It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the nicest religion?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined
You make a good point, but how do you clarify it and allow for the wonder of religion.

link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Shiks

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 21-3-2020 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: JON666

The Amish mafia ffs???!!!

What do they do if you step out of line, shave your eyebrows off or chorie your cart and buggy?

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I agree. Their tenets lead them to practice charity and kindness. Also while I do not believe their God on down structure or Book of Mormon, I would prefer living with them over any other religion or race.

Members in good standing tend to be insufferable bigots and misogynists under the veneer of civility.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I'm going with Buddhists also.

Although from time to time even they can get out of hand.

Also - misogynist.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

What about the Amish, they dont kick off much do they?

Aside from Rumspringa.

Authoritarian beyond reason.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Born Again Christian

🤣😂🤪

link   

Religion is the Opiate of the Masses . Nice People are Individuals .........

link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I'm not one for promoting organized religious practice in any form, but most if not all are indeed misogynist.

Far as I'm concerned people should keep their spiritual beliefs to themselves, that way they can practice whatever they wish to within reason.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Isn't it funny how scientists think science is not a religion.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Born Again Christian

🤣😂🤪

It's not offensive but it's incorrect.

Maybe it is offensive.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NoConspiracy

It's funny how people think scientists are all atheists.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

And yet scientific practices, observation and experiment, the development of falsifiable hypotheses, the relentless questioning of established views have proven uniquely powerful in revealing the surprising underlying structure of the world we live in, including subatomic particles, the role of germs in the spread of disease, and the neural basis of mental life.

Whats religion given us?

Science and religion have their differences as well as similarities but they are not the same thing.
edit on 21-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No they are actually one of the very few polytheists...
without them knowing...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The only difference i see between them both is one is dynamic and the other is static...

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Born Again Christian

🤣😂🤪

It's not offensive but it's incorrect.

Maybe it is offensive.

Okay, on a serious note, put me down for Buddhism as well.

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I don't know pal, one requires a leap of faith and the other the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

Not that i don't agree most religion is rather static and without much change whereas scientific progress is for the most part in constant change with activity and progress all over the board.
edit on 21-3-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Got to disagree - nicely that is - Christian's are the nicest but then what is a Christian and that is a whole other matter of debate since some people think it is just going to church while other's will take it all the way if they can.

Mormon's are probably mostly nice people but not all and it stray's very far from Christ's own word as a man is only really supposed to marry one woman as they become one flesh but are equal in the resurrection so no polygamy there though old testament had many examples of it so in that respect Mormonism is not in accord with Christ though mostly despite any possible heresy they are mostly decent christian folk's and mostly have good intention's, I still personally see them as a cult however but that is just my view and God know's I am not there judge only he is.

IF as a Christian I was to point to any other religion then that would be an act not only evil but harmful and wrong.

Or to put it in New Testament definition.

13Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it. 15Beware of false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

This mean's that all those people saying oh Buddhists are nice (Well tell that to the minority's in Myanmar) or the Hindu's (tell that to the people the Hindu Extremists have murdered and are persecuting) or Janists or Zoroastrian's or any other religion are actually sending those that listen to them through the WIDE gate, only the narrow gate is the nice one.

So only one religion is actually nice - but not to devil's.

link   

Jedis.

link   

originally posted by: gortex

Buddhism , hands down

If you've ever seen Buddhist temples in Southeast Asia you'd say otherwise.

Corruption levels reaching (and perhaps exceeding) the Catholic Church, and the promises of (literally) billions of years in Naraka (hell) if you don't do what they say. Which is better than the eternal torment promised by the God of Abraham, but still.

The surrounding villages are living in unbearable poverty while the temple is literally clad in gold and the fat monks gladly accept what little food is given to them by their starving flock.

There are basically two Buddhisms. The one followed by western celebrities and new agey people and the actual one.

I tend to judge religion by practical application and the practices of it's clergy and less it's teachings.
edit on 2132020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join