It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Brooklyn, NYPD Raids Sleeping Truckers And Then Tow Their Semi-Trucks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This story got me fired up.

First of all they're illegally parked semi-trucks, not "trailers." Secondly, these truckers were probably napping because by law, they are only allowed to drive so many hours. These truckers were probably napping until their trailers were finished being loaded with palletized freight and supplies. Considering the circumstances we're now in, due to the coronavirus, why the heck would the NYPD not issue them a warning? Why tow their rigs to an impound lot with expensive fees? What a dick move.

NYPD Deputy Inspector James King, the commanding officer of the 66th Precinct, tweeted about the operation right after it happened, but has since deleted the post in which he bragged about having illegally parked tractor trailers towed in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic emergency.

Officers from the 66th Precinct and the NYPD Traffic Enforcement Division descended on the block to wake up the out-of-state truck drivers, most of whom were catching a nap while they waited for their trailers to be reloaded for another trip, Advocacy for LEOs reported.

On Monday, instead of waking up and returning to pick up their goods to haul, the truckers were forced to deal with the impound lot to retrieve the trucks, leaving much needed supplies on pallets inside parked trailers.

defensemaven.io... d=IwAR0h0oagS8-HcI2Sp2MfqxLdcLWgRO0DdFhDQKYXj-u_xKWzPQCP0m3qbBA

Turns out, this action was instigated because Jewish leaders in the area complained that the trucks were blocking their parking.

The NYPD source explained to Blue Lives Matter that the Orthodox and Hasidic communities are a politically powerful voting bloc in that area and elected officials usually try hard not to raise their ire.

“This is a situation where the precinct commander didn’t have the balls to tell the community leaders that they’re being ridiculous,” the NYPD official told Blue Lives Matter. “Why would he send officers to mess with these truckers who need to deliver supplies, effectively exposing all of the officers and the truckers to each other for no reason? It’s just inexcusable.”

defensemaven.io... d=IwAR0h0oagS8-HcI2Sp2MfqxLdcLWgRO0DdFhDQKYXj-u_xKWzPQCP0m3qbBA

With so many rest stops closed, is it a wonder why these truckers needed to rest and catch some shut eye? Would it have been so hard for an officer to politely give them a warning and direct them to a place where they could legally park? Shame on those Jewish leaders who complained. How hard would it have been to give these truckers a pass, since they're delivering supplies to your community?

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Not surprising. NY is trash. Most mega cities are.

These truckers are literally driving round the clock to keep supplies flowing to keep what little is left of normalcy for most Americans.

Then they get harassed by the jackass patrol.

Of course they are so clueless and oblivious to the current situation that they brag about in online.

I'd like to have seen the "shock" on their face when they realized how hard they were getting blasted for that stupid move.

edit on 24-3-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Think in times like these with the corona the cops should look away.

unless they are refrigerated trailers , trust me you don't want them parked on your block.

If they run on the diesel engine they make a nasty sound.

But if they are just non refrigerated that shouldnt be a problem.

The supply chain infrastructure is the last thing that keeps us from anarchy.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

When does the media start swarming DeBlasio?

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Since he's a democrat they won't.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Interesting.

Maybe truckers will no longer be delivering supplies to Brooklyn.

Well done.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
flagg....for the report of the MONEY HUNGRY police in New York...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I refused to do any business in NYC. Closest I ever went there was crossed the George Washington Bridge heading towards New Hampshire or Vermont one time. Tolls were bad enough.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hope truckers say no to delivering supplies, they dont even have to stop just say they are going to and watch that clown get lynched.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Drove it once, very early in my career. Never again. We'd go up north in New York, and northern New Jersey, but I'll be damned if I'm ever driving into NYC again.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
A bad cop? In New York no less!? Color me shocked. I hope this officer and his family get horribly ill with cov19 and can't get supplies for themselves.

Prick

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If it were better times, I'd say..blockade the neighbourhood, I kid but WTF is wrong with people.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Ah yes...all over parking spots.

Strong but selfish voting block, weak mayor, weak Police Chief...

Never mind there is a crisis going on. Never mind emergency goods need to get from A to B. Nope. It's all about where I am comfortable parking my Mercedes.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
They should drop off a trailer full of ham for the Orthodox and Hasidic communities.

(post by Jonjonj removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

As far as I'm concerned Both NY city and Seattle can starve.
My dispatch knows I won't go there and if they try. I'll bring
the truck back to the yard and render my services to the
next carrier. Few days of down time is always welcome
any way. But my current dispatch knows to let me sit
if all they have is NY or Seattle. Keeps me happy.

I refuse to drive a refeer also. The corporate Nazis for most
places suck. If your early they send you away if they don't
have staging. If your late they send you away and you have
to reschedule. On time I waited a day and a half to unload
at united foods once. Absolutely not worth it. Dry van
or FO.

edit on 24-3-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
And truckers know exactly where to park and where not to .
Some take chances though , just to be there when the dock doors open...

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Because, by god, we have to enforce the parking rules in the middle of a national emergency or it's the end of society as we know it!

Most drivers take the chance, especially in New York, because there's nowhere to park within 50 or 60 miles of where your load is being loaded, and the customer won't let you stay on their property. Especially in the Northeast. Yet another reason I won't go anywhere near there anymore.

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

What a pig when you get busted for being a pig blame the Jews. Those tractor trailers were parked and towed from in front of the cemetery in Bay Parkway wasn't even at residential neighborhood wasn't even near anyone's houses

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

What a pig when you get busted for being a pig blame the Jews. Those tractor trailers were parked and towed from in front of the cemetery in Bay Parkway wasn't even at residential neighborhood wasn't even near anyone's houses

I got a ticket for parking a refeer in residential once. I get it my bad
I paid no problem. But one has to realize how this world pushes
human beings to the breaking point. If one of those truckers flipped
out at the impound and shot a bunch of people. This story would only
read about a crazed trucker. And never mention why he finally flipped.

Why is there so much security every where when there didn't used to be?
Because they know people are being pushed to the breaking point. And
they don't give a crap. Just gun em down when they finally lose it. This
world is rigid and unforgiving filled with sick cops that find it enjoyable.
edit on 24-3-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join