It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus Bill is "Tremendous Opportunity to Restructure Things to Fit Our Vision"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This is the damage I mentioned in a post of mine.

I couldn't, of course, specify what that would be, but here we go nonetheless.

Welcome to "New America".

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Their vision is far more important than the livelihoods of American workers. Nancy Pelosi put a lot of pork in the first bill. The 8.8 billion dollar bill.

By the way, she crafted that bill, sent it over to the Senate and they did a Voice vote and passed it immediately because of the urgency of the situation.

Contrast that with a how the sick old heifer is treating the Senate bill, that brings relief to American workers.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I actually read a point by point detail of why the Dems should hold out for their every screwy demand followed by a generic “Remember to never vote Republican again.” as the closer.

Strange days.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
twitter.com... lady from twitter covering some of the weirder things in pelosis bill

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
These people have taken the term "Never let a crisis go to waste" to another level.

Please Democrats explain to me what C02 emissions has to do with a pandemic relief bill.

Everything. They clearly think they stand to win either way because they think the Republicans have to have it, and they also know with several Pubs in quarantine, they have a slender advantage in numbers.

They're ruthlessly trying to take advantage of the situation in the most disgusting way possible.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Pelosi’s Coronavirus Stimulus Bill Mentions ‘Diversity’ 32 Times

freebeacon.com...

Furthermore, the House bill states that all corporations receiving federal aid "must maintain officials and budget dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives for no less than 5 years after disbursement of funds."

"Inclusion" is code for sneaking The Equality Act in under the emergency relief program, and letting any man who "self-IDs" as a woman self-ID as a woman... at his whim. They know it won't pass any other way.

It's a big fat FU to their many women supporters who know self-ID is a danger to women and girls, to their person and their rights... let me correct that: former supporters no doubt!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Thank you -- I haven't had a chance to read anything myself yet.

Keep it coming! Excerpts and your own observations are welcome too.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Goad to see so many people questioning suggested government policy and not just letting the government do whatever they want without answering basic questions cause "people will die if we dont act now!"

This is why we should question all the government responses to this virus (suspending habeus corpus, bailing out airlines, shutting down large sectors of the economy), because corrupt government officals will use a crisis as a power grab

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just heard about this in Santa Monica...

City to Fine Those Who Violate Emergency Coronavirus Orders

Those who violate orders to stay at home, shut down non-essential businesses, halt tenant evictions or keep away from the Santa Monica Pier during the coronavirus emergency face fines of as much as $1,000 per citation.

The screws are tightening.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's not either/or. You are the only one who seems to think it is.

Either we do X or we do Y with no middle ground.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Crisis not Wasted.

Corks popping off the champagne bottles soon 🥶

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's not either/or. You are the only one who seems to think it is.

Either we do X or we do Y with no middle ground.

Never said it was either or.

I explained i fcould even acceot the measures the government took if they answered basic questions before hand.

The only either or is either we demand the government answer questions before drastic measures that take away our rights/ destroy the economy, etc.

Or we dont.

I think we should always demand answers to basic questions.

many think its ok to not have answers to those questions if their side is making the policy

I reject that

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
F that vision
That is all

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
so far some gems ,if a corporation wants bail out funds they have to pay 15 an hour minimum ,30% reduction in emissions by air lines and no ceo may make 50x more then its lowest paid employee still reading throuhg the bill but is baffling as all hell so far assets.documentcloud.org... if any one wants to read it......

Thank you! I did not even know there was a bill posted yet. I thought it was still being written.

Thank you for the correction and link!

They didn't even write a bill. They just cobbled together a bunch of their favorite programs into one giant bill and threw a little disaster relief on top of it and are pretending it's a better bill than the Senate bill. Most of it doesn't even have anything to do with the disaster relief.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

so far some gems ,if a corporation wants bail out funds they have to pay 15 an hour minimum ,30% reduction in emissions by air lines and no ceo may make 50x more then its lowest paid employee still reading throuhg the bill but is baffling as all hell so far assets.documentcloud.org... if any one wants to read it......

Thank you! I did not even know there was a bill posted yet. I thought it was still being written.

They didn't even write a bill. They just cobbled together a bunch of their favorite programs into one giant bill and threw a little disaster relief on top of it and are pretending it's a better bill than the Senate bill. Most of it doesn't even have anything to do with the disaster relief.

Its been my fear that by accepting this government shutdown or whatever you call it, and not making the government answer basic questions as to why this was necessary, we have opened the path for democrats to declare an emergency on climate change as soon as they get power and pass the green new deal under the emergency

And they didnt even wait for climate change! They pushed it to fight this virus, and may even get some of it if republicans cave!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What have you done to not accept this shutdown?
Specifically?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Why is this something people keep saying?

What have you done to help find a cure for the virus?

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: face23785

Its been my fear that by accepting this government shutdown or whatever you call it, and not making the government answer basic questions as to why this was necessary, we have opened the path for democrats to declare an emergency on climate change as soon as they get power and pass the green new deal under the emergency

And they didnt even wait for climate change! They pushed it to fight this virus, and may even get some of it if republicans cave!

You need 3/5ths of the Senate and 1/2 the House to pass legislation.

To my knowledge, declaring a national emergency doesn't change the rules of the House and Senate needed to pass legislation.

So how exactly will they be able to pass the green new deal? They'd have to have the numbers to pass it, and if they have the numbers to pass it, it doesn't matter if they declare an emergency or not.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Declare a national emergency.

Shut down businesses contributing to that emergency, like fossil fuel industry.

easy peasy

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Its been my fear that by accepting this government shutdown or whatever you call it, and not making the government answer basic questions as to why this was necessary, we have opened the path for democrats to declare an emergency on climate change and [anything else they decide to call an emergency] as soon as they get power and pass the green new deal under the emergency

Of course they will. There is no doubt of it.

Which is why no amount of explanation is necessary, and especially when it's based on who and how many people are dying. That's identity politics. That opens the door to also making determinations about who deserves to live and not live. We are already dangerously close to that already. That's identity politics at its absolute most evil.

The purported issue is hospital beds and all the equipment to go along with it to adequately treat patients who need help. If that's the problem, then they are going to need all of that anyway. We don't need to be quarantined for that to happen.

There is much that could be and should be done by government, by the healthcare industry, and by the people. Everyone has a role to play here. And the part of the people should be of their own free will to the absolute greatest extent possible.

No explanations. Just no.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join