It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holding the Chinese accountable

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have seen trump attacked for calling this pandemic the Chinese Wuhan flu... even though the media was doing it too.
Apparently the Spanish, Asian, Russian and Hong Kong flu’s weren’t racist just trump wasn’t president then so it didn’t matter.
Funny how that works.

But to the point.
Everyone knows where this flu started. China, Wuhan, Hubei province.
Everyone knows the Chinese government ignored the problem until it was too late.
All because their need to save face.

There is question if this started in a wet market, but they have known for years of the dangers of this practice.
A study in 2007 in the American society for microbiology states that wet markets where eating horseshoe bats and other exotic mammals are a ticking time bomb. The Chinese culture has some odd habits. Don’t believe me? Just search for Chinese eating live animals.. baby birds in the nest....frying a live dog....Bats...etc..

interestingengineering.com...

We also have rumors that the Chinese patient zero was likely from November hence the 19 in the viruses name.

www.livescience.com...

For some unknown reason the Chinese also had their new year celebrations involving millions knowing full well the virus was spreading.

Did Italy get hit so hard because of all the Chinese laborers working in Italy in the garment industry?

www.newyorker.com...

Like trump or not, he has this one right.. it’s the Chinese Wuhan flu.
Deal with that one.

Now what should happen to China?
Personally I say after this is all over we hand them the bill. This will cost billions or more likely trillions.
Let them pay for their incompetence. Total debt forgiveness would be a start.
I could forgive them if I actually believed they were upfront and honest from the start but at this point that is laughable.

Then a concentrated effort to bring back the manufacturing of pharmaceuticals and other medical supplies from Asia.
If this hasn’t been a wake up call to the dangers of outsourcing vital materials I don’t what would be.

World leaders need to act on this before something really deadly come out of china.
edit on 21-3-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Remove most trade and manufacturing from them. I would think this whole "all of our eggs in one basket" approach just got exposed for how fragile it all really is. As for sending them a bill, I think the removal of trade and manufacturing will be enough, that's just my opinion on it.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

The World Health Organization needs disbanded and it's officials need to be arrested and charged accordingly too! They were an integral part of helping China cover the mess up!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I have no issue with a full investigations of anyone or any organization involved in a cover up.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

We have massive debt to China, they shouldnt get one cent, all this debt needs to be applied to the money it will cost before this is over. They must pay for the mess they made, and to the people they killed due to their neglect and cover up.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

There's wet markets all over the world, not just in China.

The amount of propaganda against the Chinese is over the top basically red scaring 3.0, on top of this you have people on social media and uncensored extremely biased websites posting massive amounts of disinformation.
Yes, this did originate in China, yes they did lag a bit in terms of getting information out. But you also have to remember for one, it's cold and flu season, two, the timeline checks out that they knew something was up, but didn't know if it would get out of hand, when it did, the cat was out of the bag at that point.

Holding them 'accountable' is just basically the rest of the world throwing their hands up in the air and looking to blame something for the lack of response. We all sat around laughing and mocking China for their over the top response, Trump didn't close the borders with China completely, and neither did the rest of the world.
We are all just as much to blame for not taking it serious as they were to handle the situation in an authoritarian way. You honestly think China wanted this to happen? I don't think so.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
China, Wuhan province.

Slight correction: Wuhan is a city in Hubei province. Carry on.
edit on 3/21/2020 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Did they do it on purpose?
No..

But they did cover this up and they acted irresponsibly.

So they are responsible.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Fixed it..

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Hey Bluntone: No, everyone doesn't know that.
Powers of dissemination and investigation and whateverassation. Surely no one needs a primer as to false flags, etc., in that, nothing is then obvious. Powerful nation #1 could easily release bioweapon, etc. in Powerful nation #2's neighborhood, and say Powerfulnation whichever is at fault. C'mon. This is easily discernable as not so easily, well, uh, discerned.
stay safe.
tetra
edit on 21-3-2020 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

edit on 21-3-2020 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

They did? Last time I checked they were live feeding 24 / 7 hospitals being built, and were even admitting it was a strain that originated from bats. And a myriad of other information.

Again, they most likely did hide some information, but it's none of your business. We were warned, they displayed exactly how we should have acted, did we? Nope, it's now what two some odd months since it first came to our attention and we are all only NOW declaring states of emergency.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Let me guess... this is Trump's fault?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

They did? Last time I checked they were live feeding 24 / 7 hospitals being built, and were even admitting it was a strain that originated from bats. And a myriad of other information.

Again, they most likely did hide some information, but it's none of your business. We were warned, they displayed exactly how we should have acted, did we? Nope, it's now what two some odd months since it first came to our attention and we are all only NOW declaring states of emergency.

That's everyone. Canada too. China was dishonest and everyone got blind sided.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Their flu will cost us billions but it’s none of my business... got it.

We will see soon enough how much they really hid.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

There's wet markets all over the world, not just in China.

The amount of propaganda against the Chinese is over the top basically red scaring 3.0, on top of this you have people on social media and uncensored extremely biased websites posting massive amounts of disinformation.
Yes, this did originate in China, yes they did lag a bit in terms of getting information out. But you also have to remember for one, it's cold and flu season, two, the timeline checks out that they knew something was up, but didn't know if it would get out of hand, when it did, the cat was out of the bag at that point.

Holding them 'accountable' is just basically the rest of the world throwing their hands up in the air and looking to blame something for the lack of response. We all sat around laughing and mocking China for their over the top response, Trump didn't close the borders with China completely, and neither did the rest of the world.
We are all just as much to blame for not taking it serious as they were to handle the situation in an authoritarian way. You honestly think China wanted this to happen? I don't think so.

Yes, but how many Wet Markets get some of their meat from disposed lab animals from a level 4 biolab?

nypost.com...

Add to this China’s history of similar incidents. Even the deadly SARS virus has escaped — twice — from the Beijing lab where it was (and probably is) being used in experiments. Both “man-made” epidemics were quickly contained, but neither would have happened at all if proper safety precautions had been taken.

And then there is this little-known fact: Some Chinese researchers are in the habit of selling their laboratory animals to street vendors after they have finished experimenting on them.

You heard me right.

Instead of properly disposing of infected animals by cremation, as the law requires, they sell them on the side to make a little extra cash. Or, in some cases, a lot of extra cash. One Beijing researcher, now in jail, made a million dollars selling his monkeys and rats on the live animal market, where they eventually wound up in someone’s stomach.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Let me guess... this is Trump's fault?

No, it’s Winnie the Pooh’s fault...

www.bbc.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I don't think any of these cries to "investigate" or "sue" or whatever else people think should be done to china are worth the effort.

Simply put, they were getting hammered prior to this(economically) and all this will do is(in the court of public/private business opinion) hammer them even harder once this all clears up.

China is toast, they will be set back decades(6 or 7 plus) economically, they might even implode. That sounds great(cuz screw china) but that implosion could suck a lot of other countries in(if we don't have a suitable replacement to weaken the brunt of their collapse).

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

But to the point.
Everyone knows where this flu started. China, Wuhan, Hubei province.
Everyone knows the Chinese government ignored the problem until it was too late.
All because their need to save face.

Safe to say then that the Trump administration was also aware of the problem and also ignored it until it was too late all to save face.

This will be proven true when within a week the number of infections in the country surpass that of China.
edit on 3/21/2020 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Their flu will cost us billions but it’s none of my business... got it.

We will see soon enough how much they really hid.

You're blaming China, yet you don't even realize that it wasn't China who sold your nations economy out to China.

You gonna be the first to sign up to battle the Chinese in a legal, massive trade war or economic war, or actual conflict, for your corporate overlords?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join