It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research & Articles on Vitamin C for Pneumonia, Lung Infections, & the Novel Coronavirus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

Thank you for posting that. I know dandelions are recommended for low iron, and I've even put them in salads.

But ya know what's odd? I've had no dandelions come up this year. Lots of wild mustard, and another one with pretty yellow flowers has filled the field behind our home, and all over. But no dandelions.

So definitely good advice if you have some, leave some to multiply and germinate.

On the plus side, the bees are loving the citrus blossoms right now!

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
a reply to: AlienView

The numbers claimed here 10, 20, 50 gr are insane. Most of it will be excreted through urine.

Vitamine C increases iron absorption. The body cannot excrete excess iron.

Excess vitamin C is excreted from the body as oxalate. Oxalate can lead to the formation of kidney stones.

So overdosing on Vitamine C when not in critcal condition is a stupid idea imho.

Why would you even say such things? Do you WANT to discourage and frighten people???

Yes, the numbers are high, which is why it's called "high-dose." And such doses are typically given via IV, not orally, thus providing greater saturation and bioavailability. As for the increased iron absorption, yes, but unless one is getting too much iron, that's not a problem with the C. That's a problem with the iron. The Vitamin C cannot absorb any more iron than there is to be absorbed. So if that's a problem, reduce the iron. Bringing up the kidney stones is just a scare tactic, because that would happen with long-term high-dose oral vitamin C.

Finally, overdosing on anything isn't good... that's why it is "over" dosing. These are high doses for temporary therapeutic medical reasons. And there are, as the link shows, plenty of published peer-reviewed clinical studies to tell it is effective and it does heal and even brings sick people back from the very brink of death.

edit on 23-3-2020 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Thank you! I've seen a few doctors recommend Vitamin C for CoV-19, but I was disappointed at the lack of clinical studies cited.

Because there aren't many - because it can't be patented, therefore there is no money in it.

That said, there seems to be a ton here, but more importantly, it appears this one:

Intravenous vitamin C as adjunctive therapy for enterovirus/rhinovirus induced acute respiratory distress syndrome

is pure gold! If I'm reading this correctly, this would absolutely allow anyone with COVID-19 - or any other similar illness - to insist on and demand high dose IV Vitamin C by way of the Right to Try law. They are the ones who are telling everyone this could be a death sentence, so they can't (but I'm sure they will) turn around and argue about whether or not you are 'terminal'.

Thank you AlienView!!! I just wish - no, I hope President Trump notices it, and starts investigating it without consulting Fauci or any of the other CDC medical mafiosos.

Maybe if everyone started tweeting at Trump to please please please give a listen to Dr. SHIVA Ayyadurai. Here he is explaining the Modern (understanding) of the Immune System.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I am too tired to read all those articles tonight.
What are the dosages Of vitamin C are they saying could possibly help?

It isn't just dosage, it is also giving it via IV.

Taking it this way allows for much higher doses - minimal therapeutic dose is 25grams, up to about 100grams per day.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

what doe sit hurt? if I absorb too much it's going to give me diarrhea?

One reason IV is best is it doesn't have that problem (causing diarrhea).

perhaps, or an upset stomach? not any more violent than a virus that wants to eat my lungs and brain eh?

I've been taking about 25 grams per day orally for about a month now, the diarhhea is almost gone, and no other (negative) symptoms. I'm taking it because I can't afford to get sick right now.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
The numbers claimed here 10, 20, 50 gr are insane. Most of it will be excreted through urine.

Not when it is given by IV.

Vitamine C increases iron absorption. The body cannot excrete excess iron.

Not a huge risk according to the NIH, except in some special cases.

Excess vitamin C is excreted from the body as oxalate. Oxalate can lead to the formation of kidney stones.

Sorry, debunked.

So overdosing on Vitamine C when not in critcal condition is a stupid idea imho.

As you said, it was just your opinion... and wring at that.

Read the linked research - or just go on about your life in ignorance.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
it probably just reduces the inflammation in the lungs and lets the person get more oxygen, as a result they can withstand the virus and increase their chances of survival. but even then it doesn't do anything to the virus, especially if the heart and/or lung damage is too severe, at that point the inflammation reduction is probably significantly reduced.

so while it might have some effect and helps people survive the virus, it doesn't inhibit the virus in any way and it's up the persons immune system and health condition if they survive or not, so vitamin c is probably useful but only does so much and won't stop the virus.

that's all speculation on my part but that makes the most sense with what I've read about how covid19 kills with pneumonia.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Orthomolecular Medicine News Service, Mar 21, 2020

High-dose Intravenous Vitamin C Treatment for COVID-19

by Adnan Erol, M.D.

(OMNS Mar 21, 2020) The evidence about COVID-19 pneumonia and well-established knowledge about related conditions suggests it is caused by the hyperactivation of immune effector cells. High-dose vitamin C may suppress these immune system effectors. As intravenous high-dose vitamin C treatment is known to be safe, this suggests that intravenous high-dose vitamin C may be the treatment of choice in the early stages of COVID-19.

Coronaviruses (CoVs) are large, enveloped, and positive sense RNA viruses that infect a broad range of vertebrates and cause disease of medical and veterinary significance. Human respiratory corona viruses have been known since the 1960s to circulate worldwide and to cause respiratory infection with rather mild symptoms, suggesting that they are well-adapted to the human host. However, zoonotic coronaviruses, such as severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), can cause severe respiratory tract infection with high mortality [1].

See whole article here:
www.orthomolecular.org...

NOTE: If you google the title of this post the information will not cume up - What you will get is 'the agenda' of debunker
articles telling you how viatmin C is useless - But remember there is very little money to be made in Vitamen C !!!

More articles on this subject [and others] can be seen here:
www.orthomolecular.org...

edit on 23-3-2020 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2020 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join