It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Brooklyn, NYPD Raids Sleeping Truckers And Then Tow Their Semi-Trucks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I was listening to the radio the other day and a truck driver was saying due to truck stops being closed they had no place to park.
The truck driver admitted they had to illegally park in residential areas because the truck stops wouldn't even let them use the lot.
The worst place apparently was Pennsylvania.
There was 10 -15 semis parked along a residential road as they waited for their next loads.

Unreal the truck stops wouldn't let them use the lot

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I haven't encountered a single truck stop that was closed. The service plazas on the turnpikes were all closed in Pennsylvania though. Those could generously be called truck stops, if you squint really hard. The only things that I've run into that are closed are the dining areas at restaurants in the truck stops. The restaurant itself is open, but it's takeout only.

Truck parking has always been an issue. They did a study a few years ago that was supposed to lead to more parking (surprise, it didn't), and found that they were thousands of parking spots short across the country. Some states had almost no parking in them, but huge numbers of trucks going through.
edit on 3/24/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

A lot of rest areas are closed - and it's safer for a guy to sleep in his cab than to get a hotel room.

That's some NYC-level jack-assery right there - the same people wanting those rigs towed will be the same ones crying 'cause the Whole Foods is out of their favorite organic avocados ...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: squittles

I don't even like taking short naps in rest areas. My other half will sometimes, but I hate sitting in them longer than I absolutely have to.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If truck drivers had any sense they would organize into a union and then they would boycott places like NYC until they made concessions. Also what they could do is set up large warehouses and cold storage units outside of large metropolitan areas and have the over the road drivers pickup and deliver their loads out there. And local truckers could do the last mile deliveries. Would probably cost a little more in a place like NY but that would be their problem.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Truck drivers can't even agree the sky is blue. With all the major carriers, and the rift between "real" drivers and people they don't consider truckers, there's absolutely zero chance of ever seeing a nationwide truckers union beyond something like OOIDA for Owner Operators. I fully agree on the boycotting NYC though.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: squittles

I don't even like taking short naps in rest areas. My other half will sometimes, but I hate sitting in them longer than I absolutely have to.

Out of curiosity how come?

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
you're anti-semitic if you criticize the Jews for complaining

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

If they're not totally blocked by drivers looking for parking, at night they're dimly lit, there's no security and not many people around, and to say the bathrooms suck would be being nice. Quite a few incidents of drivers being killed and robbed are rest areas or other non truck stop parking places.

Granted truck stops can be pretty bad too, but at least there you usually have people around, and it's fairly lit up. I'm just a lot more comfortable there when it comes time to sleep.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

When does the media start swarming DeBlasio?

Trump will get blamed on CNN for this, guarantee it.

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
And truckers know exactly where to park and where not to .
Some take chances though , just to be there when the dock doors open...

You always have to be "that guy"

Let us know when you pull that stick out of your ass.

Respect muh authorita!

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ZapBrannigan3030

Not surprising. NY is trash. Most mega cities are.

I'd cuss you out , but t's better not to start a fight especially when everyone is on edge, hope your town or village continues do well...

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

When does the media start swarming DeBlasio?

He is a democrat. that will never happen, no matter what. The least they would do is diminish his media coverage.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join