to yourself", compare with the phrase "quality of life" that they keep on using in the Netherlands; and if you don't believe that your quality of life is as such that your life can't be of very much use to you or death is preferrable, then they'll subtly 'convince' you of that or the need for it, or how noble it is to give up your place for someone with a better chance of survival in this Corona crisis, that's the modern version):

What does all this result in?

Netherlands: fatality rate concerning registered cases: 7.4% (New York State: 2%, more testing, better care for the elderly, plenty of IC-beds and ventilators); Deaths/1M pop: 50 (similar to New York State and following the trend of Italy and Spain; in the Netherlands they are more deaths not registered as Corona-related than in New York State because they are testing less, so maybe New York is around 70 deaths/1M pop, but you can easily estimate 20 more deaths/1M pop for the Netherlands that aren't tested or counted, lots of elderly dying in their homes or in rest homes that are never tested)

USA: fatality rate concerning registered cases: 1.9%; Deaths/1M pop: 10
Germany has 0.96% and 8 respectively.
edit on 31-3-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join