It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the nicest religion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I like the "The Church of George Carlin" at least he makes me laugh.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

It all depends if you think creation happens from outside in or from inside out.

Am I a extension of God , or am I a reduction of it?

Absolutely thats what I'm thinking no one understands God not even religions, and even less so science, but they at least keep trying.

Religion settled a couple of thousand years ago saying that's the best we ever get, so just shut up and burn.

Sincerely NC

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: NoConspiracy

Very deep and interesting thought, to my mind God is outside but also inside as he transcend's so the closest we can rationalize that to is outside of it or beyond it but he is great enough that he is also inside of it.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Quantum God?
I like it, we should keep an eye on the science concerned with quantum-mechanics.

NC

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

OR you could look at Super space (brane theory a hypothetical TRUE universe beyond our own in which an infinite number of universe may exist including Brane verse that interact with one another etc - a place seeming chaotic or is it) and wonder if Consciousness transcending time, dimension's and even membrane universes could be controlled by an all encompassing will, I am that I am, the God of super space whom decides to exist and from that point all else comes into being.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Buddhism , hands down

Baha'i, hands down.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I knew a Baha'i, very nice people. I roomed with a Mormon for a few months, he was great.
When we lived in New Orleans, we were only a few blocks from the Sikh temple, and they were always nice. I've attended lectures from a Voodoo priestess and she was nice as well. One of my favorite people in Houston is a Zen priest.

My point is that there are great people in every faith....
And bad folks as well.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

That's quite a leap of faith... But the theory stands and is not in contradiction with quantum-mechanics

It's just quantum realm seems more tangible right now.

As we agree, God is found in both, maybe finding him in the smallest part will help us understand how the overarching part of God works.

I can not expect my cell to understand my brain but I can expect my brain to understand my cells.
Once i have established communication the cells will exponentially learn and vice versa...

Sincerely NC

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: obixman

Totally agree and that is why i proposed Baha'i. That is essentially the premise of the Baha'i faith - literally everyone is equally awesome.

By any accounting, that is an impressive tenet for a faith. I'm not a Baha'i on a P.R drive either!

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Supposedly Christainity an Islam since that what they say, all while every prior form of beleive, even Judaism, god(s) usually were cruel an mischievous with a purpose.

"The gods too are fond of a joke"
Artistole

All the while I think cultures like the Greeks might of not only used them as a form of entertainment, but of morals an consequences...and in worst cases judicial systems. Like Icarus flying to close to the sun, although the sun should be called Appollo, sounds Atheist.

Buddhism the most peaceful with the least noise complaint, all the while they can whoop ass.

edit on 22-3-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I feel that just as science is constantly befuddled by the ever more complex world of the small and has introduced such ideas as uncertainty principle to cover up inability's to quantify certain aspect's with a question mark and chaos theory to also do the same thing that just as trying to understand the universe in it's entirety is constantly elusive so too is the quest to truly understand God, at a certain level they are both the same thing but at a far more fundamental level they are very different, still it is a very deep well to look down, perhaps even an endless one.

I though do tend to keep my faith and my science apart for the most part, they are not incompatible but they speak differently if you catch my drift though both are shaped by the same limitations of our own consciousness and are therefore as far as our limited understanding and psyche will allow to converge at many point's but also in the ultimate answer that many of us seek.

Myself I wonder if the quest for the ultimate answer will ever truly enlighten or if it will simply confuse the hell out of the one whom finally finds it a little like the joke on the subject in The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, 42.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Thread title says it all.

"Nice."

Nice is no substitute for being good.

You cannot always be both.

When people ask me "what would Jesus do?" I remind them them overturning all the tables and driving out the moneychangers with a whip is within the realm of possibilities.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Being able to laugh about our own limitations is certainly one of the best way to deal with it.

I too think science and religion are actually highly compatible, and the reason for the misunderstanding is as you pointed out, the different language they talk, and that small fact that translators often end up on the stacks.

It's also interesting to note that lots of religion, have an occult part to them. Which is, if you look a little closer quite scientific in it's approach, dealing with hard facts and repeatable experiments...
And they have good reasons to dwell in the occult...

Thanks for this conversation LABTECH767

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: FyreByrd

I'm not one for promoting organized religious practice in any form, but most if not all are indeed misogynist.

Far as I'm concerned people should keep their spiritual beliefs to themselves, that way they can practice whatever they wish to within reason.

I agree with you. And it is improving somewhat in many modern religions. American buddhists are very balanced between the genders and are carrying that to more traditional forms. Other religions are following suit but facing backlash.

Misogamy (I hope that's the spelling, I have a terrible time with the word) is more a cultural universal then a religious trait.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I like the religion that is no religion at all.. that says 'live and let live' and 'love those who you are with'

That's my new personal motto as a matter fact... will be striving to do that.. till they hang me at the town square, at noon.

posted on Mar, 22 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yep and I'm a Pagan Scientist (Senistrognata (“Ancestral Customs” in reconstructed Old Celtic) to be exact). Science does not care what religion the people who di it are. Its a damn job after all.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   
"Nice" is a bit of a vague term. It translates to "pleasant, agreeable, satisfactory". If you're taking it to be "not being mean", I guess, yeah Jainism (not Buddhism, it has a long history of violence and being mean)- as someone mentioned previously- they even try not to harm bugs- to the extent that tuborous vegetables are not allowed, as they have to be dug up (and likely kill insects).
I just don't think it is very viable on a large scale.

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
If we are to use global statistics of religion and their associated responsibility for starting/continuing violence and killings as the benchmark then the Mennonite Amish are the nicest.

Likely by virtue of practicing SELF ISOLATION from all other societies that surround them.

I'm not sure statistics is a valid way to go about that, because in that case, the religion I started 5 minutes ago is the nicest: none of the adherents have any responsibility for starting/continuing violence and killing.

posted on Mar, 23 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

You know coincidence or not one of the weirdest convergences between mysticism and science has to be the convergence between theory's about other dimensions, frequency's etc and the way that many medium's spoke similarly about other realm's and vibration's back the 1800''s way before Tesla etc, they even had teleportation by many account's that was known as Apport's were these other realm being's - or spirit's - took objects into there realm and could transport them almost or actually instantaneously from one location to another.

I can't remember all the detail's and most of those medium's were definitely charlatans though just perhaps not all but one account of a rather plump (actually she was said to be very plump) lady whom was a well known medium was that she had retired to bed one night in her home in one part of London while in a well to do house on the other side of the city (it was fashionable for a time for the wealthy to indulge in this mysticism) during a seance she apparently still in her dressing gown and still fast asleep popped into being in the air over the table, much to her and the guests at the seance surprise this fat lady then crashed down onto the table breaking it in the process (so if they are real these other realm entity's or perhaps spirit's may have a rather wicked sense of humor).

So far all we have managed to teleport with modern quantum entanglements (though in fact it is not teleportation at all as it would more rightly be called translocation as teleportation - in the usual modern sense of the word rather than the ancient meaning of the words which is actually very apt - is the process of converting into information at point A were the object is destroyed and then reassembling from that information at point B were the object is recreated but this by all account's is actual translocation so though we may call it teleportation) is a potential charge or information but so far not matter or object's.

As I am sure you will probably agree most Fortean time's in nature, still it beg's the question what if our reality is actually nothing like we assume due to our extremely limited senses, what if there is a far more evolved and highly developed scientific society living just a couple of dimension's away from us?.

Just a thought and while it does not impinge on my own belief's as a science fiction fan I can't resist, what if scientists in another dimension created a religion to help manage social development in this lower dimension and also as a kind of experiment to see how we developed and turned out, religion has often been noted to be at the core of almost all organized society's and it requires and organized society and often a religion to give the impetus for them to start carving, building temples and palaces and even city's around holy sites etc, this then spreads and need's agriculture to thrive and grow giving rise to economic system's more complex than the hunter gatherer and barter model that preceded them..
edit on 24-3-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Looks like the ‘nicest’ religion is highly debatable

The least nicest however, is not

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Yes reality is stranger than fiction, indeed.

It would be quite irresponsible to drop something from another dimension, and then just let the 3D beeings have their way with it.
If thes societies had evolved from where we are now, they would know we will get there sooner or later, and there is no need to interfere. They did it on their own after all.
Unless you have an agenda, that is counter evolutionary, then you would seed a story that would emphasize on 2D. In essence good and bad, black and white, God and evil. With no possible unity between the two.

In the end we will go where we want. Some take another round in 3D, some ascend trough the unified consciousness of all three aspects, and some descend trough the separation into 2D Black and White...
It all depends on what you belive while alive, so faith as often mentioned by religious people is essential, and it is, although often discarded an as essential part in science too...

Sincerely NC

edit on 24-3-2020 by NoConspiracy because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2020 by NoConspiracy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join