It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Fight a Twenty Foot Man??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
While all you warriors are out fighting poking and shooting if you will get out of the way I will use an A-10 and a Vulcan cannon on his butt. That should set him down forever !

Failing me finding and arming an A-10 or another gun ship just about any artillery should do the trick with a proper round and charge.

I prefer to stand back and push a button ...while watching the enemy disappear ....

Now all of that should be after we send a volunteer out to speak and reason with the giant.. Maybe he is just misunderstood or had a bad childhood ? Maybe where he comes from he does not know it is bad to eat us little people ? Once he is psychologically understood we could have a council meeting and vote on what we should do.. Maybe give him a green card to make him or her feel better ?
edit on 727stk20 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountryto make a kill shot with a rock into some giants eye that towers up to fifteen feet or more over you..

I wish to contend did the stone actually kill Goliath?

1 Samuel 17 : 48 - 51

When you look at the translations it say yes, but it then goes on to contradict this by saying that David drew Goliath's sword, KILLED HIM and then cut off his head.

Why the need to kill again if already dead?

two different claims of the cause of death.

The cutting off of the head of maybe a sign to the enemy of defeat not the actual death blow, because as stated he took Goliath's sword, killed him and then cut off his head.

The whole thing is open to interpretation.

Also look at the alleged "GIANT OF KANDAHAR" story. Multiple soldiers with machineguns taking a while to bring down a giant.
www.snopes.com...
youtu.be...

1 Samuel 17 : 48 - 51

Catholic Bible

48 No sooner had the Philistine started forward to confront David than David darted out of the lines and ran to meet the Philistine.
49 Putting his hand in his bag, he took out a stone, slung it and struck the Philistine on the forehead; the stone penetrated his forehead and he fell face downwards on the ground.
50 Thus David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; he hit the Philistine and killed him, though he had no sword in his hand.
51 David ran and stood over the Philistine, seized his sword, pulled it from the scabbard, despatched him and cut off his head. When the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they fled.

New King James Version

48So it was, when the Philistine arose and came and drew near to meet David, that David hurried and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine. 49Then David put his hand in his bag and took out a stone; and he slung it and struck the Philistine in his forehead, so that the stone sank into his forehead, and he fell on his face to the earth. 50So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and struck the Philistine and killed him. But there was no sword in the hand of David. 51Therefore David ran and stood over the Philistine, took his sword and drew it out of its sheath and killed him, and cut off his head with it.
And when the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they fled.

GOD'S WORD® Translation

48When the Philistine moved closer in order to attack, David quickly ran toward the opposing battle line to attack the Philistine. 49Then David reached into his bag, took out a stone, hurled it from his sling, and struck the Philistine in the forehead. The stone sank into Goliath's forehead, and he fell to the ground on his face.
50So using [only] a sling and a stone, David proved to be stronger than the Philistine. David struck down and killed the Philistine, even though David didn't have a sword in his hand. 51David ran and stood over the Philistine. He took Goliath's sword, pulled it out of its sheath, and made certain the Philistine was dead by cutting off his head. When the Philistines saw their hero had been killed, they fled.

Webster Bible Translation

48And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came and drew nigh to meet David, that David hasted, and ran towards the army to meet the Philistine. 49And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and hurled it with his sling, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.
50So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David. 51Therefore David ran and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of its sheath, and slew him, and cut off his head with it. And when the Philistines saw their champion was dead, they fled.

You decide

edit on 22-3-2020 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I think I have grossly overestimated the mass of someone at twenty feet . Maybe he would only weigh like 900 pounds??
Also, if he had Loppy head with funny eye placement maybe one eye is less likely to be a kill shot. Would the head of a twenty footer be closer to a microwave or a stove???

And how thick would the skull be ?? Like three to four inches???

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
tough....reason with the oversized slob....wait....I saw it on a movie once....yezz

show him my thermal detonator

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Many hunters have been killed by elephants for shooting into the thick part of the skull and not getting a kill shot.

books.google.com.au... rmLwk0aKCVsuVA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj4ve7Toa3oAhXU7XMBHRCVCmsQ6AEwFnoECAoQAQ#v=onepage&q=shooting%20elephants%20thick%20skull&f=false

If not a perfect brain shot the elephant lives on with plenty of time to kill you.

A 20 foot giant would assumedly be similar. (thick skull, perfect shoot in exact location to penetrate to the brain.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Legos....they stop everything.

/thread

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I haven't seen these giant skeletons in person. I've only seen photos, but I don't think thag just because they were giants that their skin would be any real threat in this current time. If anything they would probably be at a huge disadvantage. They would present such a huge target that any modern weapon could easily dispatch. Imagine a giant trying to take cover. lol

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Crossbow.

Powerful enough to pierce a suit of armor in the “old days”. Doesn’t require high technology to produce in quantity.

Angle of attack against a 20ft tall non-armored humanoid target, assuming that the internal organs are similarly arranged, would make an upward assault targeting the heart (to left and slightly below the sternum) most effective.
edit on 22-3-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

go for the knees....no matter how tall, if you break a man's knees they fall to the ground.

Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Liquid copper rounds and its teats up for these guys.They drop faster from the poison than from hard target impacts.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Is that the left eye or the right eye?

Why not both? I have 5 shots.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

OWWA! And ICK!
Thanks for the visual! Did ya have to use the word pop?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Tell his wife he's been cheating.
If he ain't married, set him up with your psychotic ex-girlfriend.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: acrux

We don't know if the stone killed Goliath. The word translated as both "kill" and "slew" (King James Version) is mûwth, which is a primitive Hebrew root that means to kill but means so either literally or figuratively. It is possible the stone stunned Goliath so he appeared dead and the removal of his head was done to finish the job, but it is also possible that the stone killed him and Daniel removed his head in order to frighten the Phillistines. Remember this was in the context of an ongoing war with the Phillistines. Even though an agreement was made for a battle between champions instead of between armies, there was little to keep either side from reneging on that deal and starting a full battle.

Either way, though, the stone was what allowed David to cut off Goliath's head. So it may be an interesting bit of trivia, but in the grand scheme of things it is also a somewhat moot point.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

If one uses a base line of a 6 foot tall person weighing 200 pounds...

A twenty foot tall giant would be 3.333 times the height. Assuming all three dimensions would be similarly increased, that figure (37.037) must be cubed, then multiplied by the 200 pound base weight. That gives an estimated weight of about 7400 pounds. A little under 4 ton, or about twice the weight of the average American car.

Unless he's a fat giant, then he'd weigh more of course.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   
If we go directly to the known archaeological museums, nothing.
If we assume the scenario that they were all confiscated and destroyed... a stretch, but possible.

But archaeology does not stop, as things get unearthed everyday and remarkable discoveries are made.

Surely, by now, someone would have found one of these skeletons, if they existed, and there would be no more controversy.

Or, perhaps logic has nothing to do with it?

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: acrux

This is typical Bible type writing. It will say something like David struck the giant, and killed him, meaning that first David struck the giant and then David killed the giant. People get hung up on the... grammar, is it? I don't know what to call it.

Things get repeated in the Bible also. And sometimes stuff is added in the second telling. Like it will say Gen9 wrote a reply. It was early Sunday morning. Gen9 wrote a reply and hoped it was helpful.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Giants maybe we should define or at least think about it. 50 years ago in Asia most of the guys were lucky if they were 5'5" and the girls were 4.5 to 5.0.. So if you stood 6.2 or taller you were just about a giant to them. That was one really bad thing about being a POW because you were bigger and stronger they always thought they needed to hit you twice as hard to get your attention.

Anyone ever been on an 18 or 19th century sailing vessel ? Go below decks and if you are over 5 feet tall you are going to have to walk bent over.. So... Way back when anyone who stood as tall as one of today's basket ball players would have been called a giant of a man IMO. Of course the stories get bigger and better with the retelling . So.. if Goliath was 6 foot seven he would have been considered a giant among normal men.. I always thought that David knocked him out with the stone and used the sword to behead him... that seemed to be the custom for a fallen foe so you could carry the head back to prove your deed..

Interesting video of news paper reports from around the world of giants.. I have no problem with someone being 7 foot tall and called a giant by the average short people of the time. A balanced report and video IMO youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
That is significantly heavier than I expected. The bone density on a creature that large would pose an issue for small arms.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Even at 20 feet tall, they are still pretty fragile.

Bullets would kill them just as quickly, sure they are bigger, but not that much to the point that their biology is too hardended and thick for bullets to pass through, especially a .50 Cal. Have you seen those in action? Unless said 20 foot giant has a suit of Armor on, I'd say bring it on.

Now, if they were a 100 feet tall, then perhaps they may possess hardened biology that tickles when shot at.

However, Mans devices aren't to be easily ignore and dismissed, we Humans have incredible powerful dangerous weapons platforms.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join