It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Fight a Twenty Foot Man??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I was recently reading up on the theory of giants that may have walked this Earth in the past. Allegedly the Smithsonian museum went on a rampage of destroying large numbers of giants skeletons in the early 20th century. At least that is how the conspiracy goes.

I'm not trying to sell anyone on the existence of giants one way or the other. My curiosity goes to the Bible though, where it was said David killed a giant with his sling. And I get to thinkt, you got to be one helluva quarterback to make a kill shot with a rock into some giants eye that towers up to fifteen feet or more over you.

So let's say there was a twenty foot giant, or an army of them that land on Earth to subjugate us. How would common folk be able to fight them without explosives?? Anything short of .45 is likely just to tickle them, and even larger rounds like a .50 or higher caliber rifle rounds would probably require many well placed shots on a target actively trying to dodge them. A twenty foot man would easily crush a regular person under their foot with ease due to his mass. Probably your guts will splash out of every orifice too.

I imagine someone that tall would weigh at least two - three tons right?? I'm not sure how to calculate the weight into a person that tall, but I figure twenty foot trees usually weigh that much, maybe more.

So Giants have landed in your neighborhood. You can try to ram them with your Dodge, Chevy, or Ford truck but he would likely just kick it to the side or jump on it and crush you inside. How the heck are we supposed to fight giants without explosives??? We have to wait for nat guard to show up with artillery and ATGM's or what??

The only readily accessible tactic I can think of is too somehow hose it down with gasoline or other volatile/flammable chemical and light him up. But how fast would be able to simply run and jump Into the nearest body of water?? Would definitely have to bait him into a trap Scooby Doo style.

Any suggestions for fighting the giants?? I won't respond to the "you idiot moron there are no giants!!"

Just looking for some open minded discussion on how best to take out a twenty foot giant as a regular human.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I got me a slingshot.

Bring it.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

A sling.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Lots of tripwires and a lot of spikes.

Sorted.

Then use their boots for boats and their hats for houses.

Or...send in the eagles.
edit on 21/3/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

"How Do You Fight a Twenty Foot Man?"

You get a 21 foot Man to fight him, duh!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

A .308 to the head.

F##k the slingshot route.

Next question?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
A solid left hook to the knee ought to do it!

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The thickness of skull on a giant that size?? I honestly think the .308 would break skin and then just mushroom out onto the skull., but j feel like there wouldn't be enough kinetic force for that size projectile to penetrate someone that size .

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Just a savage over here.

*Grabs the .50*
edit on 21-3-2020 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Popping bowling ball size testicles.

/thread

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

What's his skin made of Kevlar ffs?

I don't shoot many things but my understanding is the .308 round makes quite a mess.

There used to take out deer, pronghorn, elk, moose, and bear.

I don't see a 20ft thick-skulled Man presenting much of an issue.
edit on 21-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Like ants can kill a farmer if they work together.

edit on 21-3-2020 by NoConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

The thickness of skull on a giant that size?? I honestly think the .308 would break skin and then just mushroom out onto the skull., but j feel like there wouldn't be enough kinetic force for that size projectile to penetrate someone that size .

You have never seen what a .308 AP round can do then.

We can agree to diagree...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Ya may have to buy the giant around

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
Yup I was thinking a 20 foot giant would have a big set of balls that make a large easy target
.375 H&H Mag
www.youtube.com...

edit on 21-3-2020 by skybandit because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2020 by skybandit because: Added video

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have seen what it can do to a human that averages 5'5" - 6'+ . Do you realize how large the head on a 20 foot ma. Would be?? Likely the size of a stove at least. If .22 can be defeated by a thick skulled regular human, what chance you actually think against a person scores his mass?? I will concede you may have luck if you're can manage the temple in a clean shot. But that skull would be several inches thick at least.

So far jinmi has the best answer I can fathom, but they could also be equipped with a refrigerator sized cup.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Sneak up, slice it’s Achilles heels, then stab it in the neck once it’s on the ground at your level. Setting it on fire would be a bad idea. Then you’d not only have a giant to deal with, but one that’s on fire and angry.

Go for the legs first to get rid of the height advantage.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Carry a 8.5 foot staff? Sounds about the perfect height.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I’m thinking the same.
AP aren’t that hard to find, but I suspect FMJ would be pretty damaging as well.
The trauma from a 12 guage slug is pretty ferocious, too.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oaktree

originally posted by: Lumenari

I’m thinking the same.
AP aren’t that hard to find, but I suspect FMJ would be pretty damaging as well.
The trauma from a 12 guage slug is pretty ferocious, too.

I once made the mistake of shooting an elk through the heart from the front with a FMJ round.

Blew the heart out, went through the intestines, blew out a hip bone on the way out...

A 1,200 lb animal.

It wasn't pretty and I lost some meat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join